Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

While we were eating, we got a call from Gwen on the wave phone asking if she could order some breakfast from room service for her, Emma and Stella. I said sure, go ahead.

We left the gallery and wandered back up to the rooms to check on the kids. They had received and eaten their breakfasts and were off somewhere in the ship. This is what evidence we found of their breakfast choices.

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0689.JPG

So my girls had permission to order their own breakfast from room service, and they chose Mickey Bars??!!??

I can't tell you how proud I felt at that moment.

Way to go, girls!! That, my fine Fiends, is how you cruise!! You go full throttle, morning to night, taking it all in and letting it all out. And if your breakfast craving calls for Mickey bars, you order Mickey bars!!

Flipping AWESOME!!!

So, which girl's idea was the bars?

And was that spoon for ice cream to top it off?

I took a meteorology course and loved it too. But most of my cloud identification skills came from growing up on a farm. There were two types of clouds I became most adept at identifying. The "it's gonna rain, hurry up with them maters!" clouds....and the "holy crap Hector, run for the hills, that cloud is swirling!" clouds.

Yep those would be the important ones. Lol Dave

You will notice that the feet are cut off of Anna's. That's because we have to put her to bed every night with her pajamas on backwards. Otherwise, she will wake up, strip naked, and remove her diaper...which 9 out of 10 mornings has been pooped in. I won't go further with the story, but you know where it is headed.

Dave, I had a few comments from your last update, but after this story I can't stop laughing!! :rofl2:

Anna - 1

Parents - 0 (or should that be a score of #2?)

Way to go, girls!! That, my fine Fiends, is how you cruise!! You go full throttle, morning to night, taking it all in and letting it all out. And if your breakfast craving calls for Mickey bars, you order Mickey bars!!

This. ↑ Best line of the whole report so far.

I hate that you're on your last day! But, I can't wait to hear all about it.

You've got that right!

It looks something like this:

IMG_2336.jpg

TCD

Yep. Just beautiful.

And on a side note, weren't those the most comfortable seating positions ever?? If it wasn't for the risk of having your brain microwaved, I could have sat there for hours.

Flipping AWESOME!!!

So, which girl's idea was the bars?

And was that spoon for ice cream to top it off?

I think it was Gwen's idea. And I'm guessing that the spoon and plate were used by Stella, because her ice cream always melts and falls off the stick. But I don't know that for sure.

Yep those would be the important ones. Lol Dave

Glad to know I hit it right.

Dave, I had a few comments from your last update, but after this story I can't stop laughing!! :rofl2:

Anna - 1

Parents - 0 (or should that be a score of #2?)

Eww. I'll go with 1-0. LOL.

This. ↑ Best line of the whole report so far.

I hate that you're on your last day! But, I can't wait to hear all about it.

Unfortunately....you're gonna have to wait until after the weekend. I'm going camping!

Yes. I can always stand more sunrise photos. Eggs B looks fab. Anna is precious in her jammies. I'm glad u didn't fall through the glass floor to your death.

;D

Kim, you always have had a way with words. Thank you for the heartfelt thoughts. I am also glad I didn't fall through the glass floor to my death. It would have put a damper on our last day. Not to mention all these pics would have been lost.

Wow - I've been trying to get caught up, probably the latest that anyone has joined in on a trip report!

I've been killing time and enjoying the TR Dave. You have a great family Dave, and you are blessed with some very beautiful (and classy) ladies in your family.

I'm headed back to page 23 to try and catch up!

WOW caught up again...sure miss a lot when don't get on-line for a few days. All of it is so interesting, favorites are icecream faces, sunrise pics, the day at CC and all the food pics :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have a great camping trip this weekend and looking forward to the end of this report and the start of the new one for the DC CG.

Kim, you always have had a way with words. Thank you for the heartfelt thoughts. I am also glad I didn't fall through the glass floor to my death. It would have put a damper on our last day. Not to mention all these pics would have been lost.

A way with words? H just calls it "concise and to the point." ;D I can tell u felt the love. Glad you're still alive too... poor INC would have had to fly all those younguns home by herself! OY! Losing the photos would have been bad, meaning no TR, And THAT would have been a real tragedy. :))

Enjoyed your updates!!

Yay on getting on the Funnel Vision!!

I am on team chicken rotisserie - I think it needs a better head to look like a monkey. I showed it to DD and she said "Is that a turkey?"

Loved the buffet pics - and just to reiterate - TURKEY LEGS!!!!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

That's funny that you were posting on International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Our local Dunkin Donuts was giving free donuts in the drive-thru if you talked like a pirate.

What a sweet morning with Anna. :heart:

Have fun camping this weekend! See ya on the flip side...

I took Anna to the room while the rest were waiting, so she could use the bathroom and I could change into cooler clothes. This is what greeted me.

