CSR info and updates

Coronado Springs just celebrated its 15th anniversary. They opened August 1, 1997.

Marina Update:

La Marina now offers paddle-boarding and wakeboard/tubing behind a jet ski. Reservations for now through January 1, 2013 can be made at [email protected] or by phone at 407-939-1653. Hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. through Labor Day, then 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. through New Year's. This looks like fun!

Door locks will undergo replacement:

CSR is getting the new keyless entry locks (RFID) beginning next week, August 13 – September 12, 2012.

The Maya Grill has a new menu that started in late July. It looks very tasty!

http://coronado.forumotion.com/t1603-maya-grill-dinner-new-menu-6-27-12

I also have worked convention staffing at Coronado for a non-Disney convention staffing company and although the attendees liked the actual accommodations and convention side of things, the one big negative was how spread out it is.

Over the ten years of doing it, I've learned that in a perfect world, attendees like to be as close as possible to the convention center and that's certainly not the case at CSR.

I've had convention planners tell me that they would not return after receiving complaints from attendees regarding how far the rooms were from the convention hall.

I've also heard attendees grumble about it on the bus.

If their room is near bus stop #2, they'll usually have to take the bus to the front and they're not happy campers when they have to do that because they could be waiting for up to 20 minutes for the bus and then have to stop at bus stop #3, #4, and finally #1.Then they have to walk over to the convention hall from there.

Worst case time could be up to 35 minutes. Not good for rooms located in the resort that the convention hall is located in.

Photos of folks trying it out at CSR.

http://sammyduvall.c...dle-boarding-2/

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFtSXU6mCa4&

I agree Lou, many convention guests are used to having all there activities in one building. I guests actually complained about being to far from the fitness center. Is that what you going there to do so why complain about the walk. But CSR also has many conventions that repeat each and every year so its just a matter of taste I guess.

We've always gotten rooms close to the pepper market & convention area but I liked that there was always a cm with a GC when we were there willing to take people who were further away to save walking. I haven't seen that at any other wdw resorts, then again, none of the other resorts likely need it as much either.

Another plus IMO is that CSR's pool is larger/nicer than BWI's deluxe level clown vomit pool - especially for the younger set - and usually much less crowded too.

Stayed at CSR for a week in 2008 before I started camping and loved the theming of Coronado Springs. It is a large resort but beautiful and not themed so much toward the cartoonish style for kids.

After having stayed at the values on several trips, this was a nice step up for us!

Dawn

Just came across this on AllEars...

AUGUST 2012 DOUBLE Discount for AllEars® Readers

ONLY at Coronado Springs!

30% off during August 2012 at Coronado Springs Resort Location Only !

Bring our 15% coupon and ask for the AllEars Double Special!

15% off Coupon Valid Through 2012

Print out the Special AllEars Discount Coupon and bring it with you to Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre for your Discount.

Sammy Duvall's Watersports Testing New Operation

at Coronado Springs Resort

"La Marina" offers paddle-boarding and wakeboard/tubing behind a jet ski. Reservations for now through January 1, 2013 can be made at [email protected] or by phone at 407-939-1653.

Hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. through Labor Day, then 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. through New Year's. Sammy Duvall's Watersports Center is doubling its discount to 30 percent off for AllEars.Net readers at its Coronado Springs Resort operation only for the month of August. Paddle-boarding and wake-boarding/tubing behind a jet ski are offered at this location. To take advantage of this offer, present the AllEars.Net coupon: http://allears.net/btp/SammyDuvallAECoupon.htm

http://allears.net/btp/parasail.htm

• 1 month later...

Opening January 2013!

Coconino Cove – the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort – will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.

Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:

Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions

Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing

Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting

Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests

Food & beverage offerings throughout the day

Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week

http://www.disneymeetings.com/disneyworld/coronado-springs/amenities/

Opening January 2013!

Coconino Cove – the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort – will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.

Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:

Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions

Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing

Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting

Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests

Food & beverage offerings throughout the day

Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week

Thanks for the info Buzz2001! Just a reminder to please post the source link for any info that's copy/pasted from elsewhere. We need to be sure we give credit where necessary and more importantly, we don't want to tick off any of our fellow Disney fan sites. :)