NEW Be Our Guest Restaurant - menu and reservation news!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to call that American French, so you're safe from any harassment, at least from me.

I'll stay as far away from that restaurant as I do any French restaurant anywhere. I don't like much of anything that's from France, including the food. I do like French Fries though.

Take away the window dressing, and this is a quick serve place at lunch where you can choose between tuna, ham and cheese or a turkey sandwich. Or, you can get a salad. At least it's air conditioned.

I've been sporadically calling since 7am - busy. busy. busy.

However friends of ours that will also be down Thanksgiving week were trying too and she let me know that they snagged us all a 7:45 reservation for 11/21. :jumpforjoy

We were shooting for any time on 11/19, 20, 21 and she'd been trying all morning and that was the first available she could get.

At this rate, I'll be shocked if there's anything left when the online system comes up in a couple of days.

I made a reservation. I'm actually not that interested in the menu...but for some reason I get into the quest for a "hard to get" ADR now and then. So I took it as my mission today to get one. And I finally did get through using the UK dining number. I bet the CM was surprised that I didn't have a British accent. :rofl2:

In any case, unless the reviews are great for dinner I will likely end up canceling it. But I am interested in the atmosphere, especially at night during the holidays. I bet it is just magical. We will see.

... finally did get through using the UK dining number. I bet the CM was surprised that I didn't have a British accent. :rofl2:

Tricky!!! Never thought of that one. 8)

In any case, unless the reviews are great for dinner I will likely end up canceling it. But I am interested in the atmosphere, especially at night during the holidays. I bet it is just magical. We will see.

I promise to take lots of pics and let you know what we think of the food. :D

From WDW Magic. FWIW I don't have any other confirmation on this yet...

The scramble to secure reservations for 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' has been in full force since 7am this morning. As with other popular dining options, Disney are requiring a credit card guarantee for each reservation. According to our Travel Agent friends who are doing hundreds of these reservations, there has been some issues with Disney's automated system not asking for a credit card at the time of this reservation. In the event of a reservation not having a credit card, there is a possibility that the reservation will be auto-canceled within 24 hours.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/be-our-guest-restaurant/news/20aug2012-important-information-about-%27be-our-guest-restaurant%27-reservations-needing-to-be-secured-by-credit-card.htm

More on this from the Disney Food Blog...

Be Our Guest Restaurant Reservation Information and Issues

Aug 20th, 2012 by AJ.

3:00pm UPDATE: We’re being told by readers that at this point, reservations made for Be Our Guest via the automated system that do not have a credit card guarantee will not be cancelled (thank goodness). It’s still a roller coaster ride, my friends. I was told this morning that they would be cancelled, but many readers have written to let me know that the tune seems to have changed this afternoon. Call to be sure, but it looks like we’re out of the weeds.

Well, what a morning it’s been! For those of you who have battled the phone lines as I have, I feel your pain. Here are a few learnings and warnings from this morning…also some action steps:

Automated Booking Service and Credit Card Numbers

For those who booked reservations for Be Our Guest Restaurant through the automated booking service this morning (i.e. you did NOT speak to an actual human being), these reservations have not been held with a credit card guarantee and may be cancelled today due to a glitch. You will need to call back on the dining line today and modify your reservation, adding a credit card number guarantee.

My personal experience: I booked via the automated line and ended up battling busy signals for over an hour before finally getting back through to the system. The dining reservation agent I spoke to put me through to the Dining Help line. The Dining Help line agent added my credit card number to the reservations and gave me new confirmation numbers.

If you do this, continue to confirm your reservations today and tomorrow as a precaution.

Current State of Reservations

Currently, I’ve heard nothing negative about reservations that were booked through an actual agent today. Those should still be in place.

For those of us still trying to get reservations, from what I can tell many Disney dining and reservations lines are still busy, and many dates in November and December are booked up. Depending on how many of the automated reservations are cancelled today and tomorrow, there may be slots opening up.

Keep calling, and if you’re a DVC Member or Annual Passholder, you may have better luck getting through by using those dedicated service lines. If you can’t get through, online reservations open up on Wednesday — keep checking for cancellations.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/20/be-our-guest-restaurant-reservation-information-and-issues/#more-63986

Disney has confirmed that as long as you received a confirmation number when making your reservation for Be Our Guest yesterday, the reservation will NOT be deleted and will be honored, even if you were not prompted to leave a credit card deposit. (hang onto that number to be safe!)

