There are are some behind the scenes water areas that are restricted. Safe boating policies apply along with common sense. Stay clear of other watercraft. On April 22, 2010, a Sea Raycer collided with a ferryboat. The Orange County Sheriff's report states that the Sea Raycer crossed into the ferry's right-of-way.

Must be at least 12 years old and at least 5 feet tall to drive.

Maximum combined weight of 320 lbs

All drivers 12 to 17 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign a release.

All drivers 18 years of age or older must provide valid ID with birth date.

In order to rent watercraft, guests must be 18 years of age and present a Walt Disney World Resort ID or valid driver's license.

Retail Per 30 Minutes $34.08

Retail Per 45 Minutes $42.60

Retail Per 60 Minutes $47.93

The sea racers are really a lot of fun. I take my son on the & we go all the way to the GF. When we went out the last time it was very windy & the water was ruff. We were heading back toward FW and hit a wave from the big ferry. I slowed to almost a stop right before it hit us. But the waves from the wake were so big that two came right over the bow of the boat. We were completely soaked & my son thought it was wonderful. It was a total freak thing but it sucked just the same. They are really fun though.

• 4 months later...

the boats are alot of fun. my 15 yr old and 6 year old love them. we rented them memorial day and went pretty much everywhere. all the way to the gf and poly. and the front gate of mk. We didnt go inside the dockage area but right up to the wall

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

The last post about these looks to be about 4 years old.  Does anyone have any recent experiance with them?  My son is really excited about riding them around next time we are down there. I guess the big question is are they worth the price, and are there any recommendations about the length of time to rent one?   

the ones at the Contemporary are a little zippier, but you have to be 16 to drive them there. Bring picture ID!!

Are the ones at the contemporary still the sea raycer type boats?  I've heard they have jet skis over there but I don't think the little one, (or the little ones mother more likely) is ready for those. 

Are the ones at the contemporary still the sea raycer type boats?  I've heard they have jet skis over there but I don't think the little one, (or the little ones mother more likely) is ready for those. 

Yes, they have sea raycers, AND jet skis, AND parasailing, etc., etc.

• 2 weeks later...