Our 1989 Trips - Pics from the Past

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Just came across this thread... haha, loved the 80's :)

Man, I miss the skyway and the submarine ride!  These pictures brought a smile to my face.  Thank you Gwen!

You're welcome!

Great pix.

I wish they still had the sky way. And river country.

I never experienced river country but it looked like a cool place. Does anyone remember what it cost to get into RC?

Thanks.  I don't know what a day pass to RC cost, but we had APs and I think to add RC for the year was about $10 - $12 per person.

I never experienced river country but it looked like a cool place. Does anyone remember what it cost to get into RC?

Ray-  I took this photo in 2007.  River Country had been closed since 2001 at the time. The front of the old ticket window was boarded up, but I was able to see around it and take this photo.  It shows the prices as of 2001:

rcsign_zps6c2c1539.jpg

TCD

• 3 years later...

We tent camped at the Fort in the early-mid 90's and the one thing that I always remember is the Free Kennel use if you were staying on site. While I hated leaving our Collie, we would visit him a couple times a day and let him run in a large grass area that use to be right in front of the Kennel. I have a few Pic's of the location someplace .....if I come across them, I'll post um.