Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

Sorry, but if the cow lays on the ground, how is it saved?

Doesn't it end up being ground beef?

:rofl3:

TCD

Beat me to that one TCD! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Great trip report! Thanks!

I wish they could ban people for bad jokes.

If they could do that, there wouldn't be anyone left! :rofl2:

Yes, it was a bad joke, but I'm more upset that I didn't see it coming. I must be losing my touch. :rofl3:

Love the pics of everyone at dinner - that one of INC and Emma is definitely a keeper!

Can grown ups order kid food? I'm with Stef - cheese stix always sound good... :jumpforjoy

I love kid food and I never get to eat it. Sloppy Joes, cheese sticks, chicken fingers, fries, mac n chz... kids have got it made

I didn't think it was a bad joke at all. the "ground beef" joke is a family classic around here. ;D

Well, I did chuckle a bit. :rofl3:

Love the pics of everyone at dinner - that one of INC and Emma is definitely a keeper!

Can grown ups order kid food? I'm with Stef - cheese stix always sound good... :jumpforjoy

I love kid food and I never get to eat it. Sloppy Joes, cheese sticks, chicken fingers, fries, mac n chz... kids have got it made

Anyone can order anything if it's available. The little ones can order adult apps, entrees or desserts if that's what they want. And vice versa. Or you can order both! Or 2 adult dinners or desserts. And if something isn't on the menu but you've seen it at Cabanas, ask and they might be able to get it. Stella wanted plain cheese pizza one night but it wasn't on the kids menu (a fancier pizza was). I asked and she got it.

Arrrrr!!!

It's Pirate Night!!!!

And kinda ironic that I am typing this update on International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I just blew your mind, didn't I?

Anyways, when we last left off we had finished our Pirate Night dinner at Enchanted Garden. There were two pirate parties scheduled that night up on Deck 11...an early one (for those with little ones I guess) and the main, later one with fireworks.

We went to both.

The early one included a pirate themed show on the main deck...they had covered the pools entirely and the entire deck was a big dance floor, and also a place to view the stage show. We got spots down near the stage to watch a bit.

DSCN0617.JPG

This is the view behind us...you can see there is still some daylight. And it was a beautiful evening!

DSCN0619.JPG

The show was cute. It included Mickey and Minnie as a ship's crew.

DSCN0620.JPG

DSCN0621.JPG

They did a sing along, with a bouncing ball on the Funnel Vision.

DSCN0622.JPG

Watching the big screen, I noticed that I could see the back of the head of the person standing just in front of me. And if I could see the person right in front of me...could I see ME?

I gave the camera to INC and decided that I wanted to get Anna and myself on the big screen.

It was tough, as it was pretty dark.

Hmmm, is that Anna there on my shoulders?

DSCN0623.JPG

That is definitely the two of us...but not too easy to make out.

DSCN0624.JPG

Well, this one is a little bit clearer.

DSCN0625.JPG

Well this is DEFINITELY not me!

DSCN0632.JPG

But that reminds me. Cap'n Hook was in the show, and he had taken over command of the Dream! Eek!

Ok, back to my quest to get on the Funnel Vision.

Well, we had one more shot. And this is about the best we could do.

DSCN0633.JPG

Oh well, I had made it onto the big screen, but it wasn't really clear enough in the evening light for any of Disney's agent to notice. So much for my big break into show business.

After the early show, we went back to the Walt Disney Theater for the evening's entertainment choice...which was a juggling act. He juggled bowling balls while on a unicycle, bowling pins, knives, that sort of thing. He was entertaining enough, but the real show for us was the group seated directly in front of us. There was a large tour group of special needs adults on the cruise, and several of them were sitting in front of us. One man in particular had the most awesome, infectious laugh. You could not help but laugh along with him, and every time the juggler would do something funny the guy in front of us would turn around to look at us and laugh hysterically. We had a blast. Pure, joyful laughter.

After the show, we went for a stroll, figuring we would make our way up to Deck 12 a bit early to get a spot along the starboard railing for the fireworks. We ended up sitting on top of the one of the towel bins which was a great place to relax and then watch the fireworks.

I took Anna to the room while the rest were waiting, so she could use the bathroom and I could change into cooler clothes. This is what greeted me.

DSCN0635.JPG

DSCN0636.JPG

Yes, those are towel monkeys. Unless you are one of my daughters. They were convinced they were rotisserie chickens.

I'm serious. Rotisserie chickens.

INC and I asked them why Sana would have decorated our rooms in rotisserie chickens made from towels. They didn't have an answer. But they couldn't be swayed. Until the next day, when they attended a class in the D Lounge on making towel animals. And they learned how to make....towel monkeys. Monkeys that looked remarkably like Sana's rotisserie chickens. I think they were finally convinced.

