• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to add that I had a Spaten Oktoberfest draft tonight at dinner and it was delicious.

I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at

As much as I would like to edit the OP's post, I resist with all my might because of the fact that this is a community run forum. This means that we police ourselves here. Being that the OP was very

TCD makes a great point that those of us that have been around the block a time or 2 have seen enough shenanigans to throw the b.s. flag when someone posts and runs with just enough information to stir things up, but not giving enough facts for people to weigh and make up their own minds.

Since FF.net started not so long ago, we've already run into a few instances of some GC companies pulling some nonsense to promote themselves without being completely up front about who they were.

So there's plenty of history to be skeptical about something like this.

If the OP comes back on and gives us more details and answers a few questions as has been suggested, I'm willing to give him/her the benefit of the doubt that there might possibly be something to this. But honestly, the closing comments in their post didn't really suggest they intend to do that so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That said, it's still hard to give too much weight to one anonymous complaint vs dozens of positive reviews over many years (and my own personal experience).

Bottom line for me is that even IF what the OP says is 100% true, anyone doing business like this should be asking up front what the cancellation policy is to be sure they're ok with it before they give their credit card number. IF it really is as described, then sure, it would have been nice had Kenny cut this person some slack, but he certainly wasn't required to do so. And if that means this person will not recommend Kenny because of this one thing, that's certainly his/her choice, although I doubt it will change many(any) minds here, especially amongst those of us that have rented from Kenny many times now.

Hi!

I'm new here, and this is the first post I read.

Every January, (since 2004) my Mom in her 80's, Sister, brother and myself (all adults) drive to Florida to bring Christmas to my cast member brother and his cast member wife.

We plan our itinerary to have 2 days in the parks, then 2 nights in a cabin at Fort Wilderness, then back to my brother and sister-in-laws home, with 2-3 more days in the parks before driving back to cold northern Illinois.

While at the Fort, we rent a golf cart and spend our time there enjoying the Fort. Maybe some of you have seen us playing board games at a table on the beach!! (We are there the first 2 weeks of January.)

We were trying to decide whether or not to rent a cart this year or not, it is expensive, and we may have to rent 2 carts, because one or both of my brothers (20 something) kids may join us. Last year, we were fortunate to be able to rent the 6 person cart that Disney has, but no guarantee we could get it again this year. We saw Tee Time mentioned on another forum, so we are renting from them this year.

I hope what the original poster wrote is not true.

This is just my perspective.

I think it's more a question of tact and the facts. It is distasteful to sign on to a forum like this and just post negative comments or even an ad to sell something in your first and only post. The poster didn't ask for help just left that post. I didn't read other's comments to closely and went out to check his member stats. Upon that I decided to give it a down arrow which alerts Jen & Chris that something is up.

Not to mention the hornets nest that has been stirred up. Someone could have joined just to start a mess ...

I would like to ask all of us.... myself included. Let's please remember that it is often hard without seeing someone face or listening to the tone of their voice to misinterpret their intent.

edited to fix an error

It sure is. Great reminder.

You all have way more experience with this stuff and your intuition is good.

OK, I get it.

As a newer member, you have a different perspective from some who were around when there were lots of people creating false screen names and posting just to stir up trouble.

I see a post like the original post differently from how you see it. I don't see it as some innocent new person trying to do everyone a favor. I see it as someone with a very clear agenda to smear a reputable business with a vague hit and run post.

I jumped in early to say BS (in as nice a way as I can). Posts like this have happened before. And the circumstances of this one are a lot like previous ones- a new poster joins, seems to know that Kenny has a good reputation here, and immediately smears Kenny's name and says, in so many words, that he is dishonest. The story doesn't make sense, so I say BS.

I believe in treating others the way I would like to be treated too. It's a good rule. That's why it's called the Golden Rule. Did the OP do that?

What was the OP's intent?

That seems pretty clear- to tell us, that "Tee Time isn't a good deal and I will never use them again nor will I recommend them to any of my clients."

