Anyone interested in seeing Disney's Hilton Head resort?

We went to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort back in August. I had originally planned to write a trip report but we got home and life got in the way and now details are getting fuzzy. But I thought I would share some of the pictures simply because it was such a beautiful spot and we really enjoyed our time there.

This is the outside of the main lodge. They do have some studio rooms here, but most of the resort is comprised of smaller buildings.

HiltonHead060.jpg

Of course they do have some Disney influences but most things are kind of subtle, not like these topiaries.

HiltonHead061.jpg

Of course it is nice to be reminded of some of my other favorite resorts!

HiltonHead083.jpg

A lot of things at this resort reminded me of a campground, especially Fort Wilderness. They had crafts daily for the kids, a campfire at night, bikes to rent, ping pong, shuffleboard, even corn hole! It was a really nice atmosphere. They have an outdoor movie on some nights, this is where it is held, although this picture was taken around sunrise.

HiltonHead108.jpg

There was a nice walk here on the pier out to the marsh. Beautiful spot for admiring nature.

HiltonHead170.jpg

And of course the pool with waterslide.

HiltonHead112.jpg

Although the resort is not right on the water Disney does have a Beach House about a mile from the resort. You can drive, bike, or take the shuttle there. We spent a lot of time over at the beach, it was one of the prettiest beaches we have been to. The water was nice and clear (and warm too...not like New England!). We got some nice sunrise shots.

HiltonHead226.jpg

HiltonHead240.jpg

And I think our favorite activity there was biking on the beach.

HiltonHead155.jpg

Back to the resort. Our room was down here on the second floor with a pretty view of the marsh.

HiltonHead023.jpg

And finally a picture from one of my favorite memories...relaxing in one of the many hammocks!

HiltonHead074.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this quick tour of the resort. We had never been to HIlton Head before but we really enjoyed it. The kids enjoyed the beach, biking, the resort amenities and various things on the island like mini golfing and of course, shopping. Definitely a spot that we would consider returning to.

I like it, especially the sunrises. Any more pics?

Sure!

Here are a few pictures of the room. We had a two bedroom which was super roomy and reminded me in many ways of the Wilderness Lodge. Again, you can see a few subtle Disney touches.

HiltonHead007.jpg

HiltonHead008.jpg

HiltonHead004.jpg

HiltonHead005.jpg

HiltonHead013.jpg

Our room view.

HiltonHead014.jpg

The resorts activities board.

HiltonHead077.jpg

The beach at midmorning.

HiltonHead030-Copy.jpg

Another sunrise shot.

HiltonHead235.jpg

This is a picture of B'Lou and Shadow the dog. There are no characters at Hilton Head, no meet and greets with Mickey, no Goofy breakfasts, etc. But they do have this storyteller, B'Lou and the official mascot, Shadow. There are different times you can meet them up at the main lodge and B'Lou does different activities around the resort like spooky stories, South Carolina history, etc.

HiltonHead064.jpg

We really like Hilton Head too, but we camp at Outdoor Resorts, which is also about a mile from the beach.

Biking is great there because they have paved bike routes everywhere! Warm ocean that you can swim in several months of the year, wide beach, good restaurants, and a laid-back, relaxing atmosphere.

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing,

You're welcome!

You posted too fast. I was going to answer:

No, but I bet you will show us anyway. :)

Thanks for sharing, it looks like a nice place to get away for some quiet time.

Haha, yes I was too fast. I just needed one person to ask for more and I was on it!

I'm interested!

I have often thought about visiting this resort, just because it's a Disney resort.

I didn't know the beach was a mile away.

It looks like a nice place, though.

You took some great photos! I am a big fan of sunrise photos!

TCD

It is a beautiful resort. I didn't know how I would like the beach being a mile away but it was fine. When we were at the resort we took full advantage of what they had, which was quite a bit. Then for our beach time we hung out at the beach house. It has the beach (of course), a pool, a quick service for food, a bar, ping pong, pool, big screen tv, etc. So you could easily go and spend the day without lacking for anything back at the resort.

And I love sunrise too, the best part of the day in my opinion.

We really like Hilton Head too, but we camp at Outdooro Resorts, which is also about a mile from the beach.

Biking is great there because they have paved bike routes everywhere! Warm ocean that you can swim in several months of the year, wide beach, good restaurants, and a laid-back, relaxing atmosphere.

We loved the biking there! Unfortunately since it was mid August we could really only bike early in the morning or late in the day, it was just too hot. I also loved the warm ocean water. I am usually a wimp when getting into the ocean but at HH I could just walk right in...loved it!

Thanks for sharing! It looks very relaxing!

It was very relaxing, not like our WDW visits!

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a nice place to visit and I just may in the future.

I never considered using our DVC points for anyplace but WDW but I read a few trip reports over on Mouseowners and we thought we would give it a try. I am so glad we did. Our kids literally begged us if we could extend the vacation by a couple of days.

I love it - thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!

We've stayed at this resort more times than I can count. The very first DVC points we bought were Hilton Head points. Your room was actually in my favorite building. I love waking up and looking out on the marsh, or chatting with people as they walk down the little boardwalk. When the resort first opened, they actually had "characters" but not Mickey, Minnie, etc. They were more like the Streetmosphere characters that you see at Hollywood Studios. If any of you decide to stay here, please stop by the Mercantile and say Hi to my friend Dottie. She fell in love with the resort after staying there on DVC points, and ended up buying a condo in the area and now works at the Mercantile. She can answer any questions that you have about the area!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures, we were there awhile ago and found the resort very relaxing looking forward to a return trip sometime!!!!!!!

I agree, very relaxing.

Thanks for sharing we almost went here for spring break in 2011 but we did the Boardwalk instead because we had season passes already for the parks.

If we had annual passes we would head to Disney too. We had been to Disney in February though so didn't feel a strong need to head back so soon.

Very nice looking resort! Thanks for posting pics from your trip!

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks - I like it!

You're welcome!

We've stayed at this resort more times than I can count. The very first DVC points we bought were Hilton Head points. Your room was actually in my favorite building. I love waking up and looking out on the marsh, or chatting with people as they walk down the little boardwalk. When the resort first opened, they actually had "characters" but not Mickey, Minnie, etc. They were more like the Streetmosphere characters that you see at Hollywood Studios. If any of you decide to stay here, please stop by the Mercantile and say Hi to my friend Dottie. She fell in love with the resort after staying there on DVC points, and ended up buying a condo in the area and now works at the Mercantile. She can answer any questions that you have about the area!

I am sure I met her! I went in the last morning to buy a coffee mug and got to speaking with her. She told us how she was a DVC member and visited and fell in love with it. She was very nice. We answered the daily trivia question and she gave my daughter her choice of pins. I thought that was a nice touch, my daughter was super excited.

Interesting about the characters they started out with. I have to say I had heard the cm's there are among the nicest and friendliest and I have to agree.

Glad I found this. I was thinking about staying here over Thanksgiving but I read a few reviews that talked about dirty rooms and grounds and not a lot to do. Our plans changed anyway. But it looks nice from your pictures.

Of course I can only speak from my experience but our room was immaculate and I didn't find the grounds dirty at all. It is a laid back vacation so if you are looking for nonstop action, it wouldn't be for you. My friend went over Thanksgiving one year and really liked it. They cooked a turkey in their villa and had a nice relaxing weekend there.

• 8 months later...