Looks like parking at the Outpost is going to get tricky...

... according to the latest AllEars newsletter:

"Parking at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be very limited now through July 12, as the entire guest parking lot is being paved. If you'll be attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue during this time, consider taking the boat from Magic Kingdom or a bus from another theme park instead of driving."

Not sure if this will include the overflow lot, but I'm sure it will... However, I can't see them closing the lot off entirely to traffic. The ME and and DCL buses, not to mention all of the other traffic will have to be allowed in somehow...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on signs in Spanish. That really burns me. And for the one or two of you that think I'm being rather harsh, I am an immigrant, and I don't want to see signs in my native language

No squirrels, just wild Black bears.

You know what, I do the same thing sometimes when I can't park at someone's site. Carol, can I have an exemption?

Not enough wine?

Jacks punch worked better on the last return trip. Only problem with it is the looks you get when you walk into walmart at 7 am to buy more... :rofl2:

They can just park in that little open space at the entrance of the 1500 loop. It is closer to the pavilions anyways.

Of course!

I forgot about that. That's what they did last year.

Maybe they can park in some of the open spaces on other loops and the Rangers can give them rides to the pool so they don't have to carry all their charcoal and stuff too far.

TCD

I think if we were good fiends we would adopt a local for a day. It would be the fiendish thing to do!

Ok, I couldn't even keep a straight face while typing. :rofl2:

That would be too hard, we are all loud, obnoxious, smoking, drunks!!! We never leave our sites, so that the local can't have their little girl ride around in circles in peace!

I see a money making opportunity here.

They can park in my driveway or on my street, for a fee of course, and then I'll shuttle them to the Fort, for a fee of course. And then I'll shuttle them back, for an even higher fee.

I realize that there is a risk involved because most of those freeloaders are probably illegal aliens, oh excuse me, undocumented citizens, but it's all about risk/reward.

I see a money making opportunity here.

They can park in my driveway or on my street, for a fee of course, and then I'll shuttle them to the Fort, for a fee of course. And then I'll shuttle them back, for an even higher fee.

I realize that there is a risk involved because most of those freeloaders are probably illegal aliens, oh excuse me, undocumented citizens, but it's all about risk/reward.

Lou-

You are missing the point.

They are called FREEloaders. They don't spend any money. Except on the beer, drinks , hot dogs, charcoal, etc. that they haul from their cars to the free bus to the free pool to sit in the free chairs that FW guests kindly pay top dollar for.

TCD