My Disney Experience App now available for Android, iPhone and iPad

Disney Parks will be releasing a beta version of their My Disney Experience mobile app in early August.

This free mobile application is designed to help Guests make the most of their vacation experience at Walt Disney World Resort.

Features will include:

• state-of-the-art maps with GPS and in-park navigation for an accurate representation of the Walt Disney World theme parks, resorts and other points of interest on-property
  • park hours, wait times, dining and attraction information, a digital tip board and nearby attractions and services

Some features of the app will require the user to create an account and sign in to activate it.

The app will be available initially for iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones. Apps for Android tablets, Blackberry and Windows devices should be available this fall.

Enhancements and updates to the My Disney Experience app will be made in coming months.

I wonder if this is replacing their Disney Parks app. It has most of the stuff listed above; but, wait times are listed as See Now, Moderate, High Demand. Wait time in minutes like on the Undercover Tourist app would be better. The current Disney app has a Make a (dining) Reservation option. Has anyone ever tried it?

4. Map seems to be really good.

5. Wish it retrieved your ADR's (maybe that is a you have to be at WDW) since it logs into your disney.com account.

6. There are several ways to browse dining. You can "Explore Dining" or Click on the Dining Option (this allows you to put in dates and search for dining).

I have it also.

There are also character meet n greet times and times for shows/acts such as the Dapper Dans and the Move It, Shake It Street Party.

If you scroll down below the meet n greet times and special events/acts times....you can view current attraction wait times listed in number of minutes.

You can get to all of that by clicking on "more" at the bottom rt corner , choose park hours on the next page, and then choosing a theme park on the next page.

Breaking news, in the parks now, the latest in park maps and entertainment schedules.

Disney is calling it "park maps and entertainment schedules". Their marketing people are amazing to come up with that name.

They're available FREE, yup free, to anyone entering the parks that hasn't gone brain dead from using their smart phone. That rules out most of you.

This innovation appears on a material called, PAPER, that is only .003 of an inch thick. This paper stuff comes with a feature that allows you to fold it. If you're able accomplish this amazing feat, it will easily fit in your pocket and you hardly know it's there.

If you drop it, not to worry, it's shock proof. If you lose it, you can replace it free of charge.

CMs are conducting map folding sessions throughout the parks should this be too much of a challenge, which, again, I know it will be for most of you.

Breaking news, in the parks now, the latest in park maps and entertainment schedules. But I am not in the parks right now.

Disney is calling it "park maps and entertainment schedules". Their marketing people are amazing to come up with that name. But I am not in the parks right now.

They're available FREE, yup free, to anyone entering the parks that hasn't gone brain dead from using their smart phone. That rules out most of you. But I am not in the parks right now.

This innovation appears on a material called, PAPER, that is only .003 of an inch thick. This paper stuff comes with a feature that allows you to fold it. If you're able accomplish this amazing feat, it will easily fit in your pocket and you hardly know it's there. Can I turn into a paper decision maker?

If you drop it, not to worry, it's shock proof. If you lose it, you can replace it free of charge. Imagine that, but neither option is water proof.....and your paper doesn't give me wait time from across the park.

CMs are conducting map folding sessions throughout the parks should this be too much of a challenge, which, again, I know it will be for most of youCan they turn it into a decision maker?

I will get a park map too. I always do since I don't like standing in the middle of the path trying to figure out on a tiny screen where something is BUT if I want to know what the wait time for BTRR and I'm at the Tea Cups.....

Does the paper give fast pass return times?

See those two things below your waste, no not those, your feet, use them to walk to the nearest attraction info board. Which you're probably standing right next to and don't know it.

BUT if I want to know what the wait time for BTRR and I'm at the Tea Cups.....

What, you don't have spreadsheets on your tablet that automatically update, I'm shocked.