Two Saturdays in September with TCD

Yes, Genny Cream Ale is the same as screamers. At least in my part if NY state it was.

I would have actually sat down and listened to Supertramp. Take the Long Way Home is on my ipod. That was their other hit. So I guess they were a 2 hit wonder.

Your cassette comment made me chuckle. At least you didn't say 8 track. And what kind of car was this player in? A Datsun maybe? Remember those?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will give one spoiler alert here. This video shows the coolest thing you will see in this attraction. So, if you want to be surprised when you visit, do not look. As the castmember gives her spiel,

You would have to pay me a lot more than $150 to put a picture of Scott Hamilton on my wall.

"Pete's Dragon" is one of my favorites and you should see it if you consider yourself a fan of Disney. It had an Oscar nominated original song and I feel it was a bright spot from Disney during a dec

Yes, Genny Cream Ale is the same as screamers. At least in my part if NY state it was.

I would have actually sat down and listened to Supertramp. Take the Long Way Home is on my ipod. That was their other hit. So I guess they were a 2 hit wonder.

Your cassette comment made me chuckle. At least you didn't say 8 track. And what kind of car was this player in? A Datsun maybe? Remember those?

Well, that Genessee Cream Ale was considered exotic where I lived in NJ. Like a foreign beer, which was pretty much unheard of back then.

I forgot about Supertramp's other hit- I remember that one too now that you mention it.

My cassette deck was in a VW Fastback. Fastback? That was a big lie. Of course I remember Datsuns. 280Z's were the bomb.

TCD

Time to continue on with the rest of the story.

And, I have some news that may surprise those of you who have been following along. It surprised me.

This is the end of the photos.

Remember, this was just a one day trip.

After our stop in Germany, we were pretty much full, and just made two more stops before heading out.

So, we will be wrapping up this trip report in this post.

I left off with us in the land of Deutsch.

The girls got the sausages, and I got the beer.

Time for the big reveal.

I went with the Shofferhoffer Grapefruit.

Why?

I really don't know.

It sounded interesting.

And I didn't know a thing about any of the choices.

I tried a blueberry beer once. It was from Maine, I think. It tasted like a regular beer with just a slight hint of blueberry. Very different, and I liked it. Not so much that I wanted another one.

So, I figured what the heck-the Germans are famous for their grapefruit, so I may as well give it a whirl.

And, I went with the big 22 oz glass so I could get the "free" genuine F&W plastic stein.

Guess what it tasted like?

Grapefruit juice.

Not a beer with a slight hint of grapefruit.

That beer tasted like grapefruit juice.

Good thing I like grapefruit juice.

But it's not my favorite.

However, I paid twelve bucks for that grapefruit juice, and you had better believe that I drank every drop.

Here we are enjoying our time in Germany. I kept the sausage away from my mouth for the photos so as to not disurb any of the sensitive folks who are bothered by that type of thing:

601.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

That beer you see in the photo is the one that tasted like grapefruit juice.

The Gators had a bye week on the 29th, so we didn't have to worry about keeping up with a score for them, but the FSU game against USF was going on, and my older daughter was there. The game didn't start until 7, but Twin #1's phone was telling us that the game was already over. That was weird:

602.jpg

At this point, we were all pretty full, so we skipped the next few booths as we continued around the world.

Twin #1 skipped the sausage on the pretzel roll, so she wanted one more thing.

We got her the Shrimp on the Barbie from Australia:

IMG_6633.jpg

And even though I wasn't hungry, I couldn't resist the lamb chop there:

IMG_6634.jpg

That's a lamb chop coated with vinegar potato chips. Kind of greasy.

Last stop before heading out was the dessert booth. Twin #1 tried the frozen Nesquick, which is new this year:

IMG_6635.jpg

That pretty much tasted like a Wendy's Frosty.

Twin #2 and I tried the chocolate mousse with salted caramel and chili:

IMG_6637.jpg

Check out Twin #2's face- that stuff had a wicked aftertaste. First it tasted like chocoate. Then you got the chili taste. I liked it. Twin #2 did not.

