Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

Boy, we go away for a weekend and I fall way behind!

Two thumbs up on the eggs benedict, YUM! And big props to the girls for Mickey bars for breakfast!!

Now on to thew underwater pictures. Are we using a laugh-o-meter? If so INC wins!!

I agree. The adult photos are way funnier than the kids'.

Dave, I didn't think I would have any regrets from my cruise, but thanks to your TR, I now have one. I did not eat enough steak fries. We mostly ate lunch from the quick serve places on the pool deck. They just have the regular Disney fries there.

TCD

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

This picture reminds me of The Little Mermaid!

And I have to say the girls were rockin' it with the underwater camera, you guys not so much....sorry!

You're right! I never picked up on the Little Mermaid similarity in that pic before.

YAY you are back...uh, I vote the girls pics way tops over the old people's pics :rofl2:

but everyone looked like they are having fun :rofl3:

Yeah, we had a good time with it. I need to work on my underwater skills, but I'm too old to open my eyes under there anymore with the chlorine and all and I hate getting water up my nose. :rofl3:

I do what I can. :))

Great underwater photos but the girls win. Sorry Dave.

I thought you of all people would be on my side. :clint:

I'm with you - she looks like Little Mermaid!

Dave, your girls take the cake on this one! But, I must say I bet you and INC had many laughs together doing yours, too. That's what it's all about...

You are right!

Boy, we go away for a weekend and I fall way behind!

Two thumbs up on the eggs benedict, YUM! And big props to the girls for Mickey bars for breakfast!!

Now on to thew underwater pictures. Are we using a laugh-o-meter? If so INC wins!!

You went away for the weekend? Go anywhere interesting??

I guess I am glad I have been away all weekend. By the time I get back I have almost 3 pages to catch up on and you are picking up too!!! I am with everyone else....I want to go on a Disney criuse now. Not just a cruise, it has to be a Disney cruise! Only I know I would never be able to keep that a secret. I would have Disney Cruise Countdown induced anxiety!

I definitely had that anxiety!

I agree. The adult photos are way funnier than the kids'.

Dave, I didn't think I would have any regrets from my cruise, but thanks to your TR, I now have one. I did not eat enough steak fries. We mostly ate lunch from the quick serve places on the pool deck. They just have the regular Disney fries there.

TCD

You'll just have to do another cruise to fill up on steak fries. Seems like an easy solution to me.

Another vote for the grown-ups' underwater photos. That bubble could not have been easy to make, and I love your pufferfish impression!

Thanks for the vote!

I Could Get Used To This

I need to get cracking and put this report to bed....it has been dragging on way too long for a 4 night cruise. :rofl3:

But we are getting to the end soon...in fact, this update will cover our last dinner on the ship.

The last dinner....how sad is that? I loved the entire cruise (well, except for the vibrating bed the first night), but I especially enjoyed our nice dinners. And what's not to enjoy? There is no thought involved. They tell you where to dine, and when to show up. You just go and have a good time. And there is no pressure on what to order, as you can order something else if your first choice isn't to your liking.

Our last dinner was at Enchanted Garden, where we had our Pirate night dinner the previous evening. This was fine with me, as it was a completely different menu tonight. Let's dive right in!

Several of the ladies opted for an appetizer of North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth

DSCN0746.JPG

There we no complaints about those raviolis!

I opted for the Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower - with crisp noodles and wasabi dressing.

DSCN0747.JPG

I love ahi, and this was cool, velvety sashimi grade tuna, with a nice kick from the wasabi. WASABI!!!!! That reminds me of that Annoying Orange video with the wasabi. I need to hijack my own post with that one...just cause it cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkHJKakHMpo

Ok, enough Annoying Orange. He can get so....annoying.

Stella got some fresh fruit.

DSCN0749.JPG

For the salad course, I tried the Romaine Wedge - fresh crisp romaine topped with creamy Romano dressing and homemade spiced croutons

DSCN0751.JPG

It was quite flavorful...I'm used to Iceberg Wedges with blue cheese. This was different but good.

INC's salad choice was the Baby Spinach Salad - tender spinach tossed with fresh sliced seasonal pears, toasted pine nuts and crumbled gorgonzola. She enjoyed it very much.

