Biergarten - Germany Pavilion, Epcot

TIPS= To Insure Proper Service.

A typical person tips 15-20% of the total bill for good service.

Biergarten adult lunch. $ 28.00 each. = $ 56.00

One liter pilsner. $ 13.00 each. = $ 13.00

Glass of wine for the Mrs. (optional)= $ 11.00

Free 1/2 liter of Weiss beer (if pd for) = $ 7.50

2 adult one day passes to Epcot. =$189.58

Total bill. = $277.08

Tip. = $ 50.00

Percentage tipped for good service. 18%

So please explain to me why she's upset?

Sounds like you had a great time.

If anything the waitress should be upset with you for tipping her only 18%.

Is she mad because you were being cheap?

I would never tip based on my park entrance fee. That is completely unrelated expense. I figure the meal cost, at the time which was several years ago, somewhere around 40 bucks. That means I tipped the waitress who did nothing more than bring me a beer and clear some dishes, more than I paid for the meal. I may be unique (or cheap), but I never tip as high for a buffet as I do for table service, and I would never tip over 100% for any meal, regardless of the service. So even at the above rates, the meal would have come to 87 bucks, and at 20% that would be $17.40. And that is why she is upset and I am banned for life.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna have a different vote here. I "like" Biergarten, but I don't "love" it. I was raised on GREAT German food from my grandmother, and we have a REALLY GOOD German restaurant in Huntsville tha

Okay, here we go. Pull up a chair, kiddies. My wife and I went for lunch one day. It was hot, and I was thirsty so I ordered a large beer. For those who have never been to the Biergarten, the l

TIPS= To Insure Proper Service.

A typical person tips 15-20% of the total bill for good service.

Biergarten adult lunch. $ 28.00 each. = $ 56.00

One liter pilsner. $ 13.00 each. = $ 13.00

Glass of wine for the Mrs. (optional)= $ 11.00

Free 1/2 liter of Weiss beer (if pd for) = $ 7.50

2 adult one day passes to Epcot. =$189.58

Total bill. = $277.08

Tip. = $ 50.00

Percentage tipped for good service. 18%

So please explain to me why she's upset?

Sounds like you had a great time.

If anything the waitress should be upset with you for tipping her only 18%.

Is she mad because you were being cheap?

Hey, do you tip in theme park restaurants on the price of the meal INCLUDING park admission?  If so I need to get a job waiting tables at WDW.  Remove the admission from your example, and the tip was 57%.  :rofl3:

Or maybe she's mad because she couldn't figure out the tip and you did.

Tutorial on figuring out tip.

Ex bill = $64.00

Step 1. Move decimal point one number to the left

( $64.00. = $6.40). This equals 10%

Double this number to equal 20%.

$6.40 x 2= $12.80. Or 20% tip.

For 15%. Take the 10% figure and divide by 2.

( $6.40 / 2 = $3.20 or 5%)

Now take the 10% and add it to the 5% to equal 15%

( $6.40 + $3.20 = $9.60 or 15%)

I know it's difficult but with a little practice you'll get it.

Thank you and have beautiful day. Except for Lou. I want Lou to have a magical day filled with pixie dust and lollipops.

Or maybe she's mad because she couldn't figure out the tip and you did.

Tutorial on figuring out tip.

Ex bill = $64.00

Step 1. Move decimal point one number to the left

( $64.00. = $6.40). This equals 10%

Double this number to equal 20%.

$6.40 x 2= $12.80. Or 20% tip.

For 15%. Take the 10% figure and divide by 2.

( $6.40 / 2 = $3.20 or 5%)

Now take the 10% and add it to the 5% to equal 15%

( $6.40 + $3.20 = $9.60 or 15%)

I know it's difficult but with a little practice you'll get it.

Thank you and have beautiful day. Except for Lou. I want Lou to have a magical day filled with pixie dust and lollipops.

Ray, I completely understand the mathematical formulae involved in figuring out a tip. I also know how to put on a shirt, but I remember being entertained for a good half hour in college as I watched my roomie try to do just that after a few too many.

I would never tip based on my park entrance fee. That is completely unrelated expense. I figure the meal cost, at the time which was several years ago, somewhere around 40 bucks. That means I tipped the waitress who did nothing more than bring me a beer and clear some dishes, more than I paid for the meal. I may be unique (or cheap), but I never tip as high for a buffet as I do for table service, and I would never tip over 100% for any meal, regardless of the service. So even at the above rates, the meal would have come to 87 bucks, and at 20% that would be $17.40. And that is why she is upset and I am banned for life.

Of course you wouldn't tip on the park admission. Don't you recognize sarcasm when you read it? Lol

I was trying to get you unbanned.

I figured if you took Mrs. FWG out to a nice dinner with a nice bottle of wine she might buy that explanation and allow you back in the biergarten.

Hey, do you tip in theme park restaurants on the price of the meal INCLUDING park admission?  If so I need to get a job waiting tables at WDW.  Remove the admission from your example, and the tip was 57%.  :rofl3:

Dave! Really?

You can't recognize when a guy is trying to help out another guy.

Us guys have to try to help each other out of these kind of jams.

Of course you wouldn't tip on the park admission. Don't you recognize sarcasm when you read it? Lol

I figured if you took Mrs. FWG out to a nice dinner with a nice bottle of wine she might buy that explanation and allow you back in the biergarten.

This is some serious business around ol' FWGuy's house. It is a subject I don't even dare approach to this day. I have split from her at world showcase and sent her shopping while I enjoyed a sausage and a beer at the outdoor counterservice there, but it is the closest I have come to Biergarten. I think the last time I was there I saw the waitress we had in the doorway waving me in, but I turned and quickly walked away.

Darn it Ray!  I already quit my job and am planning my move to Orlando.  You were joking??

I am thinking of incorporating the 600 bucks I pay in gas to get to WDW into the formula for tipping.

Ray, I completely understand the mathematical formulae involved in figuring out a tip. I also know how to put on a shirt, but I remember being entertained for a good half hour in college as I watched my roomie try to do just that after a few too many.

Did you read the first line of that post?

I said "she".

Turn it around on her for being sober and not figuring out the tip. You can't be held responsible for your actions after 1.5 liters of beer. For over tipping.

Again, I'm just trying to help you out.

This is some serious business around ol' FWGuy's house. It is a subject I don't even dare approach to this day. I have split from her at world showcase and sent her shopping while I enjoyed a sausage and a beer at the outdoor counterservice there, but it is the closest I have come to Biergarten. I think the last time I was there I saw the waitress we had in the doorway waving me in, but I turned and quickly walked away.

Sorry man. Didn't know it was so serious. Maybe if we are there at the same time ill sneak you out a liter of beer. I always have a back pack with me.

I don't know what you pigs are talking about.  The dirndl brings me back to my childhood...my grandma cooking schnitzel in a cast iron skillet on the farm while my brother, sister and I enjoyed some homemade kuchle.  That is the memory a dirndl brings to me. 

Das ist meine Geschichte und ich bleibe dabei.

I knew what a dirndl was, but then again I have a German Clothing Store in my neighborhood,   I'm told that they are quite well known.  I'll leave the link, but they have everything you need for an Oktoberfest...

http://www.ernstlicht.com/

Hey, I've been there!

I knew what a dirndl was, but then again I have a German Clothing Store in my neighborhood,   I'm told that they are quite well known.  I'll leave the link, but they have everything you need for an Oktoberfest...

http://www.ernstlicht.com/

Wow, dirndls are expensive!