Sailing on Carnival Freedom June 4

I just took advantage of Carnival's most recent 72 hour sale and past guest pricing to book a 8 day Western Caribbean on the Freedom sailing from Port Everglades on June 4. I'm using the excuse that it's a graduation celebration for my oldest daughter finishing high school this year but you really don't need an excuse to go on a cruise in my opinion. The itinerary includes Cozumel; Limon, Costa Rica, and Colon, Panama. There are also 4 sea days which I just love. I had planned on driving to Fl but did a search on air fares and discovered that Spirit is going to start flying out of DFW again in May, just in time for our cruise. It's actually going to be almost a wash between the cost to drive with a couple extra nights in hotels and the cost for all 4 of us to fly with Spirit. Not to mention I won't be spending 2 days behind the wheel.

We love Cozumel too!  We usually just walk around, and eat and drink our way around the island. LOL

Here's a great guide, with maps:  http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/index.htm.  They also have a page with local restaurant recommendations.  We love to get off the beaten path, and eat at little local places.  We also find little local stands and bars that serve the best margaritas!  :o

When our son and his wife went recently, they rented a jeep, and drove around the island themselves and had a great time!  You basically just follow one loop around the island -- impossible to get lost.