New Drink - Tipsy Ducks in Love, China Pavilion at Epcot

From the Disney Food blog...

Review: NEW Tipsy Duck Drink in Epcot’s China Pavilion

Jun 13th, 2012 by Erin.

There’s a new drink at the Joy of Tea stand in Epcot’s China Pavilion – Tipsy Ducks in Love!

Joy-of-Tea-600x342.jpg

Joy of Tea

The cast members at Joy of Tea were selling this VERY enthusiastically. It’s basically iced coffee and tea, plus whipped cream, plus a generous pour of Jim Beam, plus chocolate.

Tipsy-Duck-364x625.jpg

Tipsy Duck

I don’t normally drink bourbon, but the cast members were so, well, enthusiastic about it, that I decided to give it a shot.

Jim-Beam-Pour-on-Tipsy-Duck-507x625.jpg

Jim Beam Pour on Tipsy Duck

They claimed that this was popular in Hong Kong because of the combination of English and Chinese elements. I didn’t see anything English or Chinese about it. This was, however, an AWESOME drink.

Whipped-Cream-552x625.jpg

Adding Whipped Cream

Like I said, I almost never drink bourbon, but this went down smoooooth. Delish, creamy iced coffee, with a barely noticeable kick that totally took the edge off a steamy Epcot afternoon.

Would make a wonderful after dinner drink too.

Tipsy-Ducks-1-486x625.jpg

Tipsy Ducks in Love - click image for larger version

Also available without booze. But, why? You can get cheaper iced coffee elsewhere.

Are the Tipsy Ducks on your list for your next Epcot visit? Let us know if this is something you’d sample!

Erin Foster is the Disney Food for Families columnist and a behind-the-scenes guru here at Disney Food Blog! Check out more of her posts here.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/13/review-new-tipsy-duck-drink-in-epcots-china-pavilion/#more-58071

• 4 years later...

I'd heard good things about the Tipsy Ducks in Love - though presumably not from the Fort Fiends! - and decided to try one last weekend.

The price is now $8.95 + tax, so it came to $9.54, which isn't really all that much worse than the rum & coke I had at Rose & Crown. Also note that the 45¢ increase in almost 5 years isn't too bad, especially compared to how much the price of my afternoon tea has gone up in the same amount of time. ($10!)

Anyway, the bourbon pour was generous and fortunately they've done away with the whipped cream (I would have asked them to leave it off).

Since I don't drink coffee I can't compare it to other iced coffees but boy this was tasty. I assume it's pretty much an iced mocha with a buzz and I won't think about how much sugar is in it. I thought I'd taken a picture of it, but really it looks the same as what you saw above. I only have a selfie with me holding it, and I think your life is complete without me sharing that.

Hmm... I've always passed this one by, but you may have just convinced me to try it.  :)

1 hour ago, wendinator said:

... I only have a selfie with me holding it, and I think your life is complete without me sharing that.

LOL!  I'd be willing to bet your selfie is a lot better than any I've ever taken.  I'm so bad at it that in October I handed my phone to my 7yo nephew when I wanted to take one of the 2 of us.  ;)

Now that all of the TCD girls are of legal drinking age, we've sampled some of the famous World Showcase drinks.  We tried one of these during a Food and Wine Festival visit last fall.  The twins hated it.  I thought it wasn't too bad- but you can really taste the bourbon.  Still way too much money for a drink, though.

TCD