Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

As I won't be in a position to post another update until at least later this evening, if not tomorrow, Nicki can proceed with her henna foot hijack. It's interesting, especially the henna phone number part. I've never heard of such a thing. I thought she was talking about that chick from Taxi....Marylou Henner.

Call me overprotective but a henna artist friend gave me some henna as a moving away from Jersey present. I got it out to do some we are going to Disney for the first time Henna and inspirations hit on the phone number.

Ok Dave... 1) You have a beautiful family.

2) I agree with you... Family time is far more important that a few school days...

3) It was great that mom and dad could see you and the family.

4) And with my deepest respect, I would like to point out that you married way out of your league..... Nice Job !!! :rofl3: :rofl3:

Gwen gets kudo points for planking!!!!!

And by default the parents get points for allowing it.

Good thing I don't plan on needing a van anytime soon.

And by the way, all your girls are blessed. They look just like INC.

I can't wait to see the mickey ear photos!!

Those should be in the next update.

Call me overprotective but a henna artist friend gave me some henna as a moving away from Jersey present. I got it out to do some we are going to Disney for the first time Henna and inspirations hit on the phone number.

Because Dave gave permission - the other foot and a better image.

551908_169674466502921_1555771212_n.jpg

That's cool. I've never seen anything like that. I guess I've seen henna tattoos before...just never on the foot.

Ok Dave... 1) You have a beautiful family. Thank you!

2) I agree with you... Family time is far more important that a few school days... Yep!

3) It was great that mom and dad could see you and the family. Yes, it was nice to see them. They are getting older and you never know how much time you have.

4) And with my deepest respect, I would like to point out that you married way out of your league..... Nice Job !!! :rofl3: :rofl3: That's the truth!

Gwen gets kudo points for planking!!!!!

And by default the parents get points for allowing it.

Good thing I don't plan on needing a van anytime soon.

And by the way, all your girls are blessed. They look just like INC.

I will try to post a link to Gwen's cruise planking video. It's pretty funny.

And yes, the girls are blessed that they look like INC. The funny thing is, I can't tell you how many times people that don't know us have commented how much Anna looks like me. LOL!

Dave,

I am so impressed that you planned all of this as a surprise for your family!!!

That is awesome!!

TCD's report has us considering a cruise as well!!!

Heidi

I hope you do one some day!

Stella is the bestest creamer stacker evah!

Love the Gwen photos! Too cute!

Maybe Anna could give me i pad lessons one day. ya know... when i can actually afford one. ;D

Well I haven't hidden my feelings on this before....but personally I hate the ipad. If I were buying a tablet today I'd look at the Nexus 7. And they start at $199! A lot cheaper than the ipad. Since we already own the ipad though, we do have some great apps for Anna on it. But you can get those same apps on the Android pads.

Oh thank goodness, I've made it to your TR before the ship left port! I can swim but ohmy not that far.

Enjoyed everything so far, ALL your girls are so cute..what a Dad/hubby to plan a surprised so large and keep it secret so long...kuddos to you!

I'm glad you didn't have to swim all the way to Nassau!

Lovin' Stella's haircut - very cute and very "now". ;D And I think creamer-stackn' rules

We are contemplating a tablet to use as a portable movie/Kidz Bop/game playing device on the road. Good to hear your thoughts - we are leaning toward the Droid as well.

Love the plankin' - can I plank on the Pilot?

HJC - hey Nikki LOVE the henna phone number idea!

Can't wait to see more!!!!

I love reading Dave TR's. I love seeing what the girls are doing. Stella is so cute with her hair that way, and yes they are lucky because they look like INC., BTW not bad looking Grandparents either. The whole darn family is good looking. :heart: The girls looked really excited, can't wait to read more, stop answering everyone's posts and get on with it.

Okay - too many things to comment on, and you're not even on the ship yet!

DSCN0056.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

The second picture is to die for, but the first is so wonderful with Anna looking at you that way. So special!

DSCN0058.JPG

Love it!

DSCN0068.JPG

Isn't seeing that for the first time so much fun?

1. When you are about to board a Disney Cruise, you will let your kids get away with things you normally wouldn't. I guess it can be blamed on temporary euphoria.

Being in a situation like that, where you know you're letting them get away with stuff they never would in real life, is one of my favorite things!

DSCN0077.JPG

Love this!

My Mom and INC.

Coming up....we head inside the terminal to check in, and take the obligatory mouse ear pictures in front of the gangway.

Copy cat! :rofl2:

Can't wait for more!

