Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

Can't believe I missed this TR until now -- just read through it and thought of a bunch of things to remark on...and now I'm at the end and forgot most of them. My old brain.

LOVED the photo of Anna gazing up at you -- that's amazingly adorable. And the planking vid? HILARIOUS. Absolutely love the Japanese over-dub; cracked me up completely.

Glad to be "on board" for the rest of this TR. Really enjoying it so far!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

Very nice!!

Thanks Carol!

This is a RIOT!!!

Is it still planking if you're in bed? If so, I plank every night.

I think the elevator bit would have been even better if she'd "elfed" the buttons (a la Buddy in the movie Elf).

I love how Anna just gets into planking position like it's nothing. I guess she's had pretty good training.

Anna is a little copy cat!

That reply gave me a sensory overload. ;D I don't think an ipad or a Nexus 7 will be an issue for me. I'll be lucky to even get a Kindle Fire. :))

Great Pics going on in this TR! I"ve been blinded by cuteness!!! 8)

The crablegs made me hungry.

The Adventure Planking: Cruise Edition made me.... :rofl2: :rofl3:

Enjoying the report a ton DAve!

Glad you are reading along Kim! Sorry to make you hungry. But happy to make you laugh.

Love the planking video!!

Gwen is happy y'all like the video!

Holy cow, another awesome cruise TR.

1) what an awesome happy family - Yay,

2) baked buffalo wings - Boo with Yuk chaser

3) Cool Mickey stickers on the van -Yay with a side of jealously

4) The pic looking straight down from the gangway........Cool......wait.....stomach in throat........way too high.........get me a rolaid

LOL! Sorry about the gangway pic. I could seriously develop some vertigo on that ship. And thanks about the Mickey stickers...they have been Father's day presents over the past few years. We figure that if you have to drive a blue breadbox, you may as well make it fun!

Love love love the video! Kudos to Gwen for getting a video done! We had great intentions on a cruise video but failed miserably. It was so fun seeing the girls (and you!) having so much fun on such a great ship!

Looking forward to the next installment!

Gwen did another video of the entire cruise that is pretty awesome. I won't post it here, as it is not only 30 minutes long but it also has references to our full names and there are numerous "guests" that are always reading trip reports here. I'm not the most cautious person online...probably should be more so. But the idea of putting a video of my daughters on an open forum with full names is probably not too smart. However, I'll link to it on FB for those of you who may be interested. If you aren't my FB friend and are registered here, send me a PM and we'll try to find each other over there.

Loved the video. Can't wait to show my girls. I think I may have woke someone up I was laughing too loud, LOL!! You have me wanting to postpone a cruise next year to save the extra $$$ for a DD cruise. Love the TR

Sorry to wake up your family.

Can't believe I missed this TR until now -- just read through it and thought of a bunch of things to remark on...and now I'm at the end and forgot most of them. My old brain.

LOVED the photo of Anna gazing up at you -- that's amazingly adorable. And the planking vid? HILARIOUS. Absolutely love the Japanese over-dub; cracked me up completely.

Glad to be "on board" for the rest of this TR. Really enjoying it so far!

Thanks Kate! I love that pic of Anna too.

Darn that Autocorrect!

LOL!

Great video!! That looks like so much fun, I'm going to start planking everywhere in honor of Gwen!

I love Stella's version in bed also.

Great Job Gwen and cast!

Thanks Stef. If you were to plank, would we be able to tell?

Wow.

I don't even know where to begin.

I loved the video.

I kept hoping for a cameo by Mr. Finger's Hot Brother (I think that was his name).

Great job on this report, Dave.

It's hard to believe that the ship hasn't even sailed yet!

TCD

LOL! I can't believe you remember Mr. Fingers Hot Brother. That was a classic.

So far it's smilieOutstanding.gif can't wait for the rest...

Thanks Dave! more coming up later....

When we last left off, prior to the Adventure Planking sidetrack, we had finished our first meal on the ship...a buffet lunch at Cabanas. At this point it was time for us to make our way to Deck 7 to check out our staterooms.

We had booked 2 connecting Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms. These rooms had very large portholes you could sit it. We could have booked two Verandah rooms for a bit less money as Disney was offering a deal on those...but as Anna's nickname these days is Houdini, I wouldn't have been able to relax with those rooms. As it turns out we loved our rooms.

This picture will give you an idea of how big the portholes are.

DSCN0139.JPG

This lucky person was parked outside the ship. Probably spent time at the Fort before or after the cruise!

DSCN0137.JPG

These guys were power washing the ship outside our rooms, and they had fun spraying water at the kids.

DSCN0140.JPG

DSCN0141.JPG

I had made some magnetic decorations for our stateroom doors.

DSCN0142.JPG

DSCN0143.JPG

DSCN0144.JPG

DSCN0145.JPG

DSCN0147.JPG

The last one is where I got the name of this trip report from.

