My Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Kitten Adventure.

Oh no, what did we do? It's hard being an animal lover sometimes.
It's a long story, involving a neighborhood stray cat wondering the neighborhood with a kitten, a neighbor finding another one from the same litter and the mom cat not taking care of them.
We had to step in before it was too late.
Anyway we have two 4 week old kittens.
The dark one is drinking a kitten formula on her own and is very active.
The gold one is a different story. He's not active at all and we have to feed him. We're very concerned for him.
We can't keep them as my wife is allergic to cats. So now what?
We need to find homes for them or bring them to a animal rescue facility at some point.
If any one is interested or knows someone that is and lives within 4 hours of Kissimmee, let me know. I'll meet them half way.

Kittens.jpg

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad my little fighter has adapted to traveling. The house seems a little boring without the sound of his little paws running, actual galloping, from one end to the other. While the first few days we

If rep points were dollars, that might be a motivator, but they're not and useless otherwise. The up arrow crew has me over 1600, so up arrows I don't need.

Buddy It wasn't tough at all. No big deal. After all, I'm a cold, rough, tough, non-feeling man with tons of street cred.

awwww. what sweet babies. Try CARE - they're a fantastic group and have saved the lives of many cats - including the Loews ferals. I'm sure they'd know someone who could lend a hand or foster them...

https://www.facebook...132410926780424

Awwww, they're adorable! So good of you to take them in. I don't do cats (I'm allergic to them), but I'm part of several dog rescue groups on facebook, and animals that come up on there seem to be adopted pretty quickly....maybe you can link up with a cat rescue on facebook and put the word out that way?

Try CARE - they're a fantastic group and have saved the lives of many cats

Thanks Pam. I checked out their web site. There is along waiting period for appointments so it may not work out short term, but might be a long term solution.

but I'm part of several dog rescue groups on facebook, and animals that come up on there seem to be adopted pretty quickly....maybe you can link up with a cat rescue on facebook and put the word out that way?

Thanks Sommer.

Aw Lou. If I was closer I would take them both for you. I know how bad allergies can be. Give your wife a hug from me.

i appreciate the offer.

It's a little hard on Gail, but she's as big an animal lover as I am and put's up with it.

ETA - shared this on my FB page. I'll let you know if anyone responds.

Thanks Mo. You never know who might see it

and I hope the little orange guy starts improving soon!

He's still is not eating on his own, but he is drinking the formula from a bottle and is a little more active.

The poor little guy has gone through a lot in his short life. After a closer inspection, I noticed that a small chunk of his ear was missing and the end of his tail is mangled, so something got to him before we rescued him.

poor little guy. He's had a rough go of it, so glad you took him in temporarily. The really great thing is that by bringing them in and socializing them before they get any older, you & Gail have also given them the opportunity to grow up to be pets instead of ferals always on the hunt for food.

I'm sure in a pinch Melvin could probably babysit, but just in case he's busy getting his spa treatment or something, perhaps somebody at OCAS might be able to point you in the direction of additional resources. From what I'm told they have a foster parent orientation coming up this month so it sounds as though they maintain an active roster of volunteers willing to foster. The name listed as coordinator for the foster program is Debi Villella (407-254-9159).

Lou, I do have to give you props for one thing....taking in tiny little kittens without any disregard for what this is going to do for your street cred. Then again, most women will melt over a man caring for a little kitten. So I'm starting to think this is all part of your nefarious plan to gather more and more up arrows.

Lou, I do have to give you props for one thing....taking in tiny little kittens without any disregard for what this is going to do for your street cred. Then again, most women will melt over a man caring for a little kitten. So I'm starting to think this is all part of your nefarious plan to gather more and more up arrows.

you mean Lou is adding to his crew? I'm shocked.

He's still is not eating on his own, but he is drinking the formula from a bottle and is a little more active.

The poor little guy has gone through a lot in his short life. After a closer inspection, I noticed that a small chunk of his ear was missing and the end of his tail is mangled, so something got to him before we rescued him.

Glad he seems to be responding. Sounds like you got to the poor little guy just in time.

So I'm starting to think this is all part of your nefarious plan to gather more and more up arrows.

If rep points were dollars, that might be a motivator, but they're not and useless otherwise.

The up arrow crew has me over 1600, so up arrows I don't need.

Update:

We took the yellow one that has some health issues to the vet today and it was a mixed diagnosis, but not too bad.

His vitals are normal. He has a digestive issue and probably a cold which accounts for his difficulty breathing.

We have medicine for the digestive condition and he'll have to work through the cold.

So well have to just do the best we can and nurse him back to health. Along with hoping for the best.

The female is a perfectly normal kitten. Eats very well and is very playful.

It's amazing, because she was kept in cage in a very hot garage for a couple of weeks by some idiot neighbors.

I'm glad I took her off their hands.

And the good news is that we have found a home for her. We no longer have her.

I hated to see her go. She had a really cute personality.

I'm glad to hear one kitty has a new home and the other will be on the mend soon. My son just got a rescue kitten. Poor little thing had an eye infection and an infection where they sutured her from being spayed. She did a week of antibiotics and double her sized. The vet told us that the biggest problem she had was the rescue people had her spayed too young.

We have decided her biggest problem is she thinks she is a dog. But what can you expect she came into a house with 4 chihuahuas, it was act like a dog or find a good hiding place. :rofl2:

Wow, one adopted into a home already. Great news Lou! Kittens are terrific. My only problem is that they grow up to be cats. Too many of those and they'll start calling you a crazy cat lady, or in your case, maybe the crazy cat busman... :rofl2:

Glad to hear it's only a cold and some tummy issues with the little boy. Hopefully they're developmental and will disipate as he grows. I suspected an upper respiratory infection b/c they're so prevalent in stray/feral kittens & cats. Starla's brought home quite a few kittens with URIs to foster. One so bad the swelling caused her to lose one eye and left scar tissue on the other that limits most vision in that one. She grew up to be a happy healthy house cat despite her vision problem and is very loving.