Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

After my reconciliation with Snow White, we made our way back to the cabins to relax before dinner. On the way, I snapped this picture of Mitt Romney's yacht. Or is that a Carnival ship? The logos confuse me a bit.

DSCN0269.JPG

While waiting for an elevator, I noticed this attention to detail that is so typical of Disney. Even the elevators are themed!

DSCN0270.JPG

In the cabin, I popped open a Red Stripe and poured INC some sangria. As usual, Sana had filled our ice bucket with fresh ice this afternoon. I also called down to room service and ordered a couple of cheese plates to snack on while we dressed for dinner.

DSCN0272.JPG

We were dressed and ready for dinner a bit early, so we walked around the ship a bit to check things out. Minnie was dressed in her finest and greeting her guests.

DSCN0273.JPG

DSCN0274.JPG

DSCN0275.JPG

We all got in on the picture.

DSCN0276.JPG

And the Shutters photographer was there too...to take better pics than our little camera could get.

DDR-120903-Vintage_Brown_8x10-1232416.jpg

After visiting with Minnie, we headed to D Lounge, which is the family entertainment lounge onboard. They were holding a game show where contestants had to sing the next line of a Disney song...like the Singing Bee I guess.

DSCN0277.JPG

DSCN0283.JPG

Izzy volunteered to be a contestant.

DSCN0284.JPG

DSCN0288.JPG

She did quite well, correctly answering 2 or 3 of the songs. But if a contestant doesn't know, they will open it up to the audience. INC knew the first one but didn't raise her hand. However, Dopey noticed and pointed the MC to her, and she sang it correctly.

DSCN0287.JPG

Way to go, INC and Izzy!!

At this point we needed to leave to get to Animators Palate for dinner. We were dominating the contest anyways and needed to let some of the other losers guests have a turn. :rofl3:

We brought a bottle of wine with us for dinner. That's another nice thing about DCL...not only can you bring your own alcohol onboard, but you can bring your own wine to dinner. They charge a $20 corkage fee, which is pretty standard even on dry land. We're not big drinkers with dinner normally, but for our dress up dinner it seemed appropriate. We figured we'd drink a glass each, and take the rest with us.

DSCN0291.JPG

DSCN0292.JPG

Hmmm, that one glass idea flew out the window. We were feeling no pain!

DSCN0311.JPG

DSCN0315.JPG

The restaurant is pretty neat, with large screens all around creating the illusion that you are under the sea. Crush swims around interacting with people at the tables near the monitors.

DSCN0293.JPG

DSCN0307.JPG

DSCN0295.JPG

Before dinner, they served a nice bread basket with a roasted garlic dip.

DSCN0298.JPG

Sisters were enjoying the love.

DSCN0299.JPG

The little ones ordered the kids Alfredo pasta with steak fries and veggies.

DSCN0300.JPG

While the rest of us started with our appetizers. Several of the ladies ordered the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes - Pasta Purse filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce.

DSCN0301.JPG

I decided to start with the Smoked Salmon Tartare, capers, onions and micro greens topped with american black caviar, seasoned with celtic salt.

DSCN0302.JPG

A couple of the girls tried the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese soup.

DSCN0303.JPG

While INC and I had the Curly Endive, Arugula and Watercress Salad with peaches, toasted almonds and tossed in a sherry vinaigrette.

DSCN0305.JPG

Some of the women folk had the pasta dish for their entree....White Shrimp Pennette Pasta tossed with a basil and Reggiano Parmesand Cheese Sauce and topped with a Parmesan Cheese wafer.

DSCN0308.JPG

I opted for the Animator's Trio of Veal, Grilled Tenderloin, Pulled Shank and Tortellacci Pasta with a sun-dried tomato and sage reduction and garnished with a potato crisp.

DSCN0309.JPG

This dish was awesome! So many interesting flavors that complimented each other so well. I practically licked the plate.

Picture limit....to be continued!

We had a lot of fun at this dinner.

DSCN0310.JPG

DSCN0314.JPG

Anna got another dish of ice cream for dessert.

DSCN0316.JPG

Stella had another Mickey bar!

DSCN0317.JPG

Anna posed again.

DSCN0318.JPG

Our servers taught us all the Crush dance.

DSCN0321.JPG

DSCN0323.JPG

DSCN0324.JPG

DSCN0325.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

DSCN0328.JPG

This is Victor, our Assistant Server.

DSCN0330.JPG

And this is Tomas, our main Server.

DSCN0338.JPG

For dessert, a couple of the girls had the Cookies and Cream sundae.

DSCN0331.JPG

This was the Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake.

DSCN0333.JPG

DSCN0335.JPG

There was also a trio dessert...Sweet Tempations, that someone tried, but I dont' have a pic.

