NEW Be Our Guest Restaurant - menu and reservation news!

From the Disney Food blog. Assuming open "for the holidays" means Thanksgiving, if anyone happens to hear of a confirmed date you can start making reservations, please share so I can plan to be camped out and ready to go! :D

News! Be Our Guest Restaurant Menu and Reservations Update in Fantasyland

Jun 27th, 2012 by AJ.

The Imagineers have shared exciting details of the Be Our Guest restaurant opening later this year in the Beauty and the Beast section of the new Fantasyland in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.

Finally — we have menu and reservation details to share with you! YAY!!! icon_wink.gif Scroll down for the deets…

Atmosphere

From a massive mural to three themed dining rooms, guests will be immersed in scenes from the 1991 animated film “Beauty and the Beast”. The model of the new Fantasyland shows the restuarant, Be Our Guest, nestled underneath the Beast’s Castle.

Beast-Castle.jpg

Beast Castle

Guests will enjoy one of three dining rooms – West Wing, Library, or the Ballroom – in this 550 seat venue. Guests will be able to dine counter-service during the day, and table service at night!

Rose-Chandelier-at-Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant.jpg

Rose Chandelier at Be Our Guest Restaurant

Here are a few more new details…

Menu and MORE

The menu, as we mentioned will include both counter-service (for lunch) and table-service (for dinner) eats! There are also some fun new details about how Disney is making counter service a bit more civilized. icon_wink.gif Read on…

Be Our Guest Restaurant Lunch Menu

This will be a bit different than what you’re used to with regular Magic Kingdom counter service. Touch-screeen, automated terminals (like you can find at Pecos Bill and Contempo Cafe) will be available for guests to customize their orders. For special dietary requests and cash orders, cashiers will also be available.

Once your order is placed, you’ll sit down and your order will be delivered to you on real tableware — no paper and plastic around here. icon_wink.gif Guests who have eaten at Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney will understand the process here.

The counter-service menu itself will include French-inspired items (lots of you called that one long ago!!). Sandwiches and salads on the menu will include a tuna Niçoise salad and a Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (let’s hope they’re like the ones at Cafe Orleans!!).

Other options? Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise, or a grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread. These are also served with pommes frites. A braised pork dish (cooked for eight hours) will also be available — this is the Chef’s favorite. Vegetarians will enjoy a loaded vegetable quiche or quinoa, shallot, and chive salad.

For the kiddos at lunch, expect a carved turkey sandwich, roasted pulled pork, Mickey meatloaf, seared mahi mahi, or whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella.

Be-Our-Guest-restaurant-Chandelier-468x625.jpg

Chandelier in a Be Our Guest Restuarant Dining Room

Be Our Guest Restaurant Dinner Menu

Once dinner hits — the dining rooms transform to table-service venues.

The menu will start out with a charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine, French onion or potato leek soup, a salad with champagne vinaigrette, and a salad trio with roasted beet, raisins, and orange; green beans, tomatoes, and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish, and mint.

Main course options include a thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta (YUM!), rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes, pan-seared salmon in leek fondue (I’ll just take a side of that leek fondue for my meal, please…), grilled strip steak with pommes frites, sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce, and an oven-baked ratatouille.

For dessert, enjoy strawberry cream cheese or triple chocolate cupcakes, a chocolate cream puff, or a passion fruit cream puff.

(Note: So far, no mention of “gray stuff…”)

For kids at dinner, it’s grilled steak, grilled fish of the day, whole-grain macaroni, or grilled chicken breast.

Reservations

Sadly, no real news here, as we’d already heard rumors about the late August reservation date. Here’s the direct quote from the Disney Parks Blog: “Guests can start making reservations in late August (we’ll let you know the exact date as soon as we can), with the restaurant to be open for the holidays.”

Sigh… I guess we’ll all just keep our fingers crossed that the restaurant will be open for our Fall and Winter trips.

Disney Dining Plan and Pricing?

We don’t have any new information regarding pricing or Disney Dining Plan participation.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Chef Mike Deardorff did say, “We think guests will be pleasantly surprised with the menu and the value,” which makes us hope that the prices won’t be off the charts.

It is my speculative guess that lunch will be a counter-service credit on the Disney Dining Plan, and that dinner will also be on the plan (one or two credits? not sure).

