• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to add that I had a Spaten Oktoberfest draft tonight at dinner and it was delicious.

I wanted to take a moment out and advise people to please make sure who you are doing business with and the terms of doing business with this entity. I had planned a long three weekend camping trip at

As much as I would like to edit the OP's post, I resist with all my might because of the fact that this is a community run forum. This means that we police ourselves here. Being that the OP was very

24+ hours later and OP hasn't returned. I would have liked to get some more info.

Don't hold your breath, Jeff.

The OP isn't going to come back.

He or she misrepresented the facts, and his or her only agenda was to spread false information about Kenny.

That much is clear.

What is not clear is why. Either the person is stupid, or a competitor, or probably both.

We will never know. We have seen this before, and, unfortunately, we will see it again.

TCD

Don't hold your breath, Jeff.

The OP isn't going to come back.

He or she misrepresented the facts, and his or her only agenda was to spread false information about Kenny.

That much is clear.

What is not clear is why. Either the person is stupid, or a competitor, or probably both.

We will never know. We have seen this before, and, unfortunately, we will see it again.

TCD

Folks that have been on the boards for awhile have a "spidey" sense to detect this kind of stuff. There are signs and nuances that either increase or detract from the posters credibility.

Matter of fact, check out my screen name. A lot of folks think its in reference to some scary or nefarious character from a murder mystery. Others have assumed its some sort of coded or trickery for a Mickey reference (ie Yensid). In fact, it's loosely translated from Latin, and means "let the reader beware." Who knows if I have any clue about what the hell I'm typing about. Everything I read on the Internet ranks high on the BS meter. As I read more from regular sources, they improve on the BS compendium. For instance, some of the folks on here have 1000's of posts which greatly add to the creditability in my mind. While someone who creates an id, posts something bad, and goes offline in a minutes is only good for a giggle/snicker.

How the OP chooses to build their credibility is up to them. However, Kenny has established his credibility in repeated business dealings and member referrals. I'm using him again,on my next trip

How the OP chooses to build their credibility is up to them. However, Kenny has established his credibility in repeated business dealings and member referrals. I'm using him again,on my next trip

And, I hope everyone who reads this thread all the way through does the same.

There was one more thing I meant to say to the OP.

Even though he or she is a coward and will never log on here again, I have no doubt that he or she will come back to lurk and read.

The OP claims to be a travel agent.

If that is true, then he or she knows the importance of word of mouth referrals. Which makes what he or she did even more despicable.

Well shawndb, you know what they say about karma, right?

Good luck to you.

TCD

I have never done business with Kenny but I have met him and spoken with him when he helped out another Fiend who was having problems with his personal cart. Not only did Kenny deliver the needed part but he only charged for the part itself and no delivery charge. To top it off, he had one of his techs talk the fiend through the repair process. There was nothing in it for Kenny. Not one thing!

Kenny is a gem & I refer people to him all the time. Kenny can use the business and people benefit from his fair rental prices. It's a win-win situation.

So IMHO the OP is a troll.jpg

I quoted the original post in case it disappears or gets edited.

Well, since the OP didn't go and post personal information, like his or her phone number, email address or physical address, there really is no need to edit it, now is there?

Since I have personally dealt with Kenny on numerous occasions for multiple things, it would be interesting to know the "rest of the story." It certainly sounds like there should be one in this case.

However, we may never know from the OP in this case, things that make you go hmmmmm.

I may incur the wrath of Jen but I am giving this one a down arrow. I don't believe you should join our board and post negative stuff in your first and only post.

no wrath here, the down arrows are for legitimate concerns, not a pissing contest ;)

First, it was not my intent to cause such a stir and frankly I could have just read the posts and leave them at that. However, I feel that I need to set the record straight and then I will leave this forum and this site for good as I don't need to be ganged up and bashed.

Second, I want to issue an apology to Tee Time. At this point the issue has been rectified. From my prospective I sent an email to cancel my reservation and that same evening they charged my credit card. It appeared they went a head and charged my card (10 days prior to camping trip to start) in full in response to my cancellation.

Third, yes I did read read the post on this site. And yes I expected a cancellation penalty of 30%. I'm not child and I am not stupid!