We met Sana, our stateroom host, and I asked him if I could get some ice (for the sangria). He kept our icebucket filled the entire trip, and also left me a bottle opener for my Red Stripes. :jumpforjoy

After settling into our rooms, we went to the open house at the Oceaneers Club, which is the kids club onboard for ages 3-12. This place was amazing! Unfortunately we did not use it much at all.

DSCN0148.JPG

Some more planking...

DSCN0149.JPG

Andy's Room...

DSCN0151.JPG

DSCN0152.JPG

DSCN0153.JPG

We had preregistered the little ones and they had their wrist bands to use the clubs. Stella never did want to go in. Anna REALLY wanted to go in. The CM's in the clubs are awesome, and they encouraged us to let Anna play a bit. Over the course of the cruise we did let Anna go in twice. She LOVED it. But unfortunately, even though she is potty trained, I think the overstimulation and the lack of "reminders" to use the potty combined to cause her to have accidents. So we didn't use it again. Maybe next time.

After checking out the Oceaneers Club, we came upon the starting point for this.

DSCN0156.JPG

If you ever take a Disney Cruise and have kids I would highly encourage this activity. They had a blast with it. There are magic pictures throughout the ship which interact with the cards you get, and the kids go around the ship solving a mystery. It was very well done, I thought.

DSCN0154.JPG

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0157.JPG

Well, at this point I think we headed up to Deck 12 to watch the Cast Off party.....coming up!

LOL! I can't believe you remember Mr. Fingers Hot Brother. That was a classic.

Are you kidding me, that finger stole the last video!

If you can post a link to it, you should- that was a great video too.

Man, those family staterooms are much bigger than the regular staterooms we had on the Dream. That extra space is nice. And so are the huge portholes.

Nice job on the magnets.

I am enjoying seeing the cruise through your eyes. Looking forward to the sail away!

TCD

Cool with the guys "spraying" the kids in the window!!! Love the stateroom door decorations!! Do we get to see more pictures of your cabin??

Believe it or not, I didn't take any pics of the staterooms as a whole. However, this pic online looks EXACTLY like the room INC and I were in...and the connecting room was a mirror image.

07-disney-dreampg-vertical.jpg

Too cute!!DSCN0141.JPG

She was laughing hysterically too!

Are you kidding me, that finger stole the last video!

If you can post a link to it, you should- that was a great video too.

Man, those family staterooms are much bigger than the regular staterooms we had on the Dream. That extra space is nice. And so are the huge portholes.

Nice job on the magnets.

I am enjoying seeing the cruise through your eyes. Looking forward to the sail away!

TCD

We were amazed at the efficient use of space in those rooms. There was a ton of storage, and the bathrooms were awesome too.

We were amazed at the efficient use of space in those rooms. There was a ton of storage, and the bathrooms were awesome too.

I forgot about the bathrooms.

Those cabins you got have a fancy shower. On our cruise, our cruisemates Frank and Nancy had one of those cabins. Frank kept telling us about how much he loved how there were two showerheads, with one in the ceiling. He got me looking in our shower, and I was trying to figure out how to turn on the showerhead in the ceiling. It turns out what I thought was a showerhead was a vent. Duh. We didn't have a fancy shower in our category 9 cabins.

TCD

Wow you get points for booking the cruise and door magnets. :jumpforjoy

Red Stripes? Wow, havn't had one of those in ages.... :clint:

When heading to the Carribean, there is something comforting about this squatty little bottle from Jamaica.

DSCN0271.JPG

I'm posting this picture out of order....extra points for the first person to tell me where this was taken...

I forgot about the bathrooms.

Those cabins you got have a fancy shower. On our cruise, our cruisemates Frank and Nancy had one of those cabins. Frank kept telling us about how much he loved how there were two showerheads, with one in the ceiling. He got me looking in our shower, and I was trying to figure out how to turn on the showerhead in the ceiling. It turns out what I thought was a showerhead was a vent. Duh. We didn't have a fancy shower in our category 9 cabins.

TCD

I assumed the showers were all the same. Those ceiling showerheads made that cruise for me! Freaking awesome! :jumpforjoy

5406008262_7f701e6e6c_z.jpg

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm laughing with you....promise....

This from the Man that came up with the TCMOG award....... :flush2:

I assumed the showers were all the same. Those ceiling showerheads made that cruise for me! Freaking awesome! :jumpforjoy

5406008262_7f701e6e6c_z.jpg

Thanks. I never made it in to Frank's shower, so I didn't know what that showerhead looked like.

You see that little white thing there to the left? That's all I had in my shower-it's just a fan (it took me a while to figure that out).

The showers in the regular cabins are much smaller than this one and aren't round. Not freaking awesome at all.

TCD

Thanks. I never made it in to Frank's shower, so I didn't know what that showerhead looked like.

You see that little white thing there to the left? That's all I had in my shower-it's just a fan (it took me a while to figure that out).

The showers in the regular cabins are much smaller than this one and aren't round. Not freaking awesome at all.

TCD

I would hope not! Not sure Nancy would like that too much.

Did Frank invite you?