My Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Kitten Adventure.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad my little fighter has adapted to traveling. The house seems a little boring without the sound of his little paws running, actual galloping, from one end to the other. While the first few days we

If rep points were dollars, that might be a motivator, but they're not and useless otherwise. The up arrow crew has me over 1600, so up arrows I don't need.

Buddy It wasn't tough at all. No big deal. After all, I'm a cold, rough, tough, non-feeling man with tons of street cred.

Nice pool Lou! I hope our Louie will like his new home and feline siblings.

I'm betting he'll love it. Thanks so much for taking him in, Cindy.

And thanks again Lou and Gail for giving the little guy a chance to have a full, happy life with a family to adore him. :heart:

The next chapter begins.

I finally caught the two kittens mom and here she is very comfortably in our shower. It makes a great holding pen.

She has every thing she needs.

She is going to be spayed tomorrow morning so that she doesn't have anymore litters, three that we know of, is enough. I can't rescue any more kittens. It's tough to give them up.

LilMama.jpg

The next chapter begins.

I finally caught the two kittens mom and here she is very comfortably in our shower. It makes a great holding pen.

She has every thing she needs.

She is going to be spayed tomorrow morning so that she doesn't have anymore litters, three that we know of, is enough. I can't rescue any more kittens. It's tough to give them up.

LilMama.jpg

Lou,

I just have one thing to say. I may not have had a chance to meet you yet but I think you are one of the sweetest, kindest, most specialest people on this earth. Oh, and one of the snarkiest! :bighug:

Wow Lou you are very special to do this for a stray animal. Most people would look the other way.

Lil Mama's been at our front door every morning for about three years and we've fed her every morning.

She's part of our morning routine. If we go away, we have the neighbors come over and do it.

She's more than a stray to us. If my wife wasn't allergic, she would have been a house cat a long time ago.

She's manged to survive the heat and the cold and have litters to boot. She's made us smile many times, so we're just returning the favor.

That is awesome. We've had a neighborhood cat for a few years but she never had babies. Then we noticed she was getting really fat and found that all the neighbors were feeding her. Our next door neighbor finally took her in. My hubby, son and granddaughter are all allergic to cats, plus we have 2 dogs who spend all there time barking at her.

Lil Mama's been at our front door every morning for about three years and we've fed her every morning.

She's part of our morning routine. If we go away, we have the neighbors come over and do it.

She's more than a stray to us. If my wife wasn't allergic, she would have been a house cat a long time ago.

She's manged to survive the heat and the cold and have litters to boot. She's made us smile many times, so we're just returning the favor.

Atta Boy!! Mr. Snarky strikes again.

:heartsmiley: :heartsmiley: :heartsmiley:

Isn't that a common law marriage or pet ownership contract by now? Three years is a long time to be just a stray to you now. I think you should make it official and give her a name and a collar. Make an honest girl out of that cat.

I think it is great that you are going to see to her health by getting her spayed. Will she be getting a rabies shot too while she in the clinic?

Isn't that a common law marriage or pet ownership contract by now? Three years is a long time to be just a stray to you now. I think you should make it official and give her a name and a collar. Make an honest girl out of that cat.

I think it is great that you are going to see to her health by getting her spayed. Will she be getting a rabies shot too while she in the clinic?

You're right Annie, she's more than a stray to us and she does have a name, Lil Mama, for obvious reasons.

We can't have cats in the house for prolonged periods of time, and maybe after this ordeal of spending a few days with us she'll make the screened in pool area a home of sorts.

It would work out better for everyone. It would get her to come around the back instead of at the front entrance and as we feed her everyday anyways, it's not like we'd doing anything different.

For her safety, we would prefer that she not roam the neighborhood.

Yes, she will be getting any necessary vaccinations.

Just wanted to post a quick update.

Lil Lou is doing great! He's eating regular kitten food now and scampering all over the place! He's really interested in our other 2 cats, who are still playing shy... Hopefully we can introduce them this weekend.

Here's a nice photo of Lou w/ my girls. and of Lil Lou riding in the truck on Casey's lap. Lil Lou was a great traveler!

LouGirlsAug31.jpg

LouCaseylapAug31.jpg

He's making himself at home and we love him more everyday!

Picked up Lil Mama from her surgery. She seems fine.

Got a little surprise though, they discovered she was pregnant.....again.

You'll notice I said, was, her kitten producing days are a thing of the past.

Not to ask the obvious question...but what do they do in that situation? Terminate the pregnancy and then perform the surgery all in one procedure? Kinda sad, although those kittens wouldn't have had a good outcome anyways unless you intervened again.

On another note, you should give that cat a Russian name. She reminds me of Anna's biological mother. Anna was her 9th pregnancy. How about Katia?