POLL: When Did You First Camp At The Fort?

79 members have voted

1. 1. In What Decade Did You First Camp At The Fort?

• 1970s
    • 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s
    • 2010s
    • I've Never Camped At The Fort

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first trip was in 1977 and I was 1 1/2 years old. My second trip was in 1979 and I still have my certificate from my day at the Mouseketeer Clubhouse; which I believe was at the Contemporary Resor

1972 in a converted bread truck RV while my mom was expecting me. Back kicking and screaming the following year.

My first trip to the fort was 1985 & I was 7 yrs old.

We first camped at the Fort in 1998. Although I was the impetus for our first pop up in 1996, my wife was the far more intelligent one who made the Disney Fort connection and had me make the reservations. Back in those days, the Pennsylvania RV show was held in Harrisburg instead of it's new location in Hershey. We were walking around the show, and while I was away from her, she met up with Disney cast members... yes they use to attend the show and advertise the Fort... That night we came home and made our reservations for the first camping adventure to the Fort .

You know... we had really great trips with the pop up... Looking back it just seems like it was all so much fun.

FIrst time was spring break 1978. My dad had heard that you could camp at WDW so we stayed 3 nights there that trip. After that, he and Mom worked it into the budget so that every 2 years we could head to WDW and camp at FW for 2 weeks at spring break :jumpforjoy

In September 1999 I was able to introduce my hubby and boys to the Fort and my folks were camped in the site next to us :heart:

Our first trip was in November of 2007. We purchased our RV in September and it was, unfortunately, our first trip after our shakedown cruise which was to a very local campground for the weekend just to check stuff out. I say unfortunately because being that our first actual trip was to FW, everything else is measured by the Fort and comes up lacking.