We had a long chat here with a young lady CM who was walking around with one of those brooms and dustpans. She was sweeping up all the stuff careless folks were dropping. But, she was very happy and chatty. She was in the college program, which the twins are interested in, so she told them a lot about it. They are shooting for something higher than custodial, but the custodial CM's we have talked to seem to enjoy it.

After our dessert, we were done with the Food and Wine Festival for this visit.

We had one more thing to do.

Visit the Fort.

Their were lots of Fiends there.

During the day, I had kept in touch with a few. I knew Lou had been around, but had gone back home to watch football. But, there was still a bunch at S70's site on the 400 loop. So, we hopped on a Fort bus, transfered to a purple bus, and made our way to the Settlement. We walked from there to the 400 loop. There, we ran into Stef and Trevor (along with Nate and his new girlfriend), Lil' Lisa and Bruce, Genia and Tony, Devores, Karla and Paul, and the Mayor himself even showed up. Oh, and Mason. I think that was everyone. I had never met some of these Fiends before, so that was fun. We didn't stay long, because we were planning to head back over to the MK to shut it down at 11.

After our visit, we headed to the boat via the 100 loop. I got to see Fiesty's decorations and new motorhome, but she was MIA.

When we got to the Settlement area, one of the girls asked if anyone wanted to skip the MK and head home. We would have less than an hour there, and Donnie had told us he had been over there earlier this evening and it was super busy.

So, we changed our plans.

Instead, we headed back to the WL, where I had accidentally left my car all day. Luckily, I wasn't towed, but I could have been so do as I say and not as I do and don't park there.

I got two last photos from the lobby:

605.jpg

603.jpg

And then we loaded up and headed West.

We pulled in to our driveway at 12:30 am.

And that was that.

Two Saturdays in September.

The end.

TCD

Wow! A full day, and full bellies too I'll bet. Another great report!

I love the background in the sausage photo. Epcot has such great photo ops, especially at dusk.

I'd wondered where you parked back at the beginning when you said you went to a park from the WL. I should think with all the times you visit and money you drop there, you should at least get a parking pass!

Wow! A full day, and full bellies too I'll bet. Another great report!

I love the background in the sausage photo. Epcot has such great photo ops, especially at dusk.

I'd wondered where you parked back at the beginning when you said you went to a park from the WL. I should think with all the times you visit and money you drop there, you should at least get a parking pass!

Yes, it was a great day.

Since we have AP's we get free parking at the the parks, and for a day trip, we will usually park at Epcot or DHS and use Disney transportation from there. On this trip, I decided to check out the train display, so we started at the Lodge. It wasn't busy there, so I decided to risk it and leave the car there. I intended to head back there and drive to Epcot so our car would be there when we finished our day, but we changed plans. Oh well, I'm a parking violator. Is that worse than a pool hopper?

TCD

Great TR as always. I missed the night ranger hijack, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I remember seeing them at Six Flags back in the day.

Our beer of choice back in college was Milwaukees Beast. We would get a pony keg from Brown Derby. Before arriving back at the party, we always had a couple of Busch plastic caps in the glove compartment. We'd switch them out and nobody would know the difference. Ah the college days were fun.

Yes, it was a great day.

Since we have AP's we get free parking at the the parks, and for a day trip, we will usually park at Epcot or DHS and use Disney transportation from there. On this trip, I decided to check out the train display, so we started at the Lodge. It wasn't busy there, so I decided to risk it and leave the car there. I intended to head back there and drive to Epcot so our car would be there when we finished our day, but we changed plans. Oh well, I'm a parking violator. Is that worse than a pool hopper?

TCD

Haha. Touche. But I wasn't dissing you for the parking! I think there should be a special parking spot back in the Settlement area just for TCD!

And pool hopping is much worse than taking up one measly parking spot. Never have been proud of doing it, but at least I own it. And I doubt we will do it again. We're staying at one of the non-WDW resorts that is on WDW property for our next visit. It's got a lazy river!

Great TR as always. I missed the night ranger hijack, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I remember seeing them at Six Flags back in the day.

