Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

I guess it must.

BTW, I meant to ask- what is it that they've got framed there on the bank of the moat?  I don't recall a building being in that spot.  Is that some kind of annex to the utiidors?

TCD

I think that is the dining area near the Plaza.

In this screenshot from Google Maps, the area with the umbrella tables matches the location of the structure in the picture above.

plaza.jpg

I agree, that is the one at Disneyland.

The one in California has the ramps and straight upright support columns.

The one in Florida has angular supports to accommodate the People Mover.

There are pictures of both at this site:

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Carousel_of_Progress

If you look close the picture of the one in Disneyland is the same picture you have.

Keep the pictures coming though, we all like seeing them.

Not to open a huge can of worms but many of these old photos are on imagineeringdisney. If you are not the owner its bad juju to post without a link to the source.

I may be overly sensitive, because I've had some of my ski photos show up in ads without my permission or compensation on a particular website.

I learned two things from yesterday's posts on this thread:

1.  I never knew that the COP in Disney World is the COP, which was moved from Disneyland to the MK.  I always thought the MK's was a copy.  Thanks again for that link, Gonzo, it's a very good article.

2.  I never heard the term "bad juju" before.  Thanks, Blake.

TCD

did you also know that the CoP that is in Flordia that was in Disneyland but was also the same one that was at the Worlds Fair in NY in  1964/5. It was one of the first things I took me back when I first went to MK in 1976

did you also know that the CoP that is in Flordia that was in Disneyland but was also the same one that was at the Worlds Fair in NY in  1964/5. It was one of the first things I took me back when I first went to MK in 1976

I remember hearing that the COP went to Disneyland after the World's Fair.  I assumed it stayed there, and WDW just got a copy.

Did you see the original at the World's Fair, Bob?  You couldn't have been very old if you did- do you remember it?  I would think something like that in 1964 would have amazed people.

TCD

Yes, my sources tell me that, when the Beatles first came to America, they went on Ed Sullivan, pissed him off, then went directly to the fair to ride COP.   That ride became the inspiration for their hit "Revolution".  It's not always what you think it is. 

Not to open a huge can of worms but many of these old photos are on imagineeringdisney. If you are not the owner its bad juju to post without a link to the source.

I may be overly sensitive, because I've had some of my ski photos show up in ads without my permission or compensation on a particular website.

Sorry to say it if it is not copyrighted material and you post your pics on the Web it is open to everyone

Sorry to say it if it is not copyrighted material and you post your pics on the Web it is open to everyone

Not true. A photo is still copyrighted and legally owned by the author regardless if it contains the circled c or posted online. Linking to the original falls more in line with the fair use clause.

Copyright is established at the click of the shutter, requires no paperwork, and is valid until the author decides to relinquish.