Goin' with the Flow- TCD's Disney Dream Trip Report

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheap plastic Mickey medals brings out the worst in people.

Foul, foul, foul, I'm calling for the "Mickey Cheap Plastic Medal" judge to rule on this bogus and outrages medal fraud. I say they're pity medals and should be disallowed as real cheap Mickey plastic

I may not read TRs but I sometimes look at the photos. Uh, whadya think, I'm blind? Did I notice, of course I did. But I have to ask the obvious question.

Posted Images

Thank you for doing your duty as an American.

This is very important business, indeed.

So, c'mon folks, is it:

Tidy Whities

or

Tighty Whiteys?

TCD

I think it's the latter, I got it wrong. I don't think I've ever written it out, only spoken it, so never stopped to think about the meaning! And you are correct about them not being tidy at all!!

I'm sticking with Tidy....as they SHOULD be, as they are white. Anything other than tidy and we're talking turn 4 at Talledega. Ewwwww.

I can't go with Tighty, as very rarely are they tight. If you go back and examine exhibit B, you will see there is some baggy stuff in the crack area. Since he has a leg hiked up, that is making the material more taut. I would bet standing straight up there would be plenty of room for him to carry a load, so to speak.

"And funny you should mention having to change places with your DH- I had to do that a couple of times with my DD's on the Aqua Duck line- there are definitely a lot of cultures out there who do not understand the concept of personal space."

Yes! Unfortunately many are the same cultures who don't believe in deodorant or hair removal!

Don't forget to vote, but we have to move along with the report.

We have now arrived to our fourth evening aboard the Disney Dream.

Tonight was formal night. That meant a shirt and tie for me and nice dresses for the ladies.

The show tonight was the Golden Mickeys.

They have this show on the Magic and Wonder, and we have seen it several times.

But, it's a great show, so we all went.

The girls went ahead of us, and got seats.

Guess who was maning the door to the theater?

Their new BFF, Jerry! :

IMG_4124.jpg

I took this photo quick before they told everyone to put their cameras away:

IMG_2274.jpg

I asked my DD's BFF to hold up her Catching Fire book. You may remember a previous TR where I saw a guy reading one of the Hunger Game books at Fantasmic. That is some testament to that book. BTW- I have since read all the Hunger Game books, and I understand how folks feel like they can't put these books down.

The Golden Mickeys show was great. They have updated it since we last saw it, including a scene featuring Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. The actors on these ships are amazing, and the sets, lighting and sound are first class. Do not miss the shows!

After dinner, the girls headed to Studio D for a trivia contest:

IMG_4126.jpg

Mrs. TCD and I went back to the Skyline Lounge for another drink. I am proud to report that mine was not pink. I ordered something that sounded like a Mojito, but it had a different name. It was not served in a Martini glass, and seemed to be a Mojito. And it wasn't as good as one of Maria's. I should have had a pink drink again.

Dinner tonight was back at Enchanted Garden.

Yes, we had eaten there the night before, but that apparently is how they handle the rotations on the 5 night cruises. I think everyone goes to the same restaurants on nights three and four, as night three is the pirate night menu, and then night four you get the regular menu for that restaurant. That sounds like a good plan to me, and we were fine with it.

Here's the regular Enchanted Garden dinner menu:

Appetizers

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower — with Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing

Golden and Red Beet Carpaccio — seasoned with Celtic salt and a Ginger, Garlic and Rice Wine Vinaigrette

North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli — with roasted garlic and Sweet Basil in a light tomato broth

Thyme and Garlic Brioche — Filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light buttermilk cream

Soups and Salads

Duck Consomme — with Julienne of Carrots, Napa Cabbages and Shiitake Mushrooms

Curried Carrot and Apple Soup — garnished with yogurt drizzle and carrot curls

Romaine Wedge — Fresh Crisp Romaine topped with creamy Romano Dressing and homemade spiced croutons

Baby Spinach Salad — Tender spinach tossed with Fresh sliced Seasonal pears, toasted Pine Nuts and Crumbled Gornonzola

Main Course

Caramelized Sea Scallops — with roasted Asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized leeks and Veal jus reduction

Pearl-Barley Cakes with Shallots, Leeks and rosemary — over sautéed Julienne of Carrots, root Celery and Leeks with a Light Saffron Sauce

Roasted Pork tenderloin seasoned with smoked salt — Citrus flavored Polenta Cakes and Oven roasted Carrots, Parsnips and Caramelized Granny Smith apples

The Enchanted Garden Tuna Salad — Sushi Grade seared Tuna on Organic field greens, Micro Greens, Wakame and Squid Salad, Sesame seeds and White Shoyu and Lemon Vinaigrette

Pan-seared Sea Bass — with Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a sweet Chili glaze

Glazed Portobello Mushrooms — with Brown Lentil and parsley sauce and sun-dried tomato cream drizzle

Marjoram Scented Organic Chicken — Half a Chicken served with sweet baked potatoes and Sautéed baby Spinach

Grilled NY Strip Steak — Thyme Roasted vegetables, Double-baked potato topped with handmade Herb Butter

Desserts

Sweet Temptations — a trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake and chocolate silk mousse

Steamed Lemon Buttermilk Pudding — with citrus reduction

Esterhazy Cake — Almond Meringue soaked in Maraschino Liqueur and layered pastry cream

“Sacher” Chocolate torte — with apricot sauce

Banana Foster sundae — Rum glazed bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Caramel sauce

Strawberry Cheesecake — with Whipped Cream and Fruit Coulis (no sugar added)

Silky Dark Chocolate Mousse — with Whipped Cream and Berries (no sugar added)

The twins really got brave with their food choices.

