Asking Loop Advice (edited title for clarification)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spend the extra 5$ and get a bike with a kick stand next time. Who needs a stinkin bike rack anyway? ?

Nah, one of the lines on Nicki's 10 spreadsheets titled, "My unplanned WDW trip" tells her not to over-think it except on Fridays and Tuesdays.

Step away from the Excel.

You can hear the campfire and movie, it's not obnoxiously loud, it really doesn't bother us. The campfire is usually over by the time we settle in....we usually stay late at the parks. The coulple sites that back right up to the campfire are really big. I can't remember the numbers. I think 1432 or 33.

Very good.

The 5 sites that back up to the campfire area are 1429, 1431, 1432, 1433 and 1435. We were in 1435 a couple of times back in the day. You can see the movie screen from the back of that site. That one has the sidewalk right next to it. There used to be a lot of golf cart traffic on that sidewalk, but not anymore since that sidwalk is now closed to golf carts.

TCD

Very good.

The 5 sites that back up to the campfire area are 1429, 1431, 1432, 1433 and 1435. We were in 1435 a couple of times back in the day. You can see the movie screen from the back of that site. That one has the sidewalk right next to it. There used to be a lot of golf cart traffic on that sidewalk, but not anymore since that sidwalk is now closed to golf carts.

TCD

I will be putting several of those on my fax request... except 1435. DH probably wouldn't like that one.

Very good.

TCD

According to DH....he remembers that kind of stuff...we have stayed in all of those sites except 1435. 1429 was the smallest and backed up to the canal.
  • 7 months later...

I'm really late to the party here, but we have requested 1435 the last two years and have gotten it both times. We wanted to be close to the comfort station since we don't really use the bathroom in the RV, and this way we could keep eyes on the kids the whole way. My 10 year old daughter was just in here (I was looking at sites on Shanta's program and on bing maps which has better resolution) and she said, "I liked it we could watch the movie from our site"), We sat in lawn chairs on the back pavement and could see and hear the movie just fine.

The noise did not bother us at all, and we enjoyed hearing the cowboy singing. We stay up late anyway. I liken it to having the music piped in like at the store, only it's at my site! Those bushes may be growing more and more by now.

All in all we really liked that site. When sitting outside and people are walking by or riding their bikes (no carts except for mine when they pulled the barricades to do maint). I'd always say hello and the people would always say hello back. It's my Minnesota Nice coming out.

I'm going to put in my request for 1432, 1433 or 1435 for when we arrive in just over two weeks. Any of them that back up to the fire are fine. It's also a short walk to the pool or the Meadows to see if Bob is fishing or sit in TCD's rocking chair.

So the irony to this thread goes like this -

We pull up and they give me a site in the 1400 loop. I text Doodle a picture of my welcome packet.

The site is not ready and overflow is packed.

Doodle calls me. I tell her the situation. She tells me to go back and request a site in the 900 loop directly across from her.

Lou and TCD were correct. Planning is for the birds..... but at least I had a rockin site amongst the fiends.

Sorry to hear about your dogs too. We lost ours on January 4th. :(

We always stay in 500 - very easy to navigate and most sites are nice (we have a 35 ft 5er with 3 slides) but when we return in September, we are going to request/try 400. While I know it's a pet loop too, it's not the same pet loop our Marley loved so much...

I was less then thrilled when I first pulled into my site in the 400 Loop. I had one that backed up to the main road and I thought the traffic would be distracting. I was very much wrong. The noise never bothered us and the location was perfect. I could walk to the Settlement quickly and our site was close enough to the comfort station to use the laundry easily but not so close that I noticed foot traffic using it.

(I was looking at sites on Shanta's program and on bing maps which has better resolution)

Would anyone be able share the file of Shanta's map with me? I have been checking around for it because I'm such a visual person and would love to see how the site numbers fall on the loop. The videos are really awesome, but until I learn the way the numbering works, it won't really make sense to me.

Thanks!

Becca

Zpack, you can find Shanta's program for google maps here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/1029-fw-site-maps-in-googleearth/

I open the program he made, and then use bingmaps to reference between the two. In Bing you can switch between the "road", "aerial", and "bird's eye" view depending on what you want to see. http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LmZvcnQlMmJ3aWxkZXJuZXNzJTdlc3N0LjAlN2VwZy4xJmJiPTM1LjU2MzA1MDA5MzYxMDQlN2UtMTE4LjAzMTkxMzc1NzMyNCU3ZTM0LjkwOTExODM0MDQ0MjIlN2UtMTE5LjMwOTA3NDQwMTg1NQ==

Prepare to lose a few hours!

Zpack, you can find Shanta's program for google maps here: http://www.fortfiend...in-googleearth/

I open the program he made, and then use bingmaps to reference between the two. In Bing you can switch between the "road", "aerial", and "bird's eye" view depending on what you want to see. http://www.bing.com/...TA3NDQwMTg1NQ==

Prepare to lose a few hours!

Thanks so much! I'd better wrap up my last bit of work before I dive in :dance:

I have downloaded google earth but can't get Shanta's program because it looks like he deleted them? I hoped that somebody might have the file to share... Loved the bing maps though, thanks! I'm mainly interested in how the 1300 site numbers run. Does it start at the loop entrance and go counter clockwise, increasing in number? Evens and one side and odds on the other? I'd love to know which numbers are near CS, canal, playground, etc. If anyone has a screen shot of that loops site layout that would be great. Or forget all the above questions and simplify--any favorite sites on 1300? I'm sure that I'll be happy anywhere at the Fort, just thought that it wouldn't hurt to have a few in mind to request. Thanks!

I have downloaded google earth but can't get Shanta's program because it looks like he deleted them? I hoped that somebody might have the file to share... Loved the bing maps though, thanks! I'm mainly interested in how the 1300 site numbers run. Does it start at the loop entrance and go counter clockwise, increasing in number? Evens and one side and odds on the other? I'd love to know which numbers are near CS, canal, playground, etc. If anyone has a screen shot of that loops site layout that would be great. Or forget all the above questions and simplify--any favorite sites on 1300? I'm sure that I'll be happy anywhere at the Fort, just thought that it wouldn't hurt to have a few in mind to request. Thanks!

Check out the following pages for sites near the comfort station

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/

I can't figure out how to post an attachment here. I sent you a private message, if you can give me your email address I can send you the kmz file that way.

I don't know Shanta, but is there a way we can get that link active again, or can we put it up somewhere on this site? I can send it to an admin if they don't have it.

I can't figure out how to post an attachment here. I sent you a private message, if you can give me your email address I can send you the kmz file that way.

I don't know Shanta, but is there a way we can get that link active again, or can we put it up somewhere on this site? I can send it to an admin if they don't have it.

Shanta has abandoned the project.