Every night at dinner, Tomas would show us tricks with crayons, where we had to solve puzzles.

DSCN0336.JPG

DSCN0337.JPG

I think he tricked us this night, but by the end of the cruise we had gotten good at them.

INC and Anna had some fun.

DSCN0340.JPG

DSCN0341.JPG

DSCN0342.JPG

By this point, we were stuffed, laughing and very content. And INC and I were feeling no pain. We left Animators Palate in a great mood! And when we got ouside onto the deck, this is the sight that greeted us.

DSCN0343.JPG

Isn't that beautiful??

It was such a stunning sight, I decided to jump overboard and go for a swim in that beautiful water.

DSCN0346.JPG

Ok, that may not have happened. But Red Stripes and Cabernet will make you pose for very stupid pictures.

Like this one.

DSCN0345.JPG

Yeah.

That's probably enough of that.

Back out on deck, a rain storm was brewing in the distance.

DSCN0348.JPG

And on that note....I'll sign off for now.

I should not have started this update before dinner. Nothing I could possible serve up would sound as good as what you had.

Fortunately i had just finished eating dinner when I started reading this. And no my leftover roast chicken is not comparing.

Outstanding installment!!

Great family pic with Minnie. Is Stella giving the "I'm not impressed" face?

INC looks mortified to be singing.

Definitely love the wino pics!!

What is Celtic salt? Is that salt that does a jig?

INC & Anna snuggling pics... :heart:

Stella guards her Mickey bars just like I guard my nutella waffles.

I must learn the Crush dance.

Post-bottle of wine pics are AWESOME!

Very cool sunset & rain cloud pics.

I feel so warm & fuzzy, almost like I was there.

(I should have been, but I picked that "other family" to be adopted by. Nice folks, but when they went on a Dsiney cruise, they left me home)

anna cracked me up this update

1. she is too stinkin cute showing her ice cream

2. She looks like she gloating over getting ice cream two nights in a row

3. It looks like she licked INC on the face!

4. Love the cuddling pics

5. Love the tongues sticking out pics

6. Tell stella to guard those mickey bars closely

You can even save funeral costs, just have them toss you over the side.. :rofl2:

Economical AND ecological!

I'm so glad to hear that you and Snow White buried the hatchet!

Yes, but I am a bit concerned about where exactly that hatchet may be buried in December!

I should not have started this update before dinner. Nothing I could possible serve up would sound as good as what you had.

Aww man, dessert is calling me. You guys did look like you had a lot of fun at dinner. And what a beautiful evening. I'm glad you decided against the swim though.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner after all, Doodle. We had sloppy joes tonight....so I do know what you mean!

Fortunately i had just finished eating dinner when I started reading this. And no my leftover roast chicken is not comparing.

Hmmm, leftovers do have a tough time comparing to cruise food. Did you at least have gravy with your chicken?

Wow. I think that was my favorite update. ^-^

I know what you mean. The homemade pizza I was so excited about earlier all of a sudden seems kind of drab now. :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed the update! Sorry I ruined your pizza...

Outstanding installment!!

Great family pic with Minnie. Is Stella giving the "I'm not impressed" face? Always.

INC looks mortified to be singing. Yep!

Definitely love the wino pics!!

What is Celtic salt? Is that salt that does a jig? Yes, it dances in a pretentious manner.

INC & Anna snuggling pics... :heart:

Stella guards her Mickey bars just like I guard my nutella waffles. You are both smart women.

I must learn the Crush dance. My girls will give you lessons in January.

Post-bottle of wine pics are AWESOME!

Very cool sunset & rain cloud pics.

I feel so warm & fuzzy, almost like I was there.

(I should have been, but I picked that "other family" to be adopted by. Nice folks, but when they went on a Dsiney cruise, they left me home) That's just not fair.

anna cracked me up this update

1. she is too stinkin cute showing her ice cream

2. She looks like she gloating over getting ice cream two nights in a row

3. It looks like she licked INC on the face!

4. Love the cuddling pics

5. Love the tongues sticking out pics

6. Tell stella to guard those mickey bars closely

Anna love ice cream, and loves her tongue. Hilarious!

Looks like a really fun dinner!!!!

It was!

$20 uncorking fee... Is it still $20 if it's a $5 bottle of wine with a crew top?

Nice to see you letting loose a bit. :banana:

(corrected spelling of bottle. oops)

I think you can avoid the fee by chugging the bottle of wine on deck before going into the restaurant. :wine:

Crew as in Tarzan on top? $20 is a STEAL!!!!

Easy now! Easy!!

Oh my gosh - great update!

While waiting for an elevator, I noticed this attention to detail that is so typical of Disney. Even the elevators are themed!