High call volume is expected to continue for the next few days.

Those guests that may have been trying to get through to the reservation line to cancel an existing reservation at another restaurant and were unable to due to the high call volume, will not be charged the cancellation fee.

A reminder that online reservations for Be Our Guest will start tomorrow.

Disney has confirmed that as long as you received a confirmation number when making your reservation for Be Our Guest yesterday, the reservation will NOT be deleted and will be honored, even if you were not prompted to leave a credit card deposit. (hang onto that number to be safe!)

High call volume is expected to continue for the next few days.

Those guests that may have been trying to get through to the reservation line to cancel an existing reservation at another restaurant and were unable to due to the high call volume, will not be charged the cancellation fee.

A reminder that online reservations for Be Our Guest will start tomorrow.

That's great news!

• 4 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog...

News! Be Our Guest Restaurant Menus and Food Photos!

Sep 14th, 2012 by AJ.

For those who haven’t heard about this fun new spot yet, Be Our Guest Restaurant will (soft) open to great fanfare on November 19th in the New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.

Enchanting diners with references to the “Beauty and the Beast” film, a rose motif and French atmosphere will be showcased throughout the restaurant.

Be-Our-Guest-Menu-600x337.jpg

Yesterday we reported on the Be Our Guest Restaurant beer and wine menu that will be offered during the dinner meal. The big news here is not that French wine will be uncorked inside the Beast’s Castle, it’s that alcohol will be served for the first time within the Magic Kingdom. Historically, Walt Disney had kept Disneyland a “dry” location with the exception of the private Club 33. The Magic Kingdom had followed this tradition.

But now that we’ve raised our glasses to toast Be Our Guest, it’s time to take a look at the food!

Be Our Guest Restaurant Dinner Menu

For dinner-time, the meal will be more elegant with table-service, French wine, and seating available in the West Wing and the Ballroom. The Be Our Guest dinner menu adds additional appetizer choices and more gourmet entrees.

For Starters, one of the dinner menu options is Mussels Provencal with White Wine, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Basil, and Butter.

Mussels-Proven%C3%A7al-600x410.jpg

Mussels Provençal

The Charcuterie Plate includes assorted cured meats and sausages served with cornichons, pickled onions, and toasted whole grain bread.

Assorted-Cured-Meats-and-Sausages-600x331.jpg

Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages

One of the entrees I’m game for when I’m there — the Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter — is accompanied by Pommes Frites (Steak and Frites — woo!)!

Grilled-Strip-Steak-with-Garlic-Herb-Butter-and-Pommes-Frites-600x432.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pommes Frites

Ratatouille Confit Byaldi will be oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, and caramelized onions sliced and layered on quinoa. It’s served with bell pepper salsa!

Layered-Ratatouille-600x375.jpg

Layered Ratatouille

Diners looking for seafood will not be disappointed with the Pan-seared Salmon on leek fondue served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes.

Pan-seared-Salmon-with-Leek-Fondue-and-Saffron-Potatoes-600x349.jpg

Pan-seared Salmon with Leek Fondue and Saffron Potatoes

All dinner entrees include a choice of dessert. Check out the cream puffs!

Mousse-Filled-Cream-Puffs-600x323.jpg

Mousse-Filled Cream Puffs

Or indulge with a gourmet cupcake. Choose from Lemon Meringue, Strawberry Cream Cheese, and Triple Chocolate.

Gourmet-Cupcakes-600x320.jpg

Gourmet Cupcakes

The best part? We’re also hearing that guests will be able to “try the Gray Stuff” at dessert! (We hear it’s delicious! ;-D)

Be Our Guest Restaurant Lunch Menu

Lunch will be quick-service with modern touch-screen ordering inside the gorgeous medieval castle. The lunch menu features soups, sandwiches, desserts, and more!

See the full Be Our Guest lunch menu here.

The desserts are the same at lunch and dinner, however they are not included with lunch entrees.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Kids’ Menu

Kids are also offered unique meals at lunch and dinner. See the Be Our Guest Kids’ menus here.

Want More Be Our Guest Restaurant Info?

Our Be Our Guest restaurant page is the place to read up on all the news from this new restaurant, including pictures of the restaurant’s atmosphere and interior!

What do you think about the Be Our Guest restaurant menus? Let us know what you can’t wait to try!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/14/news-be-our-guest-restaurant-menus-and-food-photos/

• 4 weeks later...