I want to know when this allegedly happened and what efforts there were made to resolve the issue, and also, what the heck the OP is talking about- did he or she get charged for a three week rental even though he or she cancelled 12 days before? I don't believe that for a minute.

Of course, I doubt we will ever know, because I doubt we will ever hear from the OP again. The usual scenario is that we will now hear from some other new member recommending another golf cart company, or perhaps, another new member (who may have the same IP address as the first new member) confirming what the first new member said.

I call BS.

TCD

I understand and definitely see what you and everyone else is saying. And, when this thread was only 3 or 4 posts long, didn't know this had happened before. But you all picked up on it right away.

I don't think we were necessarily FrIENDLY (and maybe rightfully so). It could just be a pot stirring troll (oh wait that is me) or even worse another business trying to harm another (we have seen it) or it could be someone who had a legitimate issue and was trying to warn others. I know that many here have used Kenny in the past and had great experiences. I think one thing that I have learned from this and an issue I saw at the other board is make sure you know what the policies are (deposit/cancellation/damage/etc.) You should have it in writing because it protects both parties. Maybe the OP will come back and post some more and in other areas or maybe they won't, but to be honest this is still a mostly anonymous message board (or some may view it as that). At the same time this board is more than that to a lot of people. These are FrIENDS and aquaintances that we get togther with and enjoy being around.

Good points, great advice. And if the OP is a competitor trying to hurt Kenny's business, he will show his colors eventually. His reputation is too good and cannot be ruined by one dishonest person.

Everyone has good points. I just want to say however Kenny is not a site sponsor and he doesn't advertise here. He does however give good service for many many years

Exactly! And thank you for correcting me, didn't realize that.

Welcome applegrrl3!!

Sorry this had to be the first post you read. I'm sure if you start browsing around you'll find there's a whole lot more good, fun, FrIENDly stuff going on here. :)

We've rented from Kenny for 3 weeks every year for the past 5 years (latest being Oct/Nov 2011) and have 2 carts booked with him this coming November too. We've had nothing but great service every time and I'm confident that we will again this year.

I hope you'll stick around and join in the fun!

Hi!

I'm new here, and this is the first post I read.

Every January, (since 2004) my Mom in her 80's, Sister, brother and myself (all adults) drive to Florida to bring Christmas to my cast member brother and his cast member wife.

We plan our itinerary to have 2 days in the parks, then 2 nights in a cabin at Fort Wilderness, then back to my brother and sister-in-laws home, with 2-3 more days in the parks before driving back to cold northern Illinois.

While at the Fort, we rent a golf cart and spend our time there enjoying the Fort. Maybe some of you have seen us playing board games at a table on the beach!! (We are there the first 2 weeks of January.)

We were trying to decide whether or not to rent a cart this year or not, it is expensive, and we may have to rent 2 carts, because one or both of my brothers (20 something) kids may join us. Last year, we were fortunate to be able to rent the 6 person cart that Disney has, but no guarantee we could get it again this year. We saw Tee Time mentioned on another forum, so we are renting from them this year.

I hope what the original poster wrote is not true.

First of all, welcome! I found this site when searching for GC companies, too!

I have rented from Kenny quite a few times and have had great experiences each time.

Last time, our battery died and he had a new cart on our site within an hour. And it turned out that it was my fault it died - I hadn't been connecting it properly at night - but he didn't question me or charge me anything.

Speaking of charging, his rates are much lower than the Fort cart rentals, and his carts come with rain covers (not sure on the 6 person, but the 4 person ones do).

:insanity: Applegrrl3 there is lots of info around here. Don't forget to stop by the introduction thread. If you have questions feel free to ask away. I have not rented a golf cart from anyone (other than at the golf course) so I don't have anything to add other than as with any business get it in writing. Many here have used Kenny (and highly recommend him) and I checked his prices myself and they are definitely cheaper than renting from Disney.