DSCN0270.JPG

I know - I couldn't believe how beautiful that ship was!

In the cabin, I popped open a Red Stripe and poured INC some sangria. As usual, Sana had filled our ice bucket with fresh ice this afternoon. I also called down to room service and ordered a couple of cheese plates to snack on while we dressed for dinner.

DSCN0272.JPG

Oh my gosh - that is what I ordered every.single.night as a bedtime snack from room service. I absolutely loved it.

DDR-120903-Vintage_Brown_8x10-1232416.jpg

I love this one, like all of the professional pics y'all took. It makes me wish we had done that too! We just bought a few loose ones, but if I had it to do over again, I'd definitely do like y'all did and take advantage of photographers in such a beautiful place!

DSCN0311.JPG

DSCN0315.JPG

My kind of night!

Sisters were enjoying the love.

DSCN0299.JPG

Such a cute pic!

Looking forward to more!

Wow, I so love reading every entry. Your girls are all beautiful. I have to say my most favorite picture so far is the one of Stella and Anna. Beautiful, pure, sisterly love. Dave you have a beautiful family. Loving the TR. oh and PS I wish you luck in keeping the truce between you and Snow, but after all of these years, do you think it will last? or was it just the honeymoon of the cruise?

Between this TR and TCD's report I may have to consider getting on one of those floating cities. I love the pictures & your family is beautiful. I am also glad you restated what started the feud with Snow. You had me wondering... Specially with your old avatar.

Glad it is resolved for now....

I told everyone in chat the other night that if we stayed in chat too long we would get pages behind on this TR, I went to a ballgame and got 4 pages behind today. If you look at the time stamp you see how late I was up catching up!

Yes Liv I saw that jab, tisk tisk

So far so good I give this 3z's and 2 snaps so far

Looking forward to more, I took the sea sick pills to be able to read along.

Another wonderful update! Family pics are beautiful, and I'm drooling over all the food. Especially the cheese plate with the gorgonzola.

I used to go on a cruise once a year, sometimes twice, but we bought the moho and I gave it up. You and TCD are really making me want to cruise again!

Oh my gosh - great update!

I know - I couldn't believe how beautiful that ship was! Yes, they did a great job designing it!

Oh my gosh - that is what I ordered every.single.night as a bedtime snack from room service. I absolutely loved it. Did you enjoy it with some wine to help you sleep?

I love this one, like all of the professional pics y'all took. It makes me wish we had done that too! We just bought a few loose ones, but if I had it to do over again, I'd definitely do like y'all did and take advantage of photographers in such a beautiful place! Yeah, it was a once in a lifetime splurge for a once in a lifetime trip.

My kind of night!

Such a cute pic!

Looking forward to more!

Wow, I so love reading every entry. Your girls are all beautiful. I have to say my most favorite picture so far is the one of Stella and Anna. Beautiful, pure, sisterly love. Dave you have a beautiful family. Loving the TR. oh and PS I wish you luck in keeping the truce between you and Snow, but after all of these years, do you think it will last? or was it just the honeymoon of the cruise?

Thanks Loretta! I'm glad you are still reading and not bored to death yet.

Between this TR and TCD's report I may have to consider getting on one of those floating cities. I love the pictures & your family is beautiful. I am also glad you restated what started the feud with Snow. You had me wondering... Specially with your old avatar.

Glad it is resolved for now....

I was always so anti-cruise....but I knew that if I took a DCL cruise I would likely love it. It was magical.

I told everyone in chat the other night that if we stayed in chat too long we would get pages behind on this TR, I went to a ballgame and got 4 pages behind today. If you look at the time stamp you see how late I was up catching up!

Yes Liv I saw that jab, tisk tisk

So far so good I give this 3z's and 2 snaps so far

Looking forward to more, I took the sea sick pills to be able to read along.

Wow Bob....you lost sleep just to catch up AND you gave me 3 z's and 2 snaps. I feel honored.

Another wonderful update! Family pics are beautiful, and I'm drooling over all the food. Especially the cheese plate with the gorgonzola.

I used to go on a cruise once a year, sometimes twice, but we bought the moho and I gave it up. You and TCD are really making me want to cruise again!

Move to Florida to get those resident rates and then GO!

Another wonderful update Dave! Anna looks so serious when she shows you her ice cream...you are raising her right! Such a beautiful family you have there!!

Can't wait for more!

She does take her ice cream seriously.

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

Neither do I. ???

Finally caught up again... Dave, this whole truce and at peace with Ms. Snow is not going to last... I've seen the photos... she is not the fairest in the land while your family is around.... You have at least six members in your family that surpass her.... It is a trap... Make sure that she doesn't give them apples at Christmas... I'm just saying... be careful...