Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

Dave,

Yes you can use DVC points for a cruise, the only difference is that the amount of points needed are per person not per room. Some folks do not think it is a good value to use your points so some rent the points and pay cash for the trip, dut I always feel that if the points owner is happy that;s all that matter, kind of the same as if you use points for a campsite at the Fort.

Looks like you had a great time and all your girls were happy!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

Holy crap, I looked away for a few minutes and suddenly I was reading page 4!

Bring it on sir. Anyone that gets to make a surprise vacation with 6 beautiful women has the right to brag about it.

I don't read cruise TR's, I did see the movie Gwen made :thumbsup3: , she is a regular ahhhhh one of them movie guys.

ok ok, great pictures, happy birthday INC :heartsmiley: , great, funny, you're the greatest :superhero: , la dee da, ok, now will you quit calling me and leaving threatening messages, I wrote in the dang TR. :raspberry2:

Gee, thanks. The girls will be happy that Uncle Bob cared enough to post a few snarky lines in the report. You've made their day, I'm sure.

Dave,

Yes you can use DVC points for a cruise, the only difference is that the amount of points needed are per person not per room. Some folks do not think it is a good value to use your points so some rent the points and pay cash for the trip, dut I always feel that if the points owner is happy that;s all that matter, kind of the same as if you use points for a campsite at the Fort.

Looks like you had a great time and all your girls were happy!!!!!!!!!

Interesting, that makes sense.

Holy crap, I looked away for a few minutes and suddenly I was reading page 4!

Bring it on sir. Anyone that gets to make a surprise vacation with 6 beautiful women has the right to brag about it.

You mean you weren't sitting with your laptop all day yesterday waiting for updates? :rofl3:

Looks like fun so far! The lady on the plane made me laugh, looking like she was just part of the family, lol! That salad was pathetic. Loved seeing how excited your girls (all of them!) were. Can't wait to read more!

As long as photo bomb lady looks so happy being part of my family, I think she deserves a name. Any ideas?

Love the TR, love your beautiful family of sweet girls, hate INC's salad, LOVE the window decals, love that you care so much to put all this together. Excellent job, sir. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks Brandy! I'll try to get another update posted today.

I have to say that DCL does a top notch job. Now I don't have any experiences with other lines to compare to, but we were pleased. Can you use DVC points on cruises?

You can use points for the cruise but from my understanding it's not the best use of points. But I think if we ever were to go we would have do part cash, part points, because we don't have enough cash or enough points, but maybe put together we can do something!

Can't wait to hear how your girls enjoyed the trip. We took our girls on Royal Caribbean last year and they loved it. But of course, they long for a Disney cruise, like their mother ;)

I've thought the same thing. Only INC is a much younger AND prettier S.W.

Ok DAVE!!! I'm here now so stop messing around and give us an update! ;D

(Happy Belated B-Day to INC!)

That's why I said reminds ....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO INC.

we are so glad the boat didn't sink

we wonder if you got to meet tink

We hope the O'Hanna's didn't stink!

Holy crap you DO have a TR going on! Wow! It took me a while, but I"m all caught up now. I love the decals on your van. I was out running the other day and saw this sweet momma (looking not too un-like INC) parking a big ol' passenger van (not too un-like yours). I thought of you immediately and thought "What is INC doing here in the Carolinas?" Then I saw HER decals. She had 7 kid mouses and 3 pet mouses. :bugeyes:

Can't wait to see more!!!

"Nosy Rosy".

She does look like a Rose, doesn't she?

I am a little late to the party, but I'm in. You have a wonderful family and I enjoy reading your trip reports. Can't wait to read about your cruise! ^-^

Glad you are here!

They know who loves em :heart:

Uh, ok.

I think your photo bomb looks like an "Aunt Rose" too so I also vote for Nosie Aunt Rosie

Ok, so Nosie Rosie it is. Or is that Nosy Rosy??

Do you get to keep the points racked up by the "card thief"??

Apparently not. :banghead:

more updates please more updates please more updates please....

I need some entertainment here. I've henna both feet and can't move much.....

I have no idea what henna feet are, but I hope you are not in too much pain.