We’ll keep you updated on any new information we get! As always, join our Disney Food Blog newsletter to get the latest Disney food news and info!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/27/news-be-our-guest-restaurant-menu-and-reservations-update-in-fantasyland/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to call that American French, so you're safe from any harassment, at least from me.

I'll stay as far away from that restaurant as I do any French restaurant anywhere. I don't like much of anything that's from France, including the food. I do like French Fries though.

Take away the window dressing, and this is a quick serve place at lunch where you can choose between tuna, ham and cheese or a turkey sandwich. Or, you can get a salad. At least it's air conditioned.

Take away the window dressing, and this is a quick serve place at lunch where you can choose between tuna, ham and cheese or a turkey sandwich. Or, you can get a salad.

At least it's air conditioned.

I will try it, and will not be disappointed, as I will not have high expectations.

I do not see me ever dining in here at the dinner hour. I'm sure it will be way overpriced.

TCD

I guess I always assumed there would be a character breakfast or dinner there. Seems like an obvious fit to have characters from Beauty and the Beast there. I guess I may cross this one off the list other than maybe eating lunch there once just to see what its like inside. DD loves Belle (and now Merida) so we figured we would take her to a character meal there......I guess not.

----Begin Hijack----

and I am with Lou.....I like fries but that's about the extent of what I like from France.

My brother's division kept finding weapons in the hands of the Iraqis that came from France in violation of the UN sanctions against the Saddam Hussein ruled Iraq......so I don't have much love.

I think the US should claim the cemetaries at Normandy as US Territory........but that's just me.

No offense to the actual french people.....as with anywhere....I am sure some are good and some not so much.

End Hijack

The only good thing about France is Canada.

And when the Canadians learn to drive and speak English, they'll be unbeatable.

You'll be waiting a good long time for that one, monsieur! :rofl2:

I am of French decent.... does that mean you don't like me?

Stick with me Nicki - have I mentioned my maiden name is Provençal?

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticon-000584-large.gif

I stay out of the French politics discussion, but I am definitely a fan of the cultural stuff - art, architecture, and especially the FOOD. I think I had enough escargot at F&W last year to choke a cheval.

But technically I am of French Canadian decent (3 of my 4 grandparents were born in Canada), so Lou gives me a pass.

:smug:

You'll be waiting a good long time for that one, monsieur! :rofl2:

Stick with me Nicki - have I mentioned my maiden name is Provençal?

french-french-paris-france-smiley-emoticon-000584-large.gif

I stay out of the French politics discussion, but I am definitely a fan of the cultural stuff - art, architecture, and especially the FOOD. I think I had enough escargot at F&W last year to choke a cheval.

But technically I am of French Canadian decent (3 of my 4 grandparents were born in Canada), so Lou gives me a pass.

:smug:

My mother's maiden name we DeMoss from the DeMouchet. Then they threw in some Irish, Murphey. A very interesting combination...

Well, I'm half-coonass and half-redneck. I win.

SO, back to the subject at hand - are they NOT having character meals there???? My DD would LOVE it so much I might actually pay for a character meal there. But probably not a regular meal.

My family on all sides comes from Ireland, England, and a slight percentage Welsh.

My wife's family is English, Irish, and a slight percentage Native American........and most of her family on her mom's side ended up settling in Alabama.

Your wife and I need to have a talk. The french, irish side also threw in a dab of Native American from a couple of tribes before settling in Louisiana via Alabama (I think). I also got British and possibly some German but that's from the otha side.

My mother's maiden name we DeMoss from the DeMouchet. Then they threw in some Irish, Murphey. A very interesting combination...

I've got 3 French(Canadian) grandparents and one named Querino Piergallini - 1st generation Italian.

So I'm stubborn (really stubborn)... and talk with my hands.

SO, back to the subject at hand - are they NOT having character meals there? ???

I'd be willing to bet they will at some point, maybe not just right off the bat.

I've got 3 French(Canadian) grandparents and one named Querino Piergallini - 1st generation Italian.

So I'm stubborn (really stubborn)... and talk with my hands.

I'd be willing to bet they will at some point, maybe not just right off the bat.

well I am stubborn, with a temper and when let loose could cause wars but at least I have restraint :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: