Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

Well, my Company's web filtering software has been modified to block "Personal Network Storage and Backup" categories....which includes photo storing sites like Picasa, Photobucket, etc... So, no update until tonight at the earliest, and considering I need to pack for Defeated Creek and then will be leaving for the weekend tomorrow, there may not be another update until next week.

Well, my Company's web filtering software has been modified to block "Personal Network Storage and Backup" categories....which includes photo storing sites like Picasa, Photobucket, etc... So, no update until tonight at the earliest, and considering I need to pack for Defeated Creek and then will be leaving for the weekend tomorrow, there may not be another update until next week.

Fail.

Dang the man.

Always holding us down.

Have fun at Defeated Creek.

Don't forget to finish this thing when you get back.

You still have your whole day at sea to tell us about.

TCD

Holy cow am I late to this TR. It's been two nights of using every available moment but I've finally read all 25 pages.

Dave this is a fantastic TR!! It's so awesome that you surprised them with a cruise. That's something they'll never forget. Your family looks make the cruise look so fun I'll have to keep my wife away from here.

I must say your girls are correct. That is definitely a chicken hanging from the ceiling.

One last thing. Everytime I see little Anna I'm amazed how much she has changed in such a short time. You're an inspiration to us all.

Thank you everyone for the comments today....I am not going to respond to them individually because I am going to use the time tonight to get another update put together before I head to Defeated Creek. Let me just say this.....

TCD's monkey is more monkey than chicken. Sana is either into skinny monkeys or he has a weird infatuation with rotisserie chicken. Seeing that he is from Indonesia, he probably has more experience with monkeys than any of us, so I will have to give him pass and move on.

And Steve...glad you are caught up, and I appreciate the comments.

Ok, I'm gonna get busy writing....

Well...we have reached the last full day of our cruise. 24 hours to go on the Dream. And this will be an "at sea" day. So the ship will be busy. Which is fine, because we have enjoyed the ship to its fullest, including on the Nassau day when we stayed onboard. But that doesn't mean we are ready to pack it up and go home. No sir...we have a lot to do today!

This day started earlier than any of our mornings, thanks to Miss Anna, who woke me up around 6:00. Which was fine by me, as it was a beautiful day out there and I was ready to start enjoying it.

So Anna and I headed out while the rest were still in bed, and we went up to Deck 11 for coffee and to take in the views.

Views like this...

DSCN0655.JPG

DSCN0656.JPG

DSCN0657.JPG

DSCN0658.JPG

The hot tub was quiet at this hour.

DSCN0659.JPG

This is one of those horrifying glass panels in the floor of Deck 11....which if it gave way would lead to an 11 floor drop to the ocean below.

DSCN0660.JPG

Can you stand more sunrise pictures??

DSCN0662.JPG

Funnel Vision was quiet.

DSCN0663.JPG

The Mickey pool was still covered by decking from the Pirate Party last night.

DSCN0664.JPG

This picture shows how the decking slides out to cover the pools and create a floor for parties.

DSCN0665.JPG

Here is the Donald pool. You can see the movable decking over on the right side, which has already been slid back into place to reopen this pool since the party.

DSCN0666.JPG

Here is another shot of the covered Mickey pool looking back toward the slide and the Aquaduck.

DSCN0667.JPG

How about another sunrise shot??

DSCN0668.JPG

Anna and I then headed up to Deck 12 to get an unobstructed view of the ocean in the beautiful morning light.

DSCN0669.JPG

DSCN0670.JPG

Looking forward toward the adult deck.

DSCN0671.JPG

Anna is still in her jammies.

DSCN0672.JPG

We made our way back to Deck 11 and went to the far aft of the ship, which is a nice deck that is part of Cabanas. It is a very nice spot to eat outside...but in the early morning it is an extremely peaceful place to enjoy some coffee.

The ship appears to be moving in circles....I imagine they must cruise in circles during at at sea day on a Bahamas cruise. There is only so far you can travel between Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral.

DSCN0673.JPG

DSCN0674.JPG

This is the rear deck of Cabanas.

DSCN0675.JPG

The sun is getting quite a bit higher in the sky now.

DSCN0677.JPG

I went back to the room to get INC and whoever else was up and ready to go eat. It turns out that INC was the only one up at this point, so she and Anna and I went back up to Cabanas to sit outside with some coffee and think about our breakfast plans. I had wanted to try Royal Palace once for breakfast, which offers table service and a menu, rather than a buffet. After my 7 crepe midnight feast, I wasn't really feeling the buffet thing at the moment. So off the Royal Palace we went.

This immediately jumped out at me from the menu....the Waffle Sandwich - Two waffles stuffed with dulce de leche and rolled in sugar cinnamon and garnished with watermelon wedges.

DSCN0678.JPG

But I also wanted the Traditional Eggs Benedict - Toasted English muffin with grilled Canadian bacon, served with poached egg topped with hollandaise sauce, grilled roma tomatoes and link sausages.

DSCN0679.JPG

The eggs benedict was outstanding! The waffles were ok, and they didn't get finished. Not when those eggs were sitting there.

INC got an omelet, and we got Anna some scrambled eggs. While we were eating, we got a call from Gwen on the wave phone asking if she could order some breakfast from room service for her, Emma and Stella. I said sure, go ahead.

