Goin' with the Flow- TCD's Disney Dream Trip Report

The Lifeboat drill was quick and painless.

They don't make you take your lifejackets to the drill any more.

That is nice.

After we heard that, we hatched a plan. We wore our swimsuits under our clothes to the drill, and then planned to head straight up to the Aqua Duck and ride it. The line had been very long since we boarded the ship.

So, we went with that plan.

When we got up top, we saw that the line stretched all the way down the staircase leading up to the entrance.

That was at least a 45 minute wait:

IMG_1910.jpg

We don't wait on lines like that.

Time to change plans.

We got our places for the sailaway party instead.

The dance floor was empty:

IMG_1912.jpg

Twin #1 got a place right up by the stage:

IMG_1913.jpg

And out came Simon.

Simon is from England.

He had quite the accent.

He was great.

We had a lot of fun with him.

You'll see.

But, this was our first time meeting him.

There is a big screen above the stage:

IMG_1915.jpg

That's Simon there on the stage beneath the screen.

One of the items on the list of fun was to get yourself projected up on the big screen.

We have been able to do that on our other cruises.

But, there were a lot more people on this cruise.

Still, I am up for any challenge.

This big dance floor you see is covering the two big pools they have up on deck 11. They open them back up right after events like the sail away party are completed:

IMG_1916.jpg

After we met Simon, he was joined by the rest of the entertainment castmembers on the stage:

IMG_1918.jpg

And some dancing took place:

IMG_1920.jpg

They started showing guests up on the screen:

IMG_1921.jpg

Hey, look who they showed up on the screen next- an old guy waving a white fedora (look at the bottom left corner of the screen):

IMG_1922.jpg

Yep. I was the first of the TCD gang to get on the big screen.

Bragging rights.

Then there was more dancing:

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

This next photo is a fail. If I had been quicker on the draw, it would show streamers flying majestically in the air. Instead, you get this:

IMG_1933.jpg

When the streamers shot off, the ship's horn sounded, and we began to move!

That is always an awesome moment.

And, we got a big surprise.

I thought the Dream would play the same tune as the Magic and Wonder- "When You Wish Upon a Star."

But, instead, it played "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."

And, that wasn't all.

The captain went on to play a bunch of different tunes.

I had not heard about this.

I loved it.

If I paid attention to the official Disney Blog, I would have known about this:

Disney Dream Ship Horn Songs

You can hear all the tunes in the video on that posting.

Simon then made his way through the crowd, and even had Twin #1 sing part of a song with him:

IMG_1936.jpg

The party was getting heated up:

IMG_1937.jpg

This lady in a shrunken bathing suit decided that she should dance next to Twin #1:

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

Wow.

It was kind of crowded there, so we decided to head up to deck 12 to watch Port Canaveral fade away.

Here are Mrs. TCD and Twin #2:

IMG_1941.jpg

There goes the terminal. We won't see that again for 5 days:

IMG_1942.jpg

There was a lot to see as we sailed out the channel into the Atlantic:

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

The horn was blasting from somwhere in the forward smoke stack:

IMG_1945.jpg

That is what you call the ship's bridge. And, there's a big bar up there too:

IMG_1946.jpg

The Dream seems to have more bars than the Magic or Wonder.

NIcely done, Disney.

We continued steaming down the channel:

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Here, near the end of the channel, there were folks who had parked their cars and got out to wave:

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon, and there were a bunch of folks enjoying the beach as we left the channel:

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

We stayed on deck just a bit longer, and then headed down to our cabins to get ready for the Villians Tonight Show which would be starting at 6:15.

Our cruise had officially begun!

TCD

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheap plastic Mickey medals brings out the worst in people.

Foul, foul, foul, I'm calling for the "Mickey Cheap Plastic Medal" judge to rule on this bogus and outrages medal fraud. I say they're pity medals and should be disallowed as real cheap Mickey plastic

I may not read TRs but I sometimes look at the photos. Uh, whadya think, I'm blind? Did I notice, of course I did. But I have to ask the obvious question.

Posted Images

Nice, Page one!

NOT!

But I am in.

Looking forward to hearing about TCD wrestling a shark and zipping through the Bermuda triangle on a Jet Ski with one hand on the wheel!

It's cool that you got the whole clan together.

As the kids get older, I really cherish the times that we are all actually altogether.

You can't get much more together than on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I'm happy for you big fella.

Welcome back.

Love the family beach photo! So sweet to see you all together.

Who'd a thunk a hot, male, fedora wearing model would be posing in front of a crappy tourist shop in Port Canaveral? Guess you were just in the right place at the right time to snap that photo.

(Looks like some nerdy, attention craving guy on your boat, also bought one of those fedoras)

Great start as always! ^-^

:yay: I made it in before I was 10 pages behind!!!

Yes. Your wife is beautiful, but then again so is the entire TCD gang. It's great seeing your whole family together. I'm sure you agree with that. :)

Looking forward to the rest.... impatiently of course.

ETA: I am very sorry the lady in the shrunken swimsuit decided to dance beside twin #1. Cruises must do strange things to people. ;D

Great update. the fedora is awesome and you have my compliments for not only pulling it off but continuing to wear it to embarrass your daughters! I cant wait to do things just to embarrass my kids when they are teenagers otherwise it would be much less fun having teenagers. Looking forward to more!

Great start TCD. I must tell you that the last and only time my family has been on a Dis-cruise was the Magic in the summer of 1998, just after its maiden launch. Mrs. BassMaster was pregnant with my son, so we can actually say that the entire family was on that cruise. Unfortunately, that it was one of our least favorite cruises ever, but we all know that they have worked out the bugs, bigtime. Of course, they've had 13 years to make it MAGICal. Thanks so much for sharing. BTW - the smiles on TCD family faces tell it all. They would make the Cheshire Cat jealous. Bravo, dad.

Ok, I haven't gotten to page two yet, but I wanted to weigh in...your family picture on the beach is beautiful.

And obviously, Twin #1 is a genius!! A TCD List of Fun!? Where do I get one?? I'd like to place my order! :jumpforjoy

Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing as always!!

Andrew, You have one Beautiful All American :usa: looking Family there my Fellow Fort Fiend..

I knew going in this would be an outstandingly Awesome TR, and it is in picture and detail.

Thanks for letting us Sail Along. :)

My favorite part of this TR so far:

"In case you didn't notice, Mrs. TCD is a stone cold fox."

Love that you think that still about your wife and love that you reached so far back into our youthful days for that expression!

Love the List as well and looking forward to y'all completing the fun activities!