You can use points for the cruise but from my understanding it's not the best use of points. But I think if we ever were to go we would have do part cash, part points, because we don't have enough cash or enough points, but maybe put together we can do something!

Can't wait to hear how your girls enjoyed the trip. We took our girls on Royal Caribbean last year and they loved it. But of course, they long for a Disney cruise, like their mother ;)

I bet my girls would love any cruise at this point. Disney was great, but if we couldn't afford another DCL cruise but could afford another line we would consider it. However, I'm glad we were able to take our first cruise on DCL and hope we can do another someday. It was awesome!

I've thought the same thing. Only INC is a much younger AND prettier S.W.

Ok DAVE!!! I'm here now so stop messing around and give us an update! ;D

(Happy Belated B-Day to INC!)

I'm working on it Kim!

That's why I said reminds ....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO INC.

we are so glad the boat didn't sink

we wonder if you got to meet tink

We hope the O'Hanna's didn't stink!

That was beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye.

Holy crap you DO have a TR going on! Wow! It took me a while, but I"m all caught up now. I love the decals on your van. I was out running the other day and saw this sweet momma (looking not too un-like INC) parking a big ol' passenger van (not too un-like yours). I thought of you immediately and thought "What is INC doing here in the Carolinas?" Then I saw HER decals. She had 7 kid mouses and 3 pet mouses. :bugeyes:

Can't wait to see more!!!

And I thought we were nuts having 5 kids and 2 dogs. But I guess at this point what's another 2 kids and a dog?

Adventure Planking

In the morning, we got up and had some coffee in the room, and waited for my parents to arrive. They live in the Villages and were driving down to meet us for breakfast before we headed to the Port.

There was a Cracker Barrel right by the hotel so we went there to eat. I took no pics of our breakfast...if you've seen one CB breakfast you've seen them all.

Anna kept busy playing with the iPad.

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0052.JPG

Stella kept busy stacking the little creamers.

DSCN0048.JPG

I'd say Anna got the better end of that deal.

The girls were pretty excited about the cruise and just wanted to get through breakfast.

DSCN0053.JPG

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0056.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

My Mom and INC.

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0059.JPG

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0065.JPG

We said our goodbyes to Nana and Grampa and then loaded back into the minivan for the short drive to Port Canaveral.

We hadn't even been on the road long enough for anyone to complain about having to use the potty, and we saw this in the distance.

DSCN0066.JPG

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0068.JPG

DSCN0069.JPG

The ship is so impressive when you are driving up to it. My girls had never been close to a cruise ship before, and they couldn't believe how HUGE they are!

This picture shows the DCL terminal and parking deck in front of the ship.

DSCN0070.JPG

DSCN0071.JPG

We pulled in to the check in gate, and they directed us to the area next to the terminal where you unload your luggage. A porter took our bags, which had been tagged with the luggage tags DCL sent to us a few weeks earlier (and I had to hide from INC), and then we parked the van.

Before walking into the terminal, Gwen wanted to get some video for a series of "planking" videos she and her cousins make called "Adventure Planking". She asked if she could climb on top of the van. There is no way I would ever let someone climb on top of one of our vehicles at home...but you can draw two important lessons from this next set of pictures.

1. When you are about to board a Disney Cruise, you will let your kids get away with things you normally wouldn't. I guess it can be blamed on temporary euphoria.

and

2. Don't ever buy a former rental car. You have no idea what people have done to it. :rofl2:

She started out just sitting.

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

DSCN0074.JPG

And then she got into her planking while one of her sisters filmed. I just snapped a couple pics.

DSCN0075.JPG

And finally a couple more poses before I pulled her down to get inside the terminal.

DSCN0077.JPG

DSCN0078.JPG

Coming up....we head inside the terminal to check in, and take the obligatory mouse ear pictures in front of the gangway.

That is one big footed hijack... blame Judy. She asked for it.

Henna is an art form used in African and Indian (not the Native American kind) to decorate ones body. I used a pre-cut stencil to do my feet but can (though out of practice) do simple henna designs on other people. Depending on the area of body done, depends on the length of time it lasts.

Mostly I use it to semi permanently write my phone numbers on my children's arms when going to places like WDW. As it literally stains the skin, your child can't be taken into the bathroom and have it scrubbed off.