Here is the page where the frequently asked questions can be posted and answered.  It won't stop people from asking them again, but it will save them from snarky answers that ensue afterwards! ;)

I'll start.

Phone Numbers at Fort Wilderness:

Bike Barn 407-824-2742

Canoes and Kayaks  407-824-2742

Fax  407-824-3508

Fishing Excusions  407WDWPASS

Front Desk  407-824-2727

Golf  407WDWGOLF

Horseback Riding  407-824-2832

Lost and Found  407-824-2726

Maintenance  407-824-2805

Marina  407-824-2757

Meadows Trading Post  407-8245493

Pony Rides 407-824-2832

Recreation 407WDWPLAY

Future Room Ressies  407WDISNEY

Settlement Trading Post  404-824-1836

Taxi Service 407-422-2222

Weather 407-824-4104

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info. CHECK IT OUT HERE We also have many more pages of informa

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW. Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort. More info here... http://www.f

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will bec

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info.

CHECK IT OUT HERE

We also have many more pages of information on all things Fort Wilderness and WDW. This includes