Sight-line test balloons up over Disney's Polynesian Resort

Mostly rumor at this point, but info from WDW Magic...

PHOTOS - Sight-line test balloons up over Disney's Polynesian Resort

May 10, 2012

This morning saw some very interesting balloons floating over Disney's Polynesian Resort. We are not talking Mickey Mouse shaped balloons here, but sight-line test balloons, which Disney frequently use when planning new projects to determine the visibility of the planned structure from around the surrounding areas. The balloon typically marks the highest points of the structure.

In this mornings test, there were three balloons around the property, two of which you can see in the photos below. The yellow balloon is located close to the beach, near to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. The second pink balloon is located near to the Aotearoa building.

Speculation has been growing over the last year regarding possible changes to Disney's Polynesian Resort. With Disney's recent boom in building Disney Vacation Club resorts, there has been constant talk that the Polynesian Resort is destined to receive its own DVC wing at some point in the future.

Another frequently discussed scenario, but one that seems more unlikely given the sheer size of such a project, is the speculation that Disney's Polynesian Resort may be totally rebuilt resembling something similar to the new resort that Disney has just opened in Hawaii.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disneys-Polynesian-Resort/News/10May2012-PHOTOS---Sight-line-test-balloons-up-over-DIsney%27s-Polynesian-Resort.htm

Here we go, wild speculation by the WDW experts.

If who ever wrote that article spent more than just a morning at WDW, they would have seen people testing with balloons at other locations around Seven Seas Lagoon.

So I hate to burst their bubble or pop their balloon, but the testing was not only being done at the Poly.

I saw them running around with the balloons between TTC and the water bridge.

What's the speculation to that little tidbit of info.

Here we go, wild speculation by the WDW experts.

If who ever wrote that article spent more that just a morning at WDW, they would have seen people testing with balloons at other locations around Seven Seas Lagoon.

So I hate to burst their bubble or pop their balloon, but the testing was not only being done at the Poly.

I saw them running around with the balloons between TTC and the water bridge.

What's the speculation to that little tidbit of info.

That is PROOF that they are finally going to construct the Venetian Resort! Quick Monique, post an article on that and be the first to bring that news to the people.

Tikiman's site is reporting it's DVC going into the Poly..that's why the balloons were there.

If true..and it likely is, the Poly better step up it's game. We were there for a couple of days prior to our cruise and were really disappointed. Room was not in great shape. AC was God awful. Was incredibly loud, and insult to injury..never cooled the darn room. Had to call mousekeeping back to clean our room, as it hadn't been vacuumed or dusted. When you can write your initials on the wood furniture..that's dusty! Turned out later that night the sink didn't drain. We were kind of disgusted, given the money we paid. Even with an AP rate it was EXPENSIVE. Certainly not worth the kind of money we paid. We are big fans of the Poly too, so this was disheartening to see.

My next visit I am taking a bunch of balloons with me to put up at various locations. Please submit your suggestions. Offhand, I'm thinking the middle of Bay Lake, Disney's waste water treatment facility, and maybe a mobile one on the back of a water mouse.

• 3 weeks later...

My next visit I am taking a bunch of balloons with me to put up at various locations. Please submit your suggestions. Offhand, I'm thinking the middle of Bay Lake, Disney's waste water treatment facility, and maybe a mobile one on the back of a water mouse.

How about the center of the MK parking lot? The bathrooms in Morocco? The statue of Walt and Mickey in the MK, tied to Walt's hand?