Our beer of choice back in college was Milwaukees Beast. We would get a pony keg from Brown Derby. Before arriving back at the party, we always had a couple of Busch plastic caps in the glove compartment. We'd switch them out and nobody would know the difference. Ah the college days were fun.

Night Ranger got to play Six Flags? Wow, they were living large, huh?

The kids always laugh when I tell them the first concert I ever went to was Andy Gibb at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ. I went with some girls. I did what I had to do. The funny thing is Mrs. TCD's first concert was also Andy Gibb, but she saw him someplace in Florida.

Am I understanding you right- you put the Busch caps on the keg because that was preferred over Milwaukee's Be(a)st? I never heard of Busch brand beer in NJ. The first time I ever saw it was after I moved to Florida right after high school. I thought Busch beer was a notch below Bud. Was I wrong about that?

I have to say it ended a bit abruptly but there was so much to take in for both days. Love the look on Twin#2's face... classic.

Yeah, that sudden end surprised me too.

We didn't bother taking photos of everyone in the dark at Steph's site.

But, I know that there were some photos taken, and they may surface somewhere.

I just don't have them.

thanks for sharing the pics from storytime with Belle. Sadly we will be just missing the opening :( Good reason to go back again!!

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. When they have a new attraction like this, they often let guests in before the official opening.

Haha. Touche. But I wasn't dissing you for the parking! I think there should be a special parking spot back in the Settlement area just for TCD!

And pool hopping is much worse than taking up one measly parking spot. Never have been proud of doing it, but at least I own it. And I doubt we will do it again. We're staying at one of the non-WDW resorts that is on WDW property for our next visit. It's got a lazy river!

A lazy river! Woo Hoo!

And, don't worry about the pool hopping. I know it happens a lot more than people admit.

TCD

Props to Twin #1 for sumo butt beer tap.

Props to both twins for reminding thier "forgetful" pop.

Didn't even glance at the Grapefruit beer, but now I want to try. Hoping, Beers of the World in Savannah may have it in November.

IMHO, Busch is probably slightly "higher" in the beer world than the Beast. And maybe slightly more epensive. LOL.

Natural Light was the light beer on most taps in Clemson. But PBR was the cheapest by far. In fact, a nasty rumor floated that PBR might go out of business, almost as bad as WallStreet crashed.

Are you sure that shrimp wasn't from China? :faceplant2:

As usual, I was thrilled to see you guys. The other folks were super excited to meet you so I didn't want to "hog you" all to myself. But don't forget that you owe me a dance lesson. :)

It was great catching up with the twins though. Great young ladies!!

Enjoyed your quick report, am guessing we'll get at least one more from you during F&W. Count me in as another who has seen Night Ranger. They were the opening act for some headliner in the 80's that I went to see, just can't remember who. And I can't believe you saw Andy Gibb, 35 years ago I would have been so jealous. I really thought that one day I would be Mrs. Andy Gibb. But then I discovered Shaun Cassidy. And yes, I realize I am dating myself by revealing these secrets.

Great ending! The look on Twin #2's face is priceless.

Thanks for reading, Gwen.

It's almost time for you to go and gather the data for your next report!

Props to Twin #1 for sumo butt beer tap.

Props to both twins for reminding thier "forgetful" pop.

Didn't even glance at the Grapefruit beer, but now I want to try. Hoping, Beers of the World in Savannah may have it in November.

IMHO, Busch is probably slightly "higher" in the beer world than the Beast. And maybe slightly more epensive. LOL.

Natural Light was the light beer on most taps in Clemson. But PBR was the cheapest by far. In fact, a nasty rumor floated that PBR might go out of business, almost as bad as WallStreet crashed.

If you like grapefruit, then go for the grapefruit beer. But, I'm serious, you had better like grapefruit.

I remember when Natural Light came out. It was a long time ago. Like the '70's. Now, I see all the kids at my daughter's college walking around with their Natty Lights thinking that they are hip. Dudes, you are drinking the same beer your parents did 30+ years ago!

Are you sure that shrimp wasn't from China? :faceplant2:

As usual, I was thrilled to see you guys. The other folks were super excited to meet you so I didn't want to "hog you" all to myself. But don't forget that you owe me a dance lesson. :)

It was great catching up with the twins though. Great young ladies!!