Twin #1 ordered the Ahi Tuna Tower:

IMG_4128.jpg

I guess that's a big pile of raw tuna. She ate it and liked it.

I have no idea what this is, but Twin #2 ordered it and ate it:

IMG_4129.jpg

This is the scallop entree:

IMG_4130.jpg

Ali told us to try the sea bass- but none of us did. I had the steak, and it was great. I wish one of had ordered the sea bass so we could try it. Next time.

Our server told us that we should try the Sacher torte for dessert, so we did:

IMG_4131.jpg

Apparently, Sacher is some kind of a BFD. It was good cake, but not the best I have ever eaten.

The girls tried some of the other dessert choices:

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

We got done with our dinner in less than two hours on night four. That was good because we had somewhere to go.

We were all heading up to the Evolution lounge for a scavenger hunt.

There was a family version of this, which took place in Studio D, and an adult version, which took place in the Evolution lounge.

Jerry had told the girls that he was working in the Evolution Lounge, and that we should all come there. This was a medal event!

So we all went.

The scavenger hunt was crazy.

The idea was that they only asked for things guest would have there with them in the room.

Simon was the host.

So, for example, Simon asked for the teams to produce a man wearing lip stick. Frank put some of Nancy's on, and ran up. We got points for that, and then Simon pointed out that he did not say the lipstick had to be on the man's lips-that it could have been on his hand.

The game went on and on.

One obvious problem we noticed is that our table was in the back of the room, and they were giving out points to whoever made it to the stage first. There was a very active table right next to the stage, and they were always getting there first. It ended up that they won the contest. Boo!

But all was not lost.

Next up was an 80's music contest.

Twin #1 ran into some folks there who had played the 70's music contest earlier in the cruise, and they won these:

IMG_2275.jpg

I was sure that our time had come!

Then the game started.

The would play a really short clip of the beginning of a song. And we had to write down the name of the artist and the song.

Some were easy to recognize. Like the theme from Miami Vice. But, who is the artist?

Others, we recognized, but we could not think of the name of the song or the artist.

It was hard.

And frustrating.

And fun.

They played 30 songs.

We probably had answers for less than half of them.

No way were we going to win.

Fail.

When 11 o'clock rolled around, the girls took off for the Aqua Duck.

We stayed for a little longer.

They dragged out the contest.

And eventually got around to giving the answers. There could have been some major cheating going on, as they had everyone grade their own papers. But we are Americans and we do not cheat to get medals, so still no medals for the TCD gang.

But, going to this 80's night wasn't a total loss.

You know why?

We got to see more dudes without shirts!

Who would have thought.

Here they are! :

IMG_2914.jpg

Wow.

I took this as my signal to leave.

And headed to the Aqua Duck.

Frank and Nancy, in the meantime, got their photo with Mr. Ray:

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

At dinner that night, we had reviewed our LOF's and reached an agreement that if one person in our group accomplished one of the items, then we all got credit.

That was good.

That meant that we would all be winners.

But one of us needed to win a medal.

And it hadn't happened in four days.

That left just day five.

We saw something pretty cool that night.

They were apparently rehearsing something new for the pirate night shows. Jack Sparrow kept on rappelling down from the smokestack. On pirate night, they have a pretty elaborate pirate backdrop set up on the stage. But, since his was just practice, Jack was doing his thing in front of Huey, Dewey and Louie- pretty funny:

jsparrow.jpg

The rest of the night was the same as the others. Meet up in the girls' room for some Mickey bars after midnight.

Our towel animal was a dinosaur. At least that's what I said it was- the girls werent' sure. Of course it's a dinosaur:

IMG_2278.jpg

And that was it for night four.

We could have been sad that we had already reached the fifth day of our cruise.

But we weren't at all.

Tomorrow, we will be back in paradise!

TCD

If you are from the deep south at normal conversation speed, tighty and tidy sound too similar to distinguish when said with a true south'rn draw.

Bummer on the medals but I have not lost hope.

I guess I am going to have to break down and read the hunger games. If TCD has read them... they must be decent at least.

I don't know where to begin...there is a lot to comment on in that last update.

First off...I vote tighty.

Next, I also read the Hunger Games trilogy and really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the movie, and am looking forward to the next one.

Also, the tuna appetizer looks good. I hope to try it someday. In fact, that entire menu looks fun.

Regarding the Sacher...yes, I believe they are a big deal in Austria. I know someone from Austria who cruised on the Dream last summer (3 consecutive sailings!) and she had to try the Sacher. Her comment was "it was a nice attempt". LOL!

Finally...this Mickey bar after midnight thing is AWESOME!

Carry on...

COP OUT! If one person did something on the LOF, everyone got credit?!

Is TCD getting soft? Where's your competitive edge?

More shirtless dudes?! I don't think I've ever seen so many nipples in one TR.

The ladies look very pretty all dressed up, and their BFF Jerry, ain't too shabby either.

Was Nancy drunk when she took her photo with Mr Ray?! :))

COP OUT! If one person did something on the LOF, everyone got credit?!

Is TCD getting soft? Where's your competitive edge?

More shirtless dudes?! I don't think I've ever seen so many nipples in one TR.

The ladies look very pretty all dressed up, and their BFF Jerry, ain't too shabby either.

Was Nancy drunk when she took her photo with Mr Ray?! :))

She's BACK!!! :heartsmiley: :heartsmiley:

We say both. Tighty or Tidy, depending upon how fast we are talking.

Not fair that the closer the table, the easier to get the points. We vote raising your hand is better.

Jack Sparrow, yum.

I vote tighty. Someone mentioned that they are not really tight but in comparison to boxers, they are.

I love that you are posting the menus from each night. It inspires me to make some exotic dinner for my family. On the other hand I'll probably just go with mac and cheese.