Let's Cruise...

i am going through the online check-in for our cruise. are you not allowed to arrive before you terminal time?

The official word is no.

But DCL seldom follows the offical word.

We had the earliest arrival time available for our most recent cruise, yet there was a mob of folks there before us.

We had a bit of waiting to do in the terminal.

Our friends who cruised with us had a later arrival time (I think it was around noon), and they had no lines.

We ended up at the lunch buffet within minutes of each other.

So, if you get a later arrival time, I would suggest you stick with it.

But, if you can't wait, I think you would be fine showing up early. I did not see anyone getting turned away for being early on our cruise, and a lot of those people had to be early.

TCD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you insane? Why would you rent a paddleboat? Have you ever paddled a paddleboat? It is not something a sane person would pay money to do. Especially not at Castaway Cay. They have a little roped o

I am assuming that to really relax and have fun that there needs to be no planning of on board activities

I probably am not the one to ask about that. For me on a cruise, "really relax" and "have fun" are not synonymous. We definitely do some planning of on board activites. On DCL, and other lines too, you get a daily schedule of activities, which is usually delivered to your cabin the night before. We always looked at that and made plans for the next day. For DCL, there are many places where you can find copies of the daily guides on line (google DCL Navigators). These tend to follow the same pattern for each cruise. So, you can do some pre-planning if you must.

TCD

I probably am not the one to ask about that. For me on a cruise, "really relax" and "have fun" are not synonymous. We definitely do some planning of on board activites. On DCL, and other lines too, you get a daily schedule of activities, which is usually delivered to your cabin the night before. We always looked at that and made plans for the next day. For DCL, there are many places where you can find copies of the daily guides on line (google DCL Navigators). These tend to follow the same pattern for each cruise. So, you can do some pre-planning if you must.

TCD

I was thinking about just using the navigator every day to decide my activities. Don't wanna do too much except maybe a LOF

I was thinking about just using the navigator every day to decide my activities. Don't wanna do too much except maybe a LOF

A little pre-planning would be good. For example, if your kids want to meet princesses, there is a big princess event which takes place on one specific day at specific times. If you didn't know about that ahead of time, you might be planning to do something else at that time, and create a conflict. One thing is for sure, you will not lack things to do.

TCD

I make a lot of use of my verandah. Especially on a huge aft verandah on RCCL. I've been known to spend the night there. Nothing like sleeping under the stars!

I have an aft balcony booked for my Alaska trip next year on RCCL. Everone says they are gerat, so I'm looking forward to it.

A little pre-planning would be good. For example, if your kids want to meet princesses, there is a big princess event which takes place on one specific day at specific times. If you didn't know about that ahead of time, you might be planning to do something else at that time, and create a conflict. One thing is for sure, you will not lack things to do.

TCD

we have a rule about character meets. If we come upon them and the line is short then ok but if we don't going looking for them or the line is long no way

we have a rule about character meets. If we come upon them and the line is short then ok but if we don't going looking for them or the line is long no way

There are seldom long lines on the cruise. The princess meeting has one line. It took my girls maybe 10 minutes to reach the front, and then they moved from one princess to the next. They met four princesses in about 20 minutes. That would never happen in one of the parks. So, if anyone in your crew wants to meet characters, the DCL is a great place to do that.

TCD

There are seldom long lines on the cruise. The princess meeting has one line. It took my girls maybe 10 minutes to reach the front, and then they moved from one princess to the next. They met four princesses in about 20 minutes. That would never happen in one of the parks. So, if anyone in your crew wants to meet characters, the DCL is a great place to do that.

TCD

I will amend my character meet stance for three nights...

Sounds like some excellent lines for princesses on board! DD loves her princesses. Although I haven't met a Belle yet that doesn't remind me of Sandra Bullock. :rofl2:

I am actually really looking forward to a Disney vacation where we don't need to jump out of bed to hit rope drop. Or decide on transportation. I'm hoping to just "go with the flow" as much as possible.

2 must-do's for our clan: meet some princesses, play mini golf

Going back to the dress code thing - is that just for sit-down restaurants? DH has some nice dress shorts, loafers, etc that definitely are not in the t-shirt and flops genre, but I'm not sure I will get much more out of him on vacation.

Oh, and back to characters - do they have all the Fab 5 there and accessible?

Nikki - when is your cruise???? I bet you're about to bust with excitement! Sounds like you're close since you have check-in stuff already.

Sounds like some excellent lines for princesses on board! DD loves her princesses. Although I haven't met a Belle yet that doesn't remind me of Sandra Bullock. :rofl2:

I am actually really looking forward to a Disney vacation where we don't need to jump out of bed to hit rope drop. Or decide on transportation. I'm hoping to just "go with the flow" as much as possible.

2 must-do's for our clan: meet some princesses, play mini golf

Going back to the dress code thing - is that just for sit-down restaurants? DH has some nice dress shorts, loafers, etc that definitely are not in the t-shirt and flops genre, but I'm not sure I will get much more out of him on vacation.

Oh, and back to characters - do they have all the Fab 5 there and accessible?

Nikki - when is your cruise? ??? I bet you're about to bust with excitement! Sounds like you're close since you have check-in stuff already.

Regarding the dress suggestions...those are just for the Main Dining Rooms, which on the Dream are Royal Palace, Animators Palate and Enchanted Garden. The adult only restaurants, Palo and Remy, cost extra and have more restrictive dress codes. At Cabanas (the buffet) you can eat in pretty much anything...they just ask that you not be dripping wet from the pool. Then there are the casual counter serve places near the pool. You can walk up in anything besides nakedness and get food.

For characters...yes they have all the good ones. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip Dale, Peter Pan, Hook...and others I am sure. And for princesses there was Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana, Ariel, and Snow White. I think at least. I know there were 6 at the greetings we attended.