Now, I realize that not all of the posts were lashing out at me and my post. Some were understanding. Others offered advice. But at the same time others questioned my motives and insulting. I see that too much in this world to come to a forum where its purpose is to promote free exchange of ideas only to be lashed out at.

Thank you, and again, my apologies to Tee Time.

First, it was not my intent to cause such a stir and frankly I could have just read the posts and leave them at that. However, I feel that I need to set the record straight and then I will leave this forum and this site for good as I don't need to be ganged up and bashed.

Second, I want to issue an apology to Tee Time. At this point the issue has been rectified. From my prospective I sent an email to cancel my reservation and that same evening they charged my credit card. It appeared they went a head and charged my card (10 days prior to camping trip to start) in full in response to my cancellation.

Third, yes I did read read the post on this site. And yes I expected a cancellation penalty of 30%. I'm not child and I am not stupid!

Now, I realize that not all of the posts were lashing out at me and my post. Some were understanding. Others offered advice. But at the same time others questioned my motives and insulting. I see that too much in this world to come to a forum where its purpose is to promote free exchange of ideas only to be lashed out at.

You gotta admit, shawndb, when somebody joins a forum and their first post is critical of something, then they drop out of sight, it sure smells fishy.

I see that too much in this world to come to a forum where its purpose is to promote free exchange of ideas only to be lashed out at.

When you come to exchange ideas, I will be happy to say welcome to you.

You, however, did not do that. You joined for the specific purpose of venting and bad-mouthing. You had not even taken the time to CALL the company before you posted what you did. You did not join here to exchange ideas when you posted your first post.

You do get a thank you for coming back and saying the issue was resolved and apologizing to Tee Time.

Shawn, no need to leave the site. If you wish to participate we would love to have you. Several members on the board have small businesses, they know that word of mouth is crucial to their business. We have had many trolls or single time posters come in and try to start things. I appreciate you coming back and clearing up the situation.

I think you will find that the people that felt were questioning/insulting are really good people. They may be a little jaded by previous experience. They question new members motives when they come in complaining about something. Unfortunately it has happened before here. We try to get to know each other here, and as such this board is sort of like family (yeah even a little disfunctional at times). This board isn't for everyone but anyone is welcome to come join and participate. We aren't all touchy feely here. Yes your motive were questioned. Yes several thought that you were going to be a one post complaining troll. But now that you have shown yourself not to be, stick around, you might just like it here. Understand I would say about 50% of the members here have done business with Kenny (maybe more). Not that Kenny is perfect, no business is, but he tends to try to do the right thing and make it right by his customers from what I have heard.

Not satisfied.

You left the original post which remains in a google search.

As stated by others AND yourself you jumped the gun and posted WITHOUT contacting Tee Time directly.

Kenny was awesome when I rented from him, and in the future I will only use Tee Time.

But I tell you what, leave us your business name and let some of us treat you the same way. Just want apply the Golden Rule of business fairly.

So if it was not your intent to cause a stir, what was your intent?

If you are offended that "others questioned my motives," why don't you explain what your motives were?

And how about some facts?

Did you make any effort to communicate with Tee Time between the time your credit card was charged and your first post here?

Did you get charged the 30% cancellation penalty?

You claim to be a travel agent. How would you like it if someone said something false and insulting about you to all of your customers?

TCD

shawndb... I do appreciate you coming back to apologize to Tee Time (although they do not read here) and to let people know that you indeed did jump the gun with your complaint.

As for being ganged up on and bashed...

Look at it from this side of things. Someone that no one knows logs into our board and in their very first post bashes a business that many of us are very loyal to and have known for many years. They pose the information they post as fact and then essentially say "They screwed me, I'm never recommending them, goodbye" log off, and then don't come back to respond to any of the legitimate questions posed about the situation.

What are we supposed to think?

Instead, 2 of the people here actually contacted Kenny and got his side of the story to share because it wasn't fair to leave your accusations just hanging out there.

TCD raises an excellent question. If your intent wasn't to cause a stir, what was it? Because if you go back and read your own post, and you know anything at all about this board (which if you've been lurking enough to know Kenny is recommended here you should), then you had to expect that post could do nothing BUT cause a stir. Kenny is not on this board and had no way to defend himself here, so why lodge your complaint with us instead of him?

