RUMOR: Polynesian Resort Renovation

From Screamscape...

Polynesian Resort Renovation - (9/17/12) Screamscape sources tell me that the start date for the big resort-wide rehab on the Poly was pushed back from September 2012 until at least January 2013. The plan is to completely remodel each resort building top to bottom, one at a time. In addition to new room improvements they are looking to brighten up the rooms and walk-ways which are said to be a little on the dark side. While there are always rumors about a possible DVC wing addition, this seems unlikely to happen until after the Grand Floridian project is over. Speaking of which, be sure to check out this week’s new photo update of the Grand Flo as well.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm#Poly

My sources tell me that the renovation will be conducted by popping the roofs off each building, unstacking the rooms in the opposite order of how they were originally put in place, and trucking the rooms back to a US Steel facility to be remodeled. Then as the rooms are completed they will truck them back to the resort and re-stack them.

Hey, isn't that how it was supposed to be done?

My sources tell me that the renovation will be conducted by popping the roofs off each building, unstacking the rooms in the opposite order of how they were originally put in place, and trucking the rooms back to a US Steel facility to be remodeled. Then as the rooms are completed they will truck them back to the resort and re-stack them.

Just when I think I've underestimated you Dave, you surprise me.

It's common knowledge that the CR used modular construction, but it's not common knowledge that the Poly was built that way as well, kinda. The CR rooms were slid in, but the Poly rooms were stacked.

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2012/7/22/wdw-construction-polynesian-village-resort.html