DSCN0752.JPG

We got Anna the mac n cheese and steak fries kids plate.

DSCN0753.JPG

There was a pizza selection on the kids menu, but it was a "fancy" pizza and Stella just wanted cheese pizza. Tomas was happy to get her a slice of cheese pizza...which I almost didn't get a pic of as it disappeared quite quickly.

DSCN0754.JPG

Here she is enjoying it.

DSCN0755.JPG

For the adult main courses, we were all happy with our choices.

Isabel and Gwen opted for the Roasted Pork Tenderloin seasoned with Smoked Salt - Citrus flavored polenta cakes and oven roasted carrots, parsnips and caramelized Granny Smith apples. They LOVED it!

DSCN0757.JPG

INC went for the Caramelized Sea Scallops - with roasted asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and pearl pasta, garnished with caramelized leeks and veal jus reduction

DSCN0758.JPG

And Emma and I decided to go off menu and try the Chef's special that night....Prime Rib!!!

DSCN0759.JPG

DSCN0760.JPG

Oh my gosh! This was SO tasty! I practically licked my plate.

By this point we were of course stuffed. But we of course ordered dessert!! :jumpforjoy

Anna had her usual ice cream.

DSCN0761.JPG

And Stella had her 6th or 7th Mickey bar of the cruise.

DSCN0762.JPG

I don't remember who ordered this...I must have been completely preoccupied with my dessert.

DSCN0763.JPG

INC and I both decided on the Banana Foster Sundae - rum glazed bananas, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce. Yes, it was GOOD!

DSCN0764.JPG

This was the evening's Sweet Temptations - a trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse

DSCN0765.JPG

And Tomas also brought out these little treats for us to try. They were like gummy candies...Apricot and some sort of dark chocolate. I can't really describe what they were like...unique to me for sure.

DSCN0766.JPG

All in all, a very enjoyable last dinner on board! Before we left the restaurant, Tomas explained how breakfast would work in the morning....in which we were supposed to attend the same restaurant and be served a sit down breakfast by Tomas and Victor, before being booted off the ship.

But it wasn't time for that yet. We still an evening to enjoy.

photo limit...to be continued

Final Night continued....

We left Enchanted Garden and went for a stroll. We had one final show coming up at 8:30 to attend....Believe! But until then, we had some time to kill.

DSCN0767.JPG

DSCN0768.JPG

We went past Shutters at some point to place our picture order in the kiosk. Easy breazy. And then we headed outside on Deck 4 and played some shuffleboard.

DSCN0770.JPG

DSCN0773.JPG

DSCN0774.JPG

Looks like we got photobombed by that guy from Curious George in that last pic.

DSCN0775.JPG

It was a beautiful night out on the ocean!

At around 8:00 we headed to the Walt Disney Theater to watch Believe.

DSCN0781.JPG

The show was outstanding! It was an emotional one for me due to the theme of it....which I won't give away as I know there are some of you with cruises planned. Let's just say any Dad's will be wiping their eyes secretly in case anyone is watching to see if they are crying.

Not that I'm ashamed of that or nothing. :rofl3:

After the show, we had something we needed to get done.

We needed pics in the throne.

No, not Stall #2. This throne.

DSCN0782.JPG

DSCN0783.JPG

DSCN0785.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

We can't forget Anna, can we??

DSCN0787.JPG

Hmmm, that one wasn't too great. Try again.

DSCN0788.JPG

Still not so great. One more try.

DSCN0789.JPG

Ok, fine. We'll leave it at that.

After that, we wandered back to the rooms to get our luggage put out in the hall. It has to be out by 10:30 for them to take it for debarkation in the morning. That is about the SADDEST thing of the whole cruise. Wheeling that luggage out into the hall was like walking to your execution. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but it wasn't fun.

We did wander back to the atrium later in the evening for check out a final party, but there wasn't much going on and we were pretty tired. So we went back to the room, ordered room service one final time, and called it a night. We got some cookies, Mickey bars, and I got a carafe of coffee for the morning.

And that was that.

