Yes, I know that 40% chance of T-storms is daily occurance for Florida anytime the temperature gets over 80 degrees; but would love to see Sunny skies on the weekly weather report for next week.

Also....I know it's Disney- just enjoy!! (And I will!!).

Will someone tell me to pay no attention to the weather report- go have a good time and just go with the flow!!!

Need some reassurance. Please.

I can't tell you to pay no attention to the weather. I will say that a rainy day at wdw beats a dry sunny day at home every time. Have a terrific time, maybe keep a poncho handy & wear sandals - that way if you see a good puddle you can splash whoever's with you! :thumbsup1:

This time of year they always have a daily prediction of thunder storms.

I understand, I really do. You have spoent so much time and effort planning this trip - not to mention $$. It's hard not to stress over the weather. My advice would be to pray. Don't pray for good weather. Pray to be grateful for the chance to go no matter what the weather. Pray for good attitudes for everyone going. Pray for good memories, even if they are the ones that take a few months before you can laugh about them. Pray whenever you are tempted to check the weather, knowing that checking it won't change it. Unless there is a tropical storm or hurricane headed for FL, you are going to go, so just ignore the weather. We will let you know if anything needs to chage in your plans.

I am praying for safe travels for you!

I understand, I really do. You have spoent so much time and effort planning this trip - not to mention $$. It's hard not to stress over the weather. My advice would be to pray. Don't pray for good weather. Pray to be grateful for the chance to go no matter what the weather. Pray for good attitudes for everyone going. Pray for good memories, even if they are the ones that take a few months before you can laugh about them. Pray whenever you are tempted to check the weather, knowing that checking it won't change it. Unless there is a tropical storm or hurricane headed for FL, you are going to go, so just ignore the weather. We will let you know if anything needs to chage in your plans.

Thank you very much.....you are absolutely correct. That's what I needed- perspective.

Thank you very much.....you are absolutely correct. That's what I needed- perspective.

Perspective is fine, but what you really need is beer.

Plus...just remember, one of life's great pleasures is sitting under an awning or on the Trails End porch drinking a cup of coffee and watching the rain come down. Like you said...go with the flow.

You seriously should not pay attention to Florida weather reports.

Last week, I went to a football game. A weatherman from the local station came on the big screen and told us that while there were some storms in the area, there was only a 10% chance of rain for the game, and that weather would not be a factor. Sure enough, big storms rolled in, and they couldn't even finish the game.

This past Sunday, the weather was supposed to be terrible. I busted my hump to get some yardwork done that I really wanted to wait and do on Sunday. Sure enough, we didn't even get a drop of rain on Sunday.

The nice thing about Florida weather is that unless it's a tropical storm, we rarely have days where the weather is bad all day.

Last Halloween at the Fort, it was raining cats and dogs in the morning, but by the afternoon, it was blue skies.

So, don't stress over weather reports.

And, even if it does rain, it won't last.

TCD

Plus...just remember, one of life's great pleasures is sitting under an awning or on the Trails End porch drinking a cup of coffee and watching the rain come down. Like you said...go with the flow.

Beer available in the 300 loop. Look for the koozie's flying. And cigars lit.

Coffee, I'll take Dave's word on that.

We've been watching as well. And on those days with rain for a majority of the time, it will be park days. WHAT? you ask, well we prefer the parks in our rain jackets with lower crowds then being at the camper with the 65# lap dog stuck inside.

You seriously should not pay attention to Florida weather reports.

Absolute truth! It is pouring rain right at this moment, (Bad! Like literally ready to get into closet with Mason) but within 15 minutes the sun could be shining again.

The weathermen don't know their a$$ from their elbows 90% of the time, but even when they get it right, it doesn't last long.

Hope to meet you next week, even if it's raining! :wave1:

The weathermen don't know their a$$ from their elbows 90% of the time

Oh yes they do!!

In reality, if the weatherman says 40% chance of rain, 40% of the viewing area will receive some precipitation - if only for 30 seconds - so that makes the weatherman 100% accurate! :rofl2:

The Tampa Bay viewing area spans from Punta Gorda to Brooksville (N-S) and from the Gulf of Mexico to Eastern Polk County. That's approximately 11000 square miles!!

I too, understand completely. A couple years ago we spent 9 days at FW and Disney. Our longest vacation to date. It rained 8 of the 9 days and those 8 days it rained about 80% of the time. Worst flooding I've ever seen there. You just have to make the best of a bad situation. Go into rides/stores when it rains, take rain gear and have the best time you can. We even went swimming in the rain (no thunder/lightening). You can only get so wet.

Oh yes they do!!

In reality, if the weatherman says 40% chance of rain, 40% of the viewing area will receive some precipitation - if only for 30 seconds - so that makes the weatherman 100% accurate! :rofl2:

The Tampa Bay viewing area spans from Punta Gorda to Brooksville (N-S) and from the Gulf of Mexico to Eastern Polk County. That's approximately 11000 square miles!!

The meteorologist in me has to correct you on that one, Debbie. If there is a 40% chance of rain for a forecast area, that means that historically on days with similar meteorological conditions, 40% of the time it has rained in the past. It has nothing to do with the percent of the area that will get rain.