Wow, this weekend went by too fast and I have missed so much! All caught up and ready to read the whole TR!! You are a keeper, I can never keep a secret!! Belated happy birthday to INC. Beautiful family and yes I agree I think Anna looks like you. :pc:

Lovin' Stella's haircut - very cute and very "now". ;D And I think creamer-stackn' rules

We are contemplating a tablet to use as a portable movie/Kidz Bop/game playing device on the road. Good to hear your thoughts - we are leaning toward the Droid as well.

Love the plankin' - can I plank on the Pilot?

I'd save my planking for a rental car. Or someone else's car. Do you have any neighbors you don't like?

I love reading Dave TR's. I love seeing what the girls are doing. Stella is so cute with her hair that way, and yes they are lucky because they look like INC., BTW not bad looking Grandparents either. The whole darn family is good looking. :heart: The girls looked really excited, can't wait to read more, stop answering everyone's posts and get on with it.

So let me get this straight. The girls are good looking. INC is good looking. Nana and Grampa are good looking. Is that about right? ARE YOU MISSING ANYONE?? :clint:

Okay - too many things to comment on, and you're not even on the ship yet!

The second picture is to die for, but the first is so wonderful with Anna looking at you that way. So special! I know! I love that picture.

Love it!

Isn't seeing that for the first time so much fun? That was so exciting!

Being in a situation like that, where you know you're letting them get away with stuff they never would in real life, is one of my favorite things! Yeah, that was fun. My first inclination was to not let her do it. But then I figured what the heck. I think I was saying "no", and INC was asking me "why not?".

Copy cat! :rofl2: Yeah, I know! But ya gotta do it!

Can't wait for more!

They are some cool pictures, gives you a pretty good idea of how big those ships are.

Looks like Half the fun is gettin there :banana:

Those ships are massive. I can't imagine how they stay afloat. But I guess if an aircraft carrier can stay afloat, one of these shouldn't have any trouble.

Wow, this weekend went by too fast and I have missed so much! All caught up and ready to read the whole TR!! You are a keeper, I can never keep a secret!! Belated happy birthday to INC. Beautiful family and yes I agree I think Anna looks like you. :pc:

So you think so too? And here all along I've tried telling people her biological daddy was Putin. No one will believe that anymore.

I agree with everyone else. All of your girls are so cute, but I actually think Stella favors you, more than INC.

I would love to see Gwen's planking video! Get to postin Mister!! ;D

If Stella actually looks like me, I'm glad she can't read that well yet. That would break her heart. :rofl2:

All Aboard! Where's The Buffet??

After our Planking on the Chrysler session, we walked into the terminal, made it through security, and went upstairs to see this.

DSCN0079.JPG

I wouldn't normally put strangers' kids on the internet, but the look on that girl's face is so cute. Plus, I don't think anyone could possibly track that family down. If by some remote chance they are reading this...well ya got a cute daughter there! Nice job with the Minnie dress.

Some more Minnie pics.

DSCN0083.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

We got in line to check in and show our documentation, and I was happy that we had no issues with Anna's documents. The woman behind the counter had to call over a Homeland Security agent to check it out but that took 10 seconds and we were cleared and given our KTTW cards and our boarding cards.

DSCN0082.JPG

They board in groups starting at 11:30, and once they begin the boarding goes pretty quickly. We were onboard before noon.

But before we get to the ship...you have to sit through a bunch of Mickey ear over the head pictures. As you can tell, we had a hard time getting the right angle for these. There were huge crowds of people standing straight in front of them, so most of our pictures were off to the side. Plus, I kinda suck at this photography thing. But here you go anyways.

DSCN0085.JPG

DSCN0086.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

With all the people behind us, Stella was too short to be able to get the shot but wanted to participate.

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0092.JPG

This is what I call a nice INC photobomb!

DSCN0094.JPG

DSCN0087.JPG

About this point, our boarding group was being called. We had groups 11 and 13 for our two cabins, so we hung back until group 13 was called so we could board together. Here is the view from the gangway.

DSCN0097.JPG

Looking down...

DSCN0098.JPG

They have a photographer taking pics of all the families as you board, but before you actually get onto the ship.

DDR-120902-Boarding-1221431.jpg

And then, we made a final turn along the gangway, passed through a final set of doors to enter the ship, and they called our names to introduce us......and we saw this!

DSCN0099.JPG

The atrium is beautiful, and that light is just spectacular.

DSCN0100.JPG

We found the elevators to head up to deck 11....where you will find the pools, the AquaDuck, and Cabanas, the restaurant where they were serving the first BUFFET of the Cruise!!!!!

Coming up!!