I have some final day pics to share, and some more of the professional photos, and then we can call it a night on this trip report.

Thank you for bearing with me on this one!

Last update....coming up.

The last night is always sad but I'm glad to see you made the most of it!

This was my first experience with the Annoying Orange. Very annoying. :rofl2:

The girls looked beautiful as always but where was Christy?! I was expecting at least a throne picture. :)

I usually am on Team Dave, but it's your own fault for having girls that are so stinkin' cute! :)

Great food photos. Now I am hungry late at night.

I never like departure day. We usually sulk and get very mellow dramatic about it. H included.

Sulking...yes, that about sums it up. Boo to last days!

The last night is always sad but I'm glad to see you made the most of it!

This was my first experience with the Annoying Orange. Very annoying. :rofl2:

The girls looked beautiful as always but where was Christy?! I was expecting at least a throne picture. :)

Sorry about Annoying Orange. There are a whole bunch of those videos out there if you really want to be annoyed.

Great update, but why is Christy missing? ???

Yeah yeah, no Christy is those last pics. She was in control of the camera. But you got ME on the throne. Isn't that enough??

Great updates! Yes, that last night is always so sad.

Sure is! But I suppose if the last night was happy then that would mean the trip stunk. So I guess it's bittersweet?

1. I missed the original posting of the annoying orange and I believe I will pass on actually watching it.

2. Thanks for reminding me what your wife's name actually is. All I could remember is it's not cindy.

3. Love, love Stella holding her dress out.

4. I'm not ready for this one to end

5. Anna is just too stinkin cute.

6. Thought of Anna last night when her namesake, Anna from Russia danced on Dancing with the stars, who is a firecracker too.

Add me to the list of people sad to see this one come to an end. What a great trip you guys had!! You have a Great group of kids there Dave, Thanks for sharing them with us!

Between Your report, TCD's report, and my own pestering I think I've convinced the DW that we need to take a cruise!! Thanks for the help with that!!

Ah, man, I don't want this TR to end!

You did a great job on your first cruise, Dave.

And a great job on this trip report.

Except for the Annoying Orange video. I have managed to make it this far in life without ever having heard of Annoying Orange. Unfortunately, I can no longer say that. That is one annoying orange!

TCD

You should go view some of the other Annoying Orange videos.

You know you want to...

:heartsmiley:

:heartsmiley: back atcha...

1. I missed the original posting of the annoying orange and I believe I will pass on actually watching it.

2. Thanks for reminding me what your wife's name actually is. All I could remember is it's not cindy.

3. Love, love Stella holding her dress out.

4. I'm not ready for this one to end

5. Anna is just too stinkin cute.

6. Thought of Anna last night when her namesake, Anna from Russia danced on Dancing with the stars, who is a firecracker too.

Thanks Nicki. And sorry....but the last installment is coming up...

Ghost orb!!

DSCN0781.JPG

In Walt's shadow!!

You sure those aren't ice crystals in Walt's head?

Your family is precious! I'm not ready for this TR to end!!

Thanks!! But I have to finish it...

:'( I hate that this TR is coming to and end.

Sorry! But it has dragged on long enough.

I'm sad too, this has been a really fun trip report! Enjoying it till the end!

I am glad you read along and enjoyed it!

……..But you got ME on the throne. Isn't that enough??

Where is TCD's buddy the mystery tagger? That statement is just begging to be a tag!

Don't encourage them.

Add me to the list of people sad to see this one come to an end. What a great trip you guys had!! You have a Great group of kids there Dave, Thanks for sharing them with us!

Between Your report, TCD's report, and my own pestering I think I've convinced the DW that we need to take a cruise!! Thanks for the help with that!!

Yay! Do it!

The End

All good things must come to an end. And such it is with cruises.

Our last night was wonderful. A great dinner. An outstanding show with Believe. Some more room service. But eventually it ended, and we went to bed.

I slept pretty well that night, but woke up before dawn. I heard some muffled noises...like workers and engines and such. So I went to the window, and this is what I saw.

DSCN0790.JPG

Booo!!!!!!!!

We had arrived back at Port Canaveral during the night. And as much as I LOVED the sight of that terminal building on Sunday, it absolutely sucked seeing it now.