And now for the sports... Rick?

The meteorologist in me has to correct you on that one, Debbie. If there is a 40% chance of rain for a forecast area, that means that historically on days with similar meteorological conditions, 40% of the time it has rained in the past. It has nothing to do with the percent of the area that will get rain.

And now for the sports... Rick?

Seriously? So the forecast is on past data not on current conditions and models? But then I guess the models are built on historical data, so it all about the past..... Well damn, I learned me something today. I thought those weather people were just nuts, now I know it is the historical stuff that is nuts.

The exception is Jim "HunkaHunka" "Your going to die today" Cantore. He is just sexy deadly.

Now Rick, if you can show us some hot baseball guys in tight pants.

I can tell you this when it comes to rain at WDW...

2 of my most favorite all-time WDW memories were in the rain.

Once when I was a kid. It was February vacation and as you'd expect the place was packed all week. Until it rained! Mom and Dad threw ponchos on us and we ran around and had a blast, riding everything with little to no wait. We practically had the whole place to ourselves.

The other was just last year. SIL and I left the guys at the TT watching a football game and went to MK. It was threatening rain so I grabbed a couple of ponchos I'd packed... which just happened to have been sitting on my dryer for a couple of years (don't ask). It did indeed rain and we pulled out the ponchos. Seems they'd also been sitting on a pile of dryer sheets most of that time as they were fresh smelling and static free! :rofl2:

We had a great time in the rain, as all the "melty" people headed for cover while we enjoyed lower crowds at the attractions.

We're still chuckling about our "Bounce ponchos" and our quite hilarioius frizzy hair!

I know it's not ideal to get your parade rained on (literally), but if it does happen, try not to look at is as a big ol' disappointment. Be prepared to go with the flow and be determined to enjoy yourselves no matter what.

If nothing else you'll have all those hilarious "drowned rats" photos to chuckle over later on. 8)

Seriously? So the forecast is on past data not on current conditions and models? But then I guess the models are built on historical data, so it all about the past..... Well damn, I learned me something today. I thought those weather people were just nuts, now I know it is the historical stuff that is nuts.

The exception is Jim "HunkaHunka" "Your going to die today" Cantore. He is just sexy deadly.

Now Rick, if you can show us some hot baseball guys in tight pants.

Yep, really. Forecasting is as much of an art as it is a science. The models predict changes in. temperature, pressure and dew point (moisture content) at intervals based on really nasty looking mathematical equations (that I needed to learn how to derive from first principles, but that's another story). The models can produce weather maps based on this info, but then it is up to the meteorologist to interpret the data and prepare the forecast. There are some experimental models that attempt to do the forecast, but there still is no substitute for the human element in producing a "reliable" forecast.

And now a word from our sponsor...

Amen sister!

If JC would do his remote weather bulletins shirtless, I would believe whatever came out of his mouth, right or wrong. :clint:

When some of the grandchildren join us at the Fort I always dread the rain because they only have a few days there. But the rest of the time I love watching the rain and enjoying a cup of coffee. Just enjoy being at the Fort no matter the weather. :mh1:

If JC would do his remote weather bulletins shirtless, I would believe whatever came out of his mouth, right or wrong. :clint:

Wait...there would be words coming out of his mouth? I don't think I would even notice. :drool1:

Need some reassurance. Please.

I've got your reassurance, right here.

Put on your big boy pants, stop you're sniveling, whining, and buck it up.

The weather is what it is and it's not going to change, not even for you.

I guarantee that you're going to get wet on more than one day and it's going to be hot too.

And you're going to have to deal with Lisa, Stef, Genia, and Misty, the deadly quartet.

So get on with it, pack your bags or whatever you have to do to come down and get your Georgia butt in gear.

Oh, don't forget to pick up an apple pie or jelly donuts for me. I'm even nastier when I'm hungry.

How was that for reassurance? I'd make a great therapist, wouldn't I?

This is the most uplifting, glass half full post I have ever read! Thank you for the perspective. Our last trip was two weeks long and we only got two days of no rain. We took the moto a rainy day at Disney is better than a dry day at home. I wish I had had this post it would have made our outlook even better.

Now that there is funny I don't care who you are... Even funnier that it followed such an uplifting post.

How is this for reassurance:

As far as climate goes, FL is unique because it is a peninsula. That means that it gets dual sea breezes (from the ocean and gulf) every day. Sea breezes cause the air to rise over land near the shore every day (I won't bore you with why). These sea breezes move inland and collide, triggering thunderstorms where they meet (including the Orlando area). Most long time FL residents who live in the areas where the two air masses collide will probably be able to set their watches by the storms when they occur (about 2:00 to 3:00), even though they may not have known the cause. Since these storms are convective (caused by rising air) they are short lived, hit and miss, and won't cause a washout like frontal systems or tropical storms do. Don't fret. There may be a chance of storms, but it won't ruin your vacation. It will rain and then clear up shortly thereafter. Just take the opportunity to duck inside and grab a snack. It will be done raining by the time you are done eating.