• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own guns and I enjoy shooting, always have. Every job I ever had involved carrying guns. I am Pro Gun. :) Paid for by the committee to elect H.

Something was mentioned about a range. Is it in the Orlando area and can anyone attend or is it a memebers only thing. While I am not political about my gun ownership, I do believe in being prepared

Love the shooting sports!! Just wish that ammo prices would come back down to earth... I have resorted to shooting mostly .22lr with my son. We both built custom 10/22's this past year. Tack driver

Funny thing, as long as I was in the service and as much as I handled firearms, I have never owned one personally. I was always concerned the kids or dog would make a noise at night and I would hurt them. I am, however, always armed. I have on several occasions talked about getting a 9mm, just never have. Maybe the time is near.

And by the way, so far no one here has really talked about a gun. In the army, that designation is reserved for the big boys, not the personal weapons.

Okay a real gun. My son and son-in-law have an AR-15 with scope and one of these.

100roundmagazine.jpg

Don't have to reload often....lol

Other than looking cool, why would you need that? If I cant hit it with 30 rounds, its just not going to get hit. Plus the added weight that thing puts on the rifle. Ill stick with the standard mag......

• 1 month later...

The range I mentioned is actually 10 mins from my house (which is 15-20 mins from Disney). But there are others closer, I have just not been to those. The one I mentioned is an outdoor range which I prefer over an indoor range and anyone can shoot there. Very reasonable prices and you pay by the day, not by the hour like most other ranges around here. There are 2 pistol ranges with 15 shooting positions each, from 15 yards to 50 yards. There are also 24 rifel positions at 25, 50, and 100 yards. All calibers up to 50. The have a shotgun range and skeet plus an archery range as well. Shoot for 15 mins, then 5 mins of cease fire, then 15 mins of shooting.

What town is this in? My parents live in Lakeland part time and the range my dad goes to (I think it's in Lakeland) sounds like a very sketchy place (my dad is not sketchy just this range :-) and I would like to offer him a safer, suggestion to go. My pops loves his guns!

Ftwildernessguy, you gave me flashbacks to boot camp at Ft. Jackson we did the little verse, "this is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for fighting, one is for fun" just one time. At that time the Drill Sergeants decided that 4 platoons of females shouting out this verse was totally ridculous and told us not to do it again! :jumpforjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Other than camping with the family my other biggest passion is duck hunting. Obviously being a duck hunter I have a shotgun to hunt with. My go to is a Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I also own a Browning Over and Under and 3 other shotguns. I have a CHL and my carry gun is a Ruger LCP .380...fits in my pocket. Have 2 Springfield XDs in .40 cal and 9mm. I own several rifles...my favorite and most fund to shoot is my AR15. I actually "won" the AR at a Ducks Unlimited event a few years ago. I say "won" because I've spent more money at those events I might as well have bought everything I've ever won.

FWC is taking over management of Teneroc shooting range. They have chosen not to renew the lease with the operators that have been there for the last 13 years. I guess they think they can do a better job

I don't know what FWC plans to do about the people that have memberships.

Maybe this is good and maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see. I've been out there a couple of times in the last two months, and the place is getting a bit rundown. Huge potholes in the driveway to the ranges, the sign-in shack is pretty dirty, and the target stands aren't in the best shape. This could be a result of the lessees finding out that they won't be there any longer.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how all this washes out.

There is also Saddle Creek Park shooting range. This is run by Polk County. Fees are $5.00 for three consecutive hours and the only days they are open are Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Kinda stupid way to run a range in my opinion. But, they didn't ask me.

Does anyone know of USPSA or IDPA matches near FW?

Since trying action pistol competition a couple of years ago, I am hooked. I'd love to get an outdoor match in while I'm in FL. Only indoor matches going on in MN right now.

I'll be at FW from 3/4-3/14.

Spinner

http://www.centralfloridasection.com/

http://www.odpursuits.com/fla_idpa/

The above links may help start the search. I am not familiar with these activities, but they seem interesting. I may have to look further into them.

• 1 month later...