But at least there was some activity to watch. Do you see those objects toward the bottom of the pic above?

Those are forklifts. And there were a LOT of them. And they were moving around VERY quickly.

So I poured myself a cup of coffee from the carafe I had ordered the night before, and I sat down in the porthole seat with Anna and watched them work.

DSCN0791.JPG

They were unloading the luggage from the ship to take back to the terminal.

I actually saw one of my duffels on top of one of the bins. It is pretty distinctive looking, and there it was. So at least I knew that Sana had taken our luggage to the right place.

In fact, there it is...the bright yellow piece in the center of this pic.

DSCN0793.JPG

This one came out a bit clearer.

DSCN0795.JPG

Not bad picture quality for an underwater camera, taken through a window in the dark from 7 stories up. :rofl3:

At the same time a group of forklifts was unloading things from the ship, another group was taking pallets off a tractor trailer and taking them onto the ship. I guess this is the food and supplies for the next group of lucky passengers boarding in just 6 hours.

DSCN0796.JPG

Lucky SOB's.

Before long, I had to wake up all the kids and INC and get them out the door. We were heading to Enchanted Garden for our 6:45am "Get The F*%k Off The Ship" Breakfast. Eat and run, baby.

As we were leaving the cabins, I grabbed the invoices from the door, and we headed to the restaurant.

After sitting down, I ordered some coffee and we placed our food orders, and I decided to take a flip through the invoice. Good thing I did, because it said I had to come to Guest Services before leaving the ship and settle our charges, because our credit card had been declined. :banghead:

I left the table to go upstairs and take care of that. Our Disney Visa had been declined when DCL tried to submit the charges. Just wanting to get off the ship at that point, I gave them our Amex to settle the bill, and then headed back to breakfast. I called Chase from the airport that morning, and it turns out they had locked the account for fraud...due to that yahoo in Maryland stealing our card. But I didn't know that when I went back to breakfast, and between that and having to leave the ship, I wasn't hungry and didn't eat my breakfast.

In any case, here is what I ordered.

DSCN0802.JPG

It was an omelet with BBQ pork on top. It was the Chef's special that morning, referred to as the "Get The F*%k Off The Ship Chef's Special".

I did drink some coffee.

Anna was being cute. I guess she's the only one who didn't realize we were leaving the ship, and thus was in a good mood.

DSCN0801.JPG

None of the rest of us were photo worthy that morning.

After breakfast, we went up to Deck 3, crossed the gangway into the terminal to collect our luggage, and walked out to the rental car. We were officially done with our cruise. :-[

The drive back to MCO was quick and painless. We returned the rental van, checked our luggage, and went to the gate area to wait for our flight time. I called Chase and took care of the credit card fraud thing, and in usual Southwest Airlines fashion we were on time and on our way.

This is how we felt about it though.

DSCN0806.JPG

A far cry from the happy faces back on page 1 of this report, eh?

We did get one chuckle on the flight though. We were behind a guy with a full face on the back of his head.

See?

DSCN0804.JPG

If you look closely, you can see a big nose, two eyes and a mouth underneath.

We laughed our butts off at that. Quietly, of course. He was a really big dude, and I didn't want to get beat up in front of my wife and kids.

The flight went really well. And this helped.

DSCN0807.JPG

It was a beautiful day for flying, and before too long we knew we were close to home, as Nashville's lakes came into view.

DSCN0808.JPG

That is J Percy Priest Lake if you were wondering.

We landed early, got our luggage, made it to our Big Blue Mickey Van, and drove home.

And that was that.

I appreciate you reading along! I hope I didn't bore you too much. And until next time....oh wait!

I have one more thing to share.

That night back at home, when INC and I were going to bed, this greeted us on our bed.

2012-09-06%252022.36.19.jpg

Isn't that awesome!

I love my kids. And that is that. So now, this report is a wrap.

You know that it pains me to say it Dave, but it was a great trip report.

I knew that when I first found out that you had booked it, that no family deserved it and would enjoy it more than you guys.

Here's to Dave and to all the terrific girls in his life.

BTW, I still think that INC is too hot for you.