I guess I'm not sure what kind of reaction you thought you might get, but one thing is clear to me. Whatever your motives may have been, the motives of those people here that responded were to defend someone we know well and who has always provided excellent service - in some cases above and beyond as has been said.

As others have also suggested, as a travel agent you should know better than most how important service and word of mouth recommendations are. How would you feel if someone anonymously logged onto a board a lot of your potential customers frequented and made a similar post slamming you without getting all the facts, and left it hanging out there for a few days before bothering to come back and say "oops, my bad"?

I'd venture a guess that you'd want your loyal customers to come to your defense too and question the motives of such a post, especially if you weren't there to tell your side of the story and defend yourself.

It is too bad this got so blown out of proportion. While I did see what many of the posters were suspecting, I still don't think it was fair to make assumptions about your intents or the reason you joined. Only you know that. I feel very badly about some of the harsh comments that were made.

I haven't been around long enough to have seen what some of the regulars here have witnessed as far as "trolls", "spies", or others who seem to enjoy stirring things up or causing problems for businesses. So when I read your post I just thought you had experienced something negative and were throwing an FYI out for everyone. You were steamed, and reacted. I do it all the time. As many other people probably do, but may not admit it or even recognize it.

I honestly still don't think you signed on to try and single handedly destroy Tee Time's reputation. And, as a regular customer of his, even reading your original post didn't make me think twice. I would call him tomorrow to rent. Just figured it was some kind of misunderstanding. I thought you were just giving a heads up and trying to be helpful. I never read his cancellation policy before renting either. Guess I am a big dummy too, don't do my homework. People should really think twice before they type sometimes.

I know you said you were leaving, and I completely understand. That is a shame. But, if you're still stopping in, know you had one person who looked at it with an open mind. This sure did get way out of hand, fast. Must have touched a nerve. I wish that instead of being accused, that maybe you had just been asked to explain yourself further. Scratching my head over this whole thing.

Shawn, no need to leave the site. If you wish to participate we would love to have you. Several members on the board have small businesses, they know that word of mouth is crucial to their business. We have had many trolls or single time posters come in and try to start things. I appreciate you coming back and clearing up the situation.

I think you will find that the people that felt were questioning/insulting are really good people. They may be a little jaded by previous experience. They question new members motives when they come in complaining about something. Unfortunately it has happened before here. We try to get to know each other here, and as such this board is sort of like family (yeah even a little disfunctional at times). This board isn't for everyone but anyone is welcome to come join and participate. We aren't all touchy feely here. Yes your motive were questioned. Yes several thought that you were going to be a one post complaining troll. But now that you have shown yourself not to be, stick around, you might just like it here. Understand I would say about 50% of the members here have done business with Kenny (maybe more). Not that Kenny is perfect, no business is, but he tends to try to do the right thing and make it right by his customers from what I have heard.

Jeff I just wanted to compliment your demeanor here as well as in earlier posts on this God awful thread. Kudos for being kind.

And, you are right when you say this board isn't for everyone. I certainly don't have thick enough skin for it and wish I had never gotten involved in this. I just had this strong sense that this person didn't mean any harm. Can't explain it. But I did, and now here I am still contributing and dragging it out. Oy.

Is it okay if I still Ike beer?

Should I report him for being off topic? :)

Fortpartyof4, One thing that does happen here on Fort Fiends is honest discussion. We Fiends don't agree on everything (and what a boring place this would be if we did). I can see all sides of this issue. Shawn being frustrated and Fiends protecting a business that has treated them well. Remember about the only things Fiends completely agree on is that we love the Fort.

Shawndb... Come back

Sorry your first experience was not the best but this board is very good at info and we do promote free exchange of ideas. So please don’t give up on the board for good we would love to have you, your friends and customers on this board.

Shawndb, I was one of the posters that had questions about your post. Being a small business myself (in a very similar business), I know how something like this can effect someones business. People don't ask facts, they just read the bad stuff and assume. If something good is written about a business, it doesn't have 1/2 the impact on business as something bad being written. This will come up over and over again on the internet in searches. We don't want to you to leave, but you have to see our take on it when you posted. The written word is very hard to take back.

Thank you for saying you are sorry, but as you can see we all protect each other, so if someone dosen't look like they are on the up and up, we start asking questions.

If you decide to stay, you will see what I mean and I am sure appreciate the fiendship you will find here.