Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

No 1979 thunder mount TCD

Oh- I thought that was the top of the castle. It's interesting to see how they built that mountain and compare it to how they are building the new Mine Train ride. For the Mine Train, they are building the ride first, and then covering it with a mountain. Here, it looks like the mountain came first.

TCD

For the Mine Train, they are building the ride first, and then covering it with a mountain. Here, it looks like the mountain came first.

TCD

Ah, the age old question:

Which came first? The mountain or the train.

More please, Todd.

We watched Everest from the badder boards to getting to ride it during their employee training. The coaster was built first then the rebarand concrete.

What's so funny about Everest is that they bragged during construction that it was 3 completely different infrastructures.

The coaster, the mountain, and the Yeti.

The coaster doesn't touch the mountain and vice/versa cause the vibrations of the coaster could cause cracking to the mountain.

The Yeti is also independent, because his movements could upset the coaster and the mountain.

But the dufuses didn't build the Yeti structure strong enough.

I'm glad some one is reusing my photos, lol. I took this back in July of 03'

Hey, it's Warren. Don't be such a stranger.

I think Todd needs to pay you a royalty, although "squeezing blood out of a turnip" comes to mind.

That's a great photo that Todd swiped.

Not really from the 70's/80's is it?

I agree with Lou-good to see you posing, Warren.

TCD