DSCN0635.JPG

I see a monkey, but when I first saw one in our cabin I couldn't help thinking it was some kind of monkey torture, clamping the poor guy's hands to the coat hanger!

Wow - I've been trying to get caught up, probably the latest that anyone has joined in on a trip report!

I've been killing time and enjoying the TR Dave. You have a great family Dave, and you are blessed with some very beautiful (and classy) ladies in your family.

I'm headed back to page 23 to try and catch up!

Thank you Dan! Glad you finally joined in. I wasn't going to post any more updates until you chimed in. And now we can move forward again. :clint:

WOW caught up again...sure miss a lot when don't get on-line for a few days. All of it is so interesting, favorites are icecream faces, sunrise pics, the day at CC and all the food pics :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have a great camping trip this weekend and looking forward to the end of this report and the start of the new one for the DC CG.

Glad you are caught up...now I need to get moving again so you can fall behind once more.

A way with words? H just calls it "concise and to the point." ;D I can tell u felt the love. Glad you're still alive too... poor INC would have had to fly all those younguns home by herself! OY! Losing the photos would have been bad, meaning no TR, And THAT would have been a real tragedy. :))

I'm still feelin' the love.

I wouldnt worry about INC. I am sure that she would have Sven around to help out.

:banghead:

Enjoyed your updates!!

Yay on getting on the Funnel Vision!!

I am on team chicken rotisserie - I think it needs a better head to look like a monkey. I showed it to DD and she said "Is that a turkey?"

Loved the buffet pics - and just to reiterate - TURKEY LEGS!!!!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

That's funny that you were posting on International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Our local Dunkin Donuts was giving free donuts in the drive-thru if you talked like a pirate.

What a sweet morning with Anna. :heart:

Have fun camping this weekend! See ya on the flip side...

Thanks! We had a GREAT weekend....but now I'm back home and will try to post an update this evening...

I see a monkey, but when I first saw one in our cabin I couldn't help thinking it was some kind of monkey torture, clamping the poor guy's hands to the coat hanger!

Right! It IS monkey torture!!

Underwater Camera Time

After our respective breakfasts.....my Eggs Benedict, and the girls' Mickey bars, Emma and Gwen took the camera and headed to Vibe, the teen club. Vibe has its own pool for teens; although it is more an overgrown hot tub. But it is still exclusive to teens, which is pretty cool for them.

They took a bunch of underwater pics and video. Here is a sample of the types of underwater pictures they took. I share these, because afterward I will present to you some comparable pics that INC and I took later that afternoon at the adult pool, and you can tell me who takes the better underwater pictures.

DSCN0696.JPG

DSCN0699.JPG

DSCN0703.JPG

DSCN0704.JPG

DSCN0708.JPG

DSCN0706.JPG

Ok, that is what Emma and Gwen came up with.

Now here is a sample of the fine underwater photography that INC and I took. Jacque Cousteau would be proud.

DSCN0740.JPG

DSCN0741.JPG

DSCN0743.JPG

You tell me....who's rockin' out the underwater photo skills??

This picture reminds me of The Little Mermaid!

And I have to say the girls were rockin' it with the underwater camera, you guys not so much....sorry!

I'm with you - she looks like Little Mermaid!

Dave, your girls take the cake on this one! But, I must say I bet you and INC had many laughs together doing yours, too. That's what it's all about...

Before we get to our last dinner and evening on board, I have a few random pics to post of the day.

We went to Cabanas for lunch. They had schnitzel! Which along with some steak fries and fried fish made for a tasty lunch.

DSCN0724.JPG

Izzy hit the crab legs again.

DSCN0725.JPG

Stella is showing off her pizza and steak fries.

DSCN0726.JPG

I took some pictures of the interior of Cabanas, as it is a nicely decorated restaurant. Especially when you consider it is not one of the main dining rooms, but rather just a buffet for folks to come fill their stomachs.

DSCN0727.JPG

You've probably seens pics in other trip reports already of these "sand" sculptures of all the Disney Parks castles....but I liked them and took the pictures so I'm sharing them with y'all anyways.

DSCN0728.JPG

DSCN0729.JPG

DSCN0730.JPG

The ceiling of Cabanas is decorated with these cool lighted kites.

DSCN0731.JPG

This guy greets you as you get off the Aft elevators on Deck 11 to enter Cabanas.

DSCN0732.JPG

At one point that afternoon we walked to the front of the ship past the adult only area and could look down to the Vibe teen pool area on Deck 5.

DSCN0744.JPG

That brings us up to our last dinner of the cruise...at Enchanted Garden. Coming up...

I guess I am glad I have been away all weekend. By the time I get back I have almost 3 pages to catch up on and you are picking up too!!! I am with everyone else....I want to go on a Disney criuse now. Not just a cruise, it has to be a Disney cruise! Only I know I would never be able to keep that a secret. I would have Disney Cruise Countdown induced anxiety!