How many fiends are gun buffs? Always looking for others to talk guns with. I goto the range about twice a month and currently have a Taurus pt111 9mm, ruger lc9 9mm, s&w m&p ar15, s&w single shot 22 rifle, black powder muzzle loader, and an old pistol I inherited that I have yet to identify.

So, anyone else enjoy this sport?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own guns and I enjoy shooting, always have. Every job I ever had involved carrying guns. I am Pro Gun. :) Paid for by the committee to elect H.

Something was mentioned about a range. Is it in the Orlando area and can anyone attend or is it a memebers only thing. While I am not political about my gun ownership, I do believe in being prepared

Love the shooting sports!! Just wish that ammo prices would come back down to earth... I have resorted to shooting mostly .22lr with my son. We both built custom 10/22's this past year. Tack driver

I'm not a gun enthusiast; however, after the last presidential election I bought two guns - a Glock 9mm and a Walther P22 - just in case. I used to be a regular at the range till a friend had a scary incident with a "hang fire". I need to take a brush up class then take a concealed carry class.

I'm not a gun enthusiast; however, after the last presidential election I bought two guns - a Glock 9mm and a Walther P22 - just in case. I used to be a regular at the range till a friend had a scary incident with a "hang fire". I need to take a brush up class then take a concealed carry class.

They did a news story about that down here. How gun sales soared over the last couple of years. Mainly due to fear of stricter laws.

I have my ccwp and DW is getting hers. Around here, I just feel safer having one on me. But I've had years and years of training and experience with them. You get pretty comfortable with them when you have had to carry one every day and relied on it to save your life a time or two.

I am not a true gun enthusiast but I did buy one recently for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I do enjoy going shooting though. We'll have to get together when we move down there. I have a 9mm Smith & Wesson compact.

I am not a true gun enthusiast but I did buy one recently for many of the same reasons you mentioned. I do enjoy going shooting though. We'll have to get together when we move down there. I have a 9mm Smith & Wesson compact.

That sounds like a plan. I know a nice outdoor range with great prices. Let me know when Yall get down here.

I bought INC a class and time at the range for Mother's Day. We both took the class, and I can tell you that woman is a natural. Looking forward to getting back to the range and watching her do her stuff. I enjoy shooting too, but watching her pull that trigger reminds me of Charlie's Angels. Very nice! >:D

sorry, guess you are finding out something about me I should keep private. :rofl3:

I own guns and I enjoy shooting, always have. Every job I ever had involved carrying guns.

I am Pro Gun. :)

Paid for by the committee to elect H.

I own guns and I enjoy shooting, always have. Every job I ever had involved carrying guns.

I am Pro Gun. :)

Paid for by the committee to elect H.

Got my vote....not sure what youre running for though.

I used to collect, but have since sold a good portion of my stuff off when prices went up. Got rid of 2 Colt AR's, a new in box UZI, a Browning Belgium 30-06, a few factory nickel West German SIG's, a 40 yr old new in box 1911.

Still have a West German SIG P229 40 cal, a few pocket pistols, some rifles and shotguns.

I have been thinking about buying a Ruger LCP.

Got my vote....not sure what youre running for though.

He's running for King of the Hayfield.

I cling to my Bible and guns and I’m King of the Hayfield. :rofl3:

I used to collect, but have since sold a good portion of my stuff off when prices went up. Got rid of 2 Colt AR's, a new in box UZI, a Browning Belgium 30-06, a few factory nickel West German SIG's, a 40 yr old new in box 1911.

Still have a West German SIG P229 40 cal, a few pocket pistols, some rifles and shotguns.

I have been thinking about buying a Ruger LCP.

Those 1911s are pretty popular. Ive never owned one myself. The LCP is a good firearm. I know several people who have one. I am kind of fond of the 9mms so I went with the LC9. Same firearm, just a different caliber. Most of my hand guns (the ones I carry or shoot regularly) are 9mms. Makes ammo purchases easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Something was mentioned about a range. Is it in the Orlando area and can anyone attend or is it a memebers only thing. While I am not political about my gun ownership, I do believe in being prepared with popular calibers and reliable manufacturers, for when the Zombies come.

I can't answer your question about Orlando ranges, but you got an up arrow for your zombie preparedness comment. :rofl3:

Something was mentioned about a range. Is it in the Orlando area and can anyone attend or is it a memebers only thing. While I am not political about my gun ownership, I do believe in being prepared with popular calibers and reliable manufacturers, for when the Zombies come.