I will have to add, that I have read good things about Kenny, and his customer service on several other forums, so I don't believe what the original poster wrote, unless I know it as fact.

The OP is Welcome and I hope He or She post more.

I know those of us that have seen some online shenanigans tend to be very skeptical, but the other possible scenario is that there was simply a misunderstanding or some glitch in communication between the OP and Tee Time/Kenny.

In other words, possible that OP was upset at having their card charged (I would be) and posted here very quickly before having a chance to follow up and see if things could be sorted out.

In that regard, I'm with Discamper in hoping that OP comes back and gives us an update on the situation.

FYI....i just spoke to Kenny who I have absolutelyno reason to doubt because he has been excellent with me at every turn.

The poster was refunded 100% even though they waited to cancel right before the cart wasto be delivered.

Maybe the poster forgot to cancel earlier? Doesnt matter they either got a full refund or the credit card company is processing the card refund/credit. What more could you want?

If it was my company, there would definitely be some sort of cancellation fee if you wait to cancel when I am prepared to deliver the cart.

Anyway, i think it is safe to close the book on this hogwash and Kenny will remain my go to guy for cart rentals! I have one reserved for February and will continue to use his service.

FYI....i just spoke to Kenny who I have absolutelyno reason to doubt because he has been excellent with me at every turn.

The poster was refunded 100% even though they waited to cancel right before the cart wasto be delivered.

Maybe the poster forgot to cancel earlier? Doesnt matter they either got a full refund or the credit card company is processing the card refund/credit. What more could you want?

If it was my company, there would definitely be some sort of cancellation fee if you wait to cancel when I am prepared to deliver the cart.

Anyway, i think it is safe to close the book on this hogwash and Kenny will remain my go to guy for cart rentals! I have one reserved for February and will continue to use his service.

Thank you Aaron.

There are two sides to every story.

In this case one side was false.

And mailicious.

Good bye troll.

TCD

Great minds, Aaron! Brian talked to Kenny today too. :)

I didn't know if Kenny wanted us speaking for him, so I didn't say anything earlier (hence my last, kinda vague post), but since the cat's out of the bag.... 8)

Apparently the issue was that Kenny says he never received notice of the OP cancelling their reservation. I don't know the whys/hows of how that was communicated or what failed there, but that was at the heart of the problem. I took from the OP's post that he'd actually talked to someone at Tee Time, but now it doesn't sound like that was the case. Or if it was, someone there dropped the ball and didn't relay the message. In any case, a case of miscommunication (or lack of communication), nothing more sinister.

Kenny's system is setup so that the credit card is automatically charged when you hit your "reservation date." Since Kenny wasn't aware of the cancellation, the card was charged the full amount of the reservation on that date. To be clear, this wasn't a cancellation fee, this was the full amount of the reservation. Brian forgot to ask what his actual cancellation policy is, but I think it's fair to say that it is NOT 100%.

He also told Brian he was taking care of the situation today and was very surprised that someone had posted this first thing this morning, as he didn't even talk to any of the parties involved until later in the day.

I'm glad to hear things are sorted out, but I wish the OP had come back to tell us that instead of leaving us hanging with a "Kenny sucks" message.

However I do think it's more than a little strange that someone noticed their credit card has been charged for something they think is unfair, and instead of immediately contacting the person that charged them, they create an account on a random message board and fire off a post claiming this particular vendor's policies are no good. And then once things are actually sorted out, they don't bother to come back and let people know that they were mistaken and that the vendor in fact took care of them and rectified the problem.

Things that make you go hmmm...... 8)

Oh well.... life goes on.

I just want to add that I had a Spaten Oktoberfest draft tonight at dinner and it was delicious.

Up arrow for Jim!

Ditto!!

And another geniaism, I couldn't get Spatan out when were beer shopping earlier this season. So it is now "Sputnik" beer. And that was prior to consuming said beer.

I have many more of these, but after 10 years Tony knows what I mean. Thankfully. Or at least he acts like he does. :clint: