Finally - accessible travel trailers

I saw a piece in the latest Trailer Life about this company.  Their link was incorrect, but I have located the correct one.  I can't believe that with all of the physically disabled people who like to camp there are, a company hasn't tapped into this market yet.  Here you go, kids:

http://www.harborview.mobilitycamper.com/

The interiors look HUGE!  I would buy one of the things for the big bathroom alone, and I don't need it.

Jim - I'm sure you have done some people a great service by bringing this RV company to our attention. 

For those of us lucky enough not to need something such as this, we don't think of the needs of people who rely on electric chairs or even wheelchairs to allow them mobility.  Regular RV's just don't fit those needs.  God bless the owners of this company for thinking outside the box to offer a product such as this!!  I wish them nothing but success.

Now, if only a MH manufacturer would come up with something similar!!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw a piece in the latest Trailer Life about this company. Their link was incorrect, but I have located the correct one. I can't believe that with all of the physically disabled people who like to camp there are, a company hasn't tapped into this market yet. Here you go, kids:

http://www.harborvie...litycamper.com/

The link isn't working for me.

Went to the Tampa RV show two weeks ago and saw a couple towables that had wheel chair lifts built into the side and showers that were wheel chair ready. I also don't know why it has take so long for this to come about. It opens camping up to so many more people.

Now if rental companies would only get some. I found recently when searching for this specific thing it was impossible to find one. Canada seemed to have more availability. But in the United States basically the only place I could find that rented an accessible rv or travel trailer was in California.

Now when I win the lottery...I know I have to buy a ticket first.....I will be able to purchase one of those that is equipped completely for our children in their wheel chairs. Poor Shawnee has to do his commando crawing while in the RV we have as there is not enough room for his chair. Bless his heart. He is so good about it. That would be a dream come true for us.

Newmar had the ATME 4188 for one year which was a mid-engine diesel Class A in their 2009 brochure. It has a wheelchair lift in the back and the floorplan was designed so that someone in a wheelchair could easily travel the length of it (looks like it was even doable with the slides in) but they abandoned the 'mid-engine' floorplans after that year and I've never actually seen one so it would probably be very hard to find one if any even exist.

Floorplan:

http://www.newmarcorp.com/uploads/floorplanpdfs/allstar/NewmarAllStar4188.pdf

It's a bit surprising that there's not more available but it isn't that big of a market.