Well we are freaking out! please read

I know this isn't the GC thread, but I need some suggestions please. Kenny is booked!  :) We are going to the fort from April 29th to may 14th. I just counted on getting a cart from kenny. Now I don't know what to do. He already has 4 people on his waiting list. This is our first trip to the fort. We were just counting on looping. Now I want to cry. Do you think our trip will be ruined if we don't get a cart? We requested the 300 loop so can we walk to the pools and campfire? Just calm me down please. You know how it is when your set on something and it doesn't work out. I am really sad about this. Do you fiends think maybe I am making a bigger deal than I need to. Tell me we will still have an awesome time without a golf cart.

What do you guys think about bikes? All the kids have one and we could pick up two for us without spending to much. Now I'm not in the greatest shape, but Florida is flat right? Do you think it's safe enough if we stay together. We weren't going to let the kids bring the bikes but now...

If i was a mean evil person.. wait, i am  :) then i would say all hope of a good trip is lost!

But the truth is we went with no cart and had an awesome time! The bus will take you where you need to go. And as for looping,  walking or bikes work fine.

P.S. if your not in best of shape try riding bike before you go. DW had problem with her knee and forgot to bring her brace.

We were just there for a short trip in January. We stayed in a cabin and were in the 2600 loop towards the back, it was fine without a golf cart. We did think it would have made transportation times shorter if we had a gc, but we rode the internal bus everywhere we needed to go. Maybe you could rent one from disney for a couple days if you are just gonna hang around the fort?

I agree with Total Joker, We have only rented a cart ( Disney) for one day on one camping trip.

We always bring our bikes. We have ridden over WL and the golf course. I always felt safe and it isn't strenuous.

We always kept the kids between us. My husband in the lead and me bringing up the rear.

You will have an awesome time no matter what mode of transportation you decide on.

doodlebug

You definitely dont need a cart.  We only started renting a cart around 3 visits ago, simply because it is easier for us with our children to get around.  Before that time we walked, or took a bus when we all went somewhere, and it was fine.

You will have an awesome time regardless, and I know it is more expensive, but you could still rent through the Fort is you really want to get a cart.

Have a great trip!

Calm Down. Take a deep breath. Percodan or prozac, your choice. Now say this with me - BY SICKLE.  Now put the two words together. Bicycle, Bicycle, Bicycle. Slowly at first, then a bit faster. Do this ten times and then take 5 slooooow deep breaths. Feel better now? I know I do.

Darn, quick replies don't have all the neat smilies. Here's mine - :) :) :)

If you really want one you could rent from the Fort, at a higher price of course. I don't know if they take reservations....

Don't they also rent those Surry bikes that seat 4 or 6? That might be a compromise between bicycles and a golf cart.

:) :) :) :rofl2: :rofl2:

I think if you have bikes, you have nothing to worry about.  :) Even when we stay the WL, we rent bikes and ride through FW. I really enjoy doing that.

I'd take the bikes, and if you want...rent a cart from Disney for a day or so just for the experience.

I read this somewhere else, but did you try here.

Steve Senesi at Golf and Electric Vehicles (407-947-2013). He does not require a deposit when you make you reservation, but he does not take credit cards. You must pay with cash or check. He drives the cart to your cabin/site and picks it up the same way.

Best Regards,

Norm

If you can't get a cart from Kenny or from someone who's price is comparable to Kenny's, don't panic. The dates that you're coming, you should experience beautiful weather, and there is nothing more pleasurable than riding bikes around the Fort and on the exercise trail that leads to the Wilderness Lodge.

My DH & I will kill a Friday or Sunday afternoon simply riding bikes around the Fort.  It's the best bike riding place, evah!!

We have never rented a cart always say we will but we don't, belive it or not we love walking even with all the walking you do @ the parks we always walk. Maybe next time we will take the bikes.

We never rent a golf cart (well, with the exception of when my brother was 18 and rented one for a brief period).  Growing up, we didn't bring bikes, either.  We walked or rode the bus.

Our past couple of trips, we've brought bikes.  You'll be just fine without a cart.  :rofl2:

I saw you ask earlier if you can reserve the carts at FW?  Yes you can.  I just reserved ours for Halloween and the following week.  I may change it to 2 carts for the first 2 days and then switch over to the bus.  I have not called Kenny yet, I wanted to make sure we had at least 1 cart reserved for Halloween night. 

We do not check in until Oct 31 but we planned to check in very early and come back later for our site assignment.  We want to go to AK that day and then come back and set up our site before we head out for Trick or treat.

To reserve at the Fort, more expensive yes, you do need a CC.  They do not charge it until you pick it up.  If you decide not to rent from them they want 24 to 48 hours notice.  If you decide to turn it in before your reservation is over there is no penalty. 

Guest starbuc71

It was mentioned in the past, but if you don't have bikes to bring, look at the prices Disney charges for bike rental.  For your length of time, it may be cheaper to hit the local Wal-mart near the fort and buy some $50 dollar bikes and either take them home with you or pay them forward to someone else.  NYC had a great concept years ago.  A group of people got a hold of a couple dozen used bikes, painted them all green including the tires and they were for anyone to use.  If you saw one leaning against a pole or something you could just use it to get where you wanted to go and then someone could grab it and do the same.  Neat idea.