Yes, that visit went way too quick.

I appreciate the compliment on the girls. They are good at fooling people. Trust me on that.

Enjoyed your quick report, am guessing we'll get at least one more from you during F&W. Count me in as another who has seen Night Ranger. They were the opening act for some headliner in the 80's that I went to see, just can't remember who. And I can't believe you saw Andy Gibb, 35 years ago I would have been so jealous. I really thought that one day I would be Mrs. Andy Gibb. But then I discovered Shaun Cassidy. And yes, I realize I am dating myself by revealing these secrets.

Yeah, you are dating yourself.

Did Shaun Cassidy come after Andy Gibb? I thought it was the other way around. Those Gibbs were some creepy guys.

Some day, my girls will laugh about how they had crushes on the Jonas Brothers and Justus Beaver when they come to watch them play at the Food and Wine Festival and push me around in my wheelchair.

I really thought I'd be Mrs. Wil Wheaton or Mrs. River Phoenix... does that date me too?

Yes, that dates you. But, not as bad as DVCCamper.

Nope, most definitely Mrs. Shaun Cassidy, or Leif Garrett, or Andy Gibb, or David Cassidy, or Donny Osmond!!!

David Cassidy and Donny Osmond? Those were my sisters' crushes.

Oy!

TCD

Yep, it's called Molson Brador. 6% alcohol. Good stuff. But you must have had more money in college than my buddies and I did. A good beer for us in those days was Genny Screamers.

OK, so I broke my rule and went on Urban Dictionary to see if I could find an official definition for Genny Screamers, as this is not something I ever heard of outside of this board.

I shouldn't have been surprised by the definition, considering it was Dave who brought up the term, but Genny Screamer apparently does not refer to the beer, but rather it refers to a byproduct of the beer. Here's the UD definition:

Hideous units of flatulence prevalent after drinking Genesee beer.

TCD

......Am I understanding you right- you put the Busch caps on the keg because that was preferred over Milwaukee's Be(a)st? I never heard of Busch brand beer in NJ. The first time I ever saw it was after I moved to Florida right after high school. I thought Busch beer was a notch below Bud. Was I wrong about that?

TCD

You are correct.

I'm surprised u hadn't heard of Busch while in NJ. As I recall from my time there, I thought there was a big Anheuser Busch brewery (or major distributor) near the airport. Although I'm not sure when it popped up. Maybe Busch is more regional. Cost wise, it was somewhere between Bud and the beast.

Did Shaun Cassidy come after Andy Gibb? I thought it was the other way around. Those Gibbs were some creepy guys.

Some day, my girls will laugh about how they had crushes on the Jonas Brothers and Justus Beaver when they come to watch them play at the Food and Wine Festival and push me around in my wheelchair.

I started to doubt my memory so I looked it up. Andy Gibb had his first album out in 1976, which i played constantly, and Shaun Cassidy appeared on The Hardy Boys in 1977. So I guess my crush on Andy was short lived. And for the record that would have made me ten years old!

I will be with you when the Jonas Brothers play at F&W. I have taken my daughters to see them twice and they were by far the loudest concerts I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot. I have never heard girls scream like that in my life. Probably similar to your Andy Gibb experience.

OK, so I broke my rule and went on Urban Dictionary to see if I could find an official definition for Genny Screamers, as this is not something I ever heard of outside of this board.

I shouldn't have been surprised by the definition, considering it was Dave who brought up the term, but Genny Screamer apparently does not refer to the beer, but rather it refers to a byproduct of the beer. Here's the UD definition:

Hideous units of flatulence prevalent after drinking Genesee beer.

TCD

Yes, but it specifically relates to Genny Cream Ale...or at least it did where I grew up. The regular Genny beer didn't apply.

Yes, but it specifically relates to Genny Cream Ale...or at least it did where I grew up. The regular Genny beer didn't apply.

Same here. For whatever reason, regular Genny wasn't looked down upon as badly as the Cream Ale was. Probably because all of our Dads drank it and we didn't want to be disrespectful! ​yeah, right…….

Never heard of farts being referred to as "units". Funny!