The range I mentioned is actually 10 mins from my house (which is 15-20 mins from Disney). But there are others closer, I have just not been to those. The one I mentioned is an outdoor range which I prefer over an indoor range and anyone can shoot there. Very reasonable prices and you pay by the day, not by the hour like most other ranges around here. There are 2 pistol ranges with 15 shooting positions each, from 15 yards to 50 yards. There are also 24 rifel positions at 25, 50, and 100 yards. All calibers up to 50. The have a shotgun range and skeet plus an archery range as well. Shoot for 15 mins, then 5 mins of cease fire, then 15 mins of shooting.

SW .38 Airweight, CVA Kodiak .50 Muzzleloader, Remington 870 Shotgun, Marlin Express .308 (10th anniversary gift--it's silver), .40 Glock duty weapon, PSE Fireflight Compound Bow

Looking to get a single shot .22 so I can take my boy small game hunting in September.

I have a single shot .22 that my girls learned on. I just recently picked up a JA22 pistol so they can get a feel for handguns now. A .22 will allow them to work on the basics while not worring about the recoil and loud bang.

I have a single shot .22 that my girls learned on. I just recently picked up a JA22 pistol so they can get a feel for handguns now. A .22 will allow them to work on the basics while not worring about the recoil and loud bang.

Definitely. Good Call. Great minds think alike!

Love the shooting sports!! Just wish that ammo prices would come back down to earth...

I have resorted to shooting mostly .22lr with my son. We both built custom 10/22's this past year. Tack drivers! Shooting Wolf Match...and man is it accurate. I still qualify every six months with an H&K USP40CLEM...

Grew up shooting with my dad...he started me out with a 410 when I was six...and let me shoot his 12ga when I was six too...sat me on my butt real quick. He and a friend reloaded...so they had me carrying a .300 WinMag when I was 8...going deer hunting with them (of course my cartridges were only loaded for 2200 f.p.s. so as to not knock me out of the treestand). .30-.30 when I was 11... and so on. Picked up Archery hunting when I was 13. Shot on the High School Small Bore Rifle Team. Small Arms Expert in the Air Force, P38 concealed carry on C-141B. FLETC trained on the H&K. pistol. Lot's of good training over the years.

I learned a lot from my dad and granddad growing up...and have passed a love of the sport on to my two boys.

Can't wait to take my Granddaughter to the range when she's old enough. I don't push the sport on anyone...but I will go out of my way to pass down the knowledge instilled in me by my dad and granddad to others. Safety!, Etiquite!, Ethics! and Marksmanship! I feel it's important to promote each of these when handling any type of firearm.

Love the shooting sports!! Just wish that ammo prices would come back down to earth...

I have resorted to shooting mostly .22lr with my son. We both built custom 10/22's this past year. Tack drivers! Shooting Wolf Match...and man is it accurate. I still qualify every six months with an H&K USP40CLEM...

Grew up shooting with my dad...he started me out with a 410 when I was six...and let me shoot his 12ga when I was six too...sat me on my butt real quick. He and a friend reloaded...so they had me carrying a .300 WinMag when I was 8...going deer hunting with them (of course my cartridges were only loaded for 2200 f.p.s. so as to not knock me out of the treestand). .30-.30 when I was 11... and so on. Picked up Archery hunting when I was 13. Shot on the High School Small Bore Rifle Team. Small Arms Expert in the Air Force, P38 concealed carry on C-141B. FLETC trained on the H&K. pistol. Lot's of good training over the years.

I learned a lot from my dad and granddad growing up...and have passed a love of the sport on to my two boys.

Can't wait to take my Granddaughter to the range when she's old enough. I don't push the sport on anyone...but I will go out of my way to pass down the knowledge instilled in me by my dad and granddad to others. Safety!, Etiquite!, Ethics! and Marksmanship! I feel it's important to promote each of these when handling any type of firearm.

I shot expert in the AF as well. Both with 9mm baretta and the M16. I love the 9mm Baretta but they are expensive and not really made for concealed carry. I carried one when flying missions in Iraq and Afganastan so I became very comfortable with loaded weapons. I carry my taurus mostly but will carry the LC9 when space is limited.

I just recenetly took my youngest daughter to the range for the first time and let her shoot her JA22 I just bought her. She did pretty good and had a nice group at 10m. She was nervous at first, but after the second magazine, she was wanting more ammo so she could shoot more. 50 rnds wasnt enough.

Im looking to get a S&W M&P but not sure which one yet.

• 1 month later...