After breakfast, we strolled next door to the Art Gallery. There are some really unique things in there for sale.

Here are some examples of things that caught my eye.

DSCN0680.JPG

DSCN0681.JPG

DSCN0682.JPG

DSCN0684.JPG

DSCN0686.JPG

We left the gallery and wandered back up to the rooms to check on the kids. They had received and eaten their breakfasts and were off somewhere in the ship. This is what evidence we found of their breakfast choices.

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0689.JPG

So my girls had permission to order their own breakfast from room service, and they chose Mickey Bars??!!??

I can't tell you how proud I felt at that moment.

Way to go, girls!! That, my fine Fiends, is how you cruise!! You go full throttle, morning to night, taking it all in and letting it all out. And if your breakfast craving calls for Mickey bars, you order Mickey bars!!

And if they ever ask to eat ice cream for breakfast at home, they better be prepared for a lecture.

At this point, we met up with Emma and Gwen and they took off for a while with the camera. Those pics are coming up...

So many things to say...

Most important. Bella wears those same pajamas, footie style. Every morning she wears them, I wake her with "Bella, don't panic, but there is a monkey on your booty". I'm always answered with a "Moooooooooom". I know she loves it.

Ice cream bars for breakfast, I totally saw that coming. I like their style.

So many things to say...

Most important. Bella wears those same pajamas, footie style. Every morning she wears them, I wake her with "Bella, don't panic, but there is a monkey on your booty". I'm always answered with a "Moooooooooom". I know she loves it.

Ice cream bars for breakfast, I totally saw that coming. I like their style.

Did you get the jammies at Costco?

You will notice that the feet are cut off of Anna's. That's because we have to put her to bed every night with her pajamas on backwards. Otherwise, she will wake up, strip naked, and remove her diaper...which 9 out of 10 mornings has been pooped in. I won't go further with the story, but you know where it is headed.

DSCN0658.JPG

Beautiful clouds. They are mostly altocumulus castellanus (castle clouds) which are some of my faves. The one in the background looks like cirrus anvil, the remains of a thunderstorm after it has rained itself out. I think I remember seeing the same clouds in some of TCD's pics from his cruise. I can't tell from the pic, but are they lined up with the shore? I assume that land would be behind you since (last I checked) the sun rises in the east and you are on the east coast. If so, they are most likely the result of the land breeze which is the alter ego of the sea breeze I was explaining in another post (sea breeze comes ashore during the morning and the land breeze goes out to sea at night). Both cause convection (clouds), but the sea breeze is generally more pronounced, and more likely to produce precipitation. I bet you've always wanted to know that! ;)

That's the weather report for tonight... and now a word from our sponsor...

I DID notice that! Sometimes they are footless. Didn't think too much of it. I've had friends with this situation. They put a bathing suit on top of the jammies to keep them on!

One of Anna's favorite pasttimes is taking off her bathing suit. I don't think that would work for her. LOL.

That's my favorite poultry picture! I'm a white meat kind of gal...

I thought you would appreciate the return of that one.

Beautiful clouds. They are mostly altocumulus castellanus (castle clouds) which are some of my faves. The one in the background looks like cirrus anvil, the remains of a thunderstorm after it has rained itself out. I think I remember seeing the same clouds in some of TCD's pics from his cruise. I can't tell from the pic, but are they lined up with the shore? I assume that land would be behind you since (last I checked) the sun rises in the east and you are on the east coast. If so, they are most likely the result of the land breeze which is the alter ego of the sea breeze I was explaining in another post (sea breeze comes ashore during the morning and the land breeze goes out to sea at night). Both cause convection (clouds), but the sea breeze is generally more pronounced, and more likely to produce precipitation. I bet you've always wanted to know that! ;)

I just thought they were purdy. :rofl3:

Mickey Bars for breakfast. Now those girls know how to vacation. More great pics. The boat looks so peaceful in the morning.

It IS peaceful. Kinda like the Fort early in the morning....another of my favorite places to be.

Meteorology was my favorite class in Junior high. I love that i am not the only one who examines and identify's clouds and weather patterns in pictures.

I didn't think it was possible, but the DIT family has moved up with major respect points in my book!

Ice cream for breakfast?

Mickey Bars no less?

You are right- that is the way it's done!

Great sunrise photos too!!!

Isn't it great to be out on the top deck with little or no other people around?

What a great way to start your day.

TCD

Meteorology was my favorite class in Junior high. I love that i am not the only one who examines and identify's clouds and weather patterns in pictures.

I took a meteorology course and loved it too. But most of my cloud identification skills came from growing up on a farm. There were two types of clouds I became most adept at identifying. The "it's gonna rain, hurry up with them maters!" clouds....and the "holy crap Hector, run for the hills, that cloud is swirling!" clouds.

I didn't think it was possible, but the DIT family has moved up with major respect points in my book!

Ice cream for breakfast?

Mickey Bars no less?

You are right- that is the way it's done!

Great sunrise photos too!!!

Isn't it great to be out on the top deck with little or no other people around?

What a great way to start your day.

TCD

Yep, I am pretty darn proud of those girls. They got it done!

If I did another cruise, I would definitely try to get up on deck even earlier one morning...to see the early light before the sun breaches the horizon. That would be just beautiful I bet.