Stayed here in July. LOVED it! Great CG!! Pictures are not good, but we were too busy having fun what little time we were there. We spent a lot of time touring the battlefields and visiting all the museums in town.

Main drive.

DSC00222.jpg

Perimeter road

DSC00217.jpg

Pool

DSC00206.jpg

Playground

DSC00225.jpg

You can see in most of these they have pedal carts for rent. Also putt putt and a hayride, which we missed since we were off touring all day. The road they're going down here was our section. Lots of trees for shade! Nice level sites.

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

They have cabins for rent. There is one in the background here:

DSC00221.jpg

There is one of the bathhouses and I am not sure what that big building is - some kind of hall. Rallies maybe?

DSC00216.jpg

Best of all, this is right around the corner:

IMG_2303.jpg

And this is 45 min. to an hour away:

hershey.jpg

Again, this was a great place. Clean, well maintained. Super friendly and helpful staff. One guy even printed Hershey park coupons from the Internet for me.

The only downside was there was some major road work/bridge work just outside the entry which made it a little nerve wracking, but it was navigable. We had plenty of neighbors with land yachts.

Always wanted to see Gettysburg Battle Field. Looks like a class A1 Campground.

Glad ya'll had a good time. :)

We did. I love going to historical places, forts, national parks. This was one of my favorite trips ever. You should go if you get the chance. It is humbling and educational.

None of the CG's we stayed at this summer were overly elaborate or anything (except the Fort!), but it really makes a huge difference when the owners/managers really care about their guests.

There's another really popular one called "Drummer Boy" that people like a lot. It's larger and has more amenities. But it also looked like the sites were out in the open and we liked the trees here. And the price here.

I looked at the KOA. It looked really nice and fun for the kids. Honestly, the reason I didn't consider it was because they don't allow any alcohol at all. I know that sounds lame to some folks, but we do enjoy our beer when we're camping.

There are quite a few CG's in the Gettysburg/Hershey area. I am sure we'll be back. I love it there in the summer.

Gettysburg CG is where the bunch if us fiends were originally schedule to have our Easter Gathering in 2011. The week before it flooded. We were all able to get connecting sites in Granite Hill CG, which is a mile up the road.

Oh, no! It is in a valley though so I can see where that would happen. The stream was very calm and shallow when we were there.

How was Granite Hill?

Oh, no! It is in a valley though so I can see where that would happen. The stream was very calm and shallow when we were there.

How was Granite Hill?

We loved it, even went back for a second time with some fellow fiends last Easter and will be there Easter 2013 if your interested.

We loved it, even went back for a second time with some fellow fiends last Easter and will be there Easter 2013 if your interested.

Good to know. Your state has so many amazing places to camp!

I live in FL so am not usually able to get up North during the school year. At least not to go camping.