My Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Kitten Adventure.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad my little fighter has adapted to traveling. The house seems a little boring without the sound of his little paws running, actual galloping, from one end to the other. While the first few days we

If rep points were dollars, that might be a motivator, but they're not and useless otherwise. The up arrow crew has me over 1600, so up arrows I don't need.

Buddy It wasn't tough at all. No big deal. After all, I'm a cold, rough, tough, non-feeling man with tons of street cred.

A bunch of fiends were sitting around a couple weeks ago, and I ask about Lil Lou.  Big Lou told us about your loss: you could tell Mr. "Hardnose" felt you pain.

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd post a happy update.

Backtracking a little bit. If you've been reading this thread, you'll recall Lil Lou's mom was a stray that lives in our neighborhood. She showed up at our front door 4 or 5 years ago and we have been taking care of her since then.

After having several litters, Lil Lou being one of her kittens, I captured her and had her fixed about 2 years ago.

She continues to show up like clockwork at our front door as soon as we're up, waiting for her breakfast. That little face looking in through the window in the door makes us smile. She let's us pat her before giving her, her food. She eats, and then she's off for another day in paradise. She doesn't go far, maybe a couple of houses in either direction. She returns to our house throughout the day to eat until about 9pm when I take her food in.

The photo below is her, which I took just a few minutes ago. She seems to be doing well and has a great life. She's well fed, has her freedom, and if anything should happen, we would capture her and take her to the Vet.

I would take her in, but she has no desire to be a house cat. Even after all these years, she only lets us get so close.

Not a big deal, but still, a nice story.

LilMama_zpsa9775a7c.jpg

• 1 month later...

So nice to see that Mama cat is doing so well.  Our family still misses Lil Lou.  The house just isnt' the same without him. :( 

We still have our two other cats, Jack and Misty.  I must say Jack seems to have found a neighborhood black kitty friend, which is good as he was so depressed after Lou was gone (he pulled all the fur off his belly---he and Louie were best buds).  And Misty is sleeping in peace now that the boys don't bother her anymore. 

We are still thinking of getting another kitten, but just are not over the loss of lil Louie.  

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.   The Fort Fiends is an amazing group!

Cindy

We are still thinking of getting another kitten, but just are not over the loss of lil Louie.  

Well you could always schedule an impromptu trip to WDW. As it turns out we have anther little furry house guest.

I worked late last night and was sleeping later than I usually do, when Gail woke me up holding a little kitten.

She was on her morning walk this morning and found a kitten wondering around with no obvious home.

Here we go again.

Since one of my neighbors and I had all the female cats fixed that were in our area, there have been no kittens, so it's not from any of those.

But it is a very large residential area, so who knows.

It appears to be one a month old female.

It seems to be in good health and is eating and drinking normally. I'm glad I kept the litter box and litter.

So the kitty guest room, aka, one of our bathrooms, is occupied until I find her a home. If not, I'll get her fixed and give Mama Cat, a friend. I think by the looks of her, somewhere down the line she is related to her and possibly even Lil Lou.

ohh She's beautiful!!!!   I want her!  
I wish we could!   Unfortunately, It will be a long time before we get to go back to WDW.

But I'll show Ken her photo tonight. :) hee hee hee.      Sigh.. wishful thinking.   I hope she finds a wonderful home.

Cindy