Meanwhile, back up on Deck 12, there were other cruise ships beginning to position themselves to view the Dream's fireworks.

DSCN0634.JPG

And it wasn't too long until the Pirate Night show began....followed shortly thereafter by FIREWORKS!

DSCN0641.JPG

DSCN0642.JPG

DSCN0643.JPG

DSCN0644.JPG

DSCN0645.JPG

Enough fireworks photos?

I hope so, because that's all I have.

But don't despair....there is something even BETTER coming up.

The Pirate Night Buffet!!!!!!

I could make you wait for the next update to view the buffet...but I'm too excited to wait, and you know you want to see some more Pood Forn. So, let's go into Cabanas for the BIG MIDNIGHT BUFFET!!! (technically, the 11:15pm buffet...)

Have you ever seen such beautiful fruit??

DSCN0646.JPG

If you are wondering, no....I didn't eat fruit that night. There was just too much else I wanted to try!

Here are some of the desserts.

DSCN0650.JPG

DSCN0651.JPG

TURKEY LEGS!!

DSCN0652.JPG

Some Mexican choices.

DSCN0653.JPG

It goes on and on....

DSCN0654.JPG

As good as all of that looked, I had my eye on this.

DSCN0648.JPG

No, not the dude.

His handiwork.

He was making fresh CREPES!!!

I do love me some crepes. I had sworn them off for a while because INC and I ate a lot of them in Russia. Crepes are the most common fast food choice in Russia, so it was a quick meal now and then while there. But I don't think I had had a crepe since our last trip there. I was over due.

I made up for lost time.

Here are some of the filling choices.

DSCN0649.JPG

They were all sweet fillings...no savory ones. Which was fine by me. I had a sweet tooth.

Here is my first plate.

DSCN0647.JPG

There is some sweet cream, caramel. strawberry, whipped cream, chocolate and banana. My mouth is watering just typing this!

I honestly figured I'd get 4 of them to share with INC and the girls. Only they had their own plates of their own choices, so they weren't interested in the crepes.

So I ate all 4 myself.

And then, I went back and made another plate. 3 more crepes.

My math may be fuzzy, due to the sugar induced haze I put myself into that night, but I think that makes 7 crepes. At 11:30pm.

Yeah, I was a bit full. And a bit buzzed.

But it was so awesome!!

For that night, I was Dave the Crepe Eating Pirate! Arrrrr!!!!!!!

Happy International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Coming up.....our last day. :-[

I took Anna to the room while the rest were waiting, so she could use the bathroom and I could change into cooler clothes. This is what greeted me.

DSCN0635.JPG

DSCN0636.JPG

Yes, those are towel monkeys. Unless you are one of my daughters. They were convinced they were rotisserie chickens.

I'm serious. Rotisserie chickens.

INC and I asked them why Sana would have decorated our rooms in rotisserie chickens made from towels. They didn't have an answer. But they couldn't be swayed. Until the next day, when they attended a class in the D Lounge on making towel animals. And they learned how to make....towel monkeys. Monkeys that looked remarkably like Sana's rotisserie chickens. I think they were finally convinced.

I agree with the girls... That is some serious poultry action hanging from the ceiling!

I was wondering why you had a towel turkey hanging in your room. That's what they look like when I pull them out of the wrapper. Rotisserie chicken is a good guess, too.

I agree with the girls... That is some serious poultry action hanging from the ceiling!

What is wrong with you people? Turkeys....rotisserie chickens.....poultry action.....

If it's poultry you want, it's poultry you'll get!

funny-chicken_edit.jpg

Oh c'mon Lisa...you HAD to see that one coming.

Congrats on making the funnel vision. Midnight buffet looks gooood!!

sooo want to do another cruise now!

The midnight buffet was GOOD! I liked that it had different things than the regular lunch buffet.

Have mercy! ;D J/K

Adult apps.....maybe I should have reworded that.

I agree with the girls. That is a towel rotisserie chicken

Et tu, Nicki?

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

:1sm056pullhair:

That buffet looks awesome!! Crepes are definitely going to find there way to my plate. :))

My vote goes to the girls too, definitely a rotisserie chicken!!

Yeah, yeah. Blah blah blah....

Great job getting on the big screen! I knew you would do it.

I did not know there were crepes at the Pirate Night buffet. Those look really good.

I think Sana needs to go back to towel folding school.

Here is one of our towel monkeys. His head looks weird, but at least he doesn't look like a plucked bird:

IMG_2187.jpg

I think ours had chocolate coin eyes, but those never lasted long in our cabins.

TCD