My Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Kitten Adventure.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad my little fighter has adapted to traveling. The house seems a little boring without the sound of his little paws running, actual galloping, from one end to the other. While the first few days we

If rep points were dollars, that might be a motivator, but they're not and useless otherwise. The up arrow crew has me over 1600, so up arrows I don't need.

Buddy It wasn't tough at all. No big deal. After all, I'm a cold, rough, tough, non-feeling man with tons of street cred.

Not just cats. Gail has brought home, homeless kids, homeless adults, cats, dogs, and we've saved numerous turtles, opossum, armadillos, you name it. If it can be saved, we do it.

I have suddenly become homeless can I move in?

• 5 weeks later...

The tiny 1.2 lb kitten that was stuck in the wheel well of a neighbors car and then taken to the shelter for adoption. But because they had so many, would be put down immediately and so was brought home, has turned into quite the beauty. Look at that face.

Luna is almost full grown. What a character she is. She thinks she's a dog and acts like one of our Silky terriers.

luna_zps552cd7b3.jpg

I didn't want to have to, but what could we do.

We recently took in a fifth cat. We really didn't want to but he seemed to choose us and I've been feeding him for close to a year, he started coming inside and then I took him to get fixed with the idea that he would go back outside. Well there were some issues with the neutering and he has to be inside for at least 3-4 weeks, so he is ours. He slept in our bed last night, curled up to my husband, so he is ours, I couldn't turn him away now. 

Lou, you are a wonderful human being. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this and thought of this thread: http://alleycatadvocates.org/resources/creating-winter-shelters/

It is directions on how to make an inexpensive, insulated shelter for your neighborhood cat.

10609528_10152345302526345_6866083797112

Thanks for posting that idea Marty.

I made two similar shelters last winter and Mama Cat never used it and none of the other strays used it, even when it got cold.

I was told afterwards that stray cats, in particular, will not get into a space where they think they might get trapped. Having just the one opening with no other way out is a problem for them.

I would put a hole through each side. It won't be as warm or dry but they may feel safe and use it.

When I was told that, winter had passed and I never tried out the multiple holes idea.

I have an outdoor pet Igloo for Luna. I cut a large hole in the roof and she does use it.

Luna gets her real home.

My SIL, who is animal lover, just visited us for a couple of weeks. I knew that when they met, Luna would steal her heart, and she did.

In a few weeks Gail will head to Maine to spend Thanksgiving with her family and so will Luna.

I'll get to enjoy her for another month, and then I will miss her.

If you've read how I ended up with her, you know that we've gone through a lot together, but it was my intention all along to find her a home.

Although she's had a great home here, she'll have an even better home in Maine. She'll be the center of attention as she'll be the only pet.

I have no doubt that my SIL will treat Luna like the princess she is.

Luna gets her real home.

My SIL, who is animal lover, just visited us for a couple of weeks. I knew that when they met, Luna would steal her heart, and she did.

In a few weeks Gail will head to Maine to spend Thanksgiving with her family and so will Luna.

I'll get to enjoy her for another month, and then I will miss her.

If you've read how I ended up with her, you know that we've gone through a lot together, but it was my intention all along to find her a home.

Although she's had a great home here, but she'll have an even better home in Maine. She'll be the center of attention as she'll be the only pet.

I have no doubt that my SIL will treat Luna like the princess she is.

:dance:  :dance:  :banana:  :banana:

AW Lou, I know you will miss little Luna, but so happy for her to be going to her forever home.  It seemed she and the other 4-footers in your domain got along well.

I hope we see pics of her first experience with snow!

That should be very interesting.

A couple of weeks ago she walked on grass for the first time since I captured her. She was only about two weeks old then. She didn't know what to do. Her entire world since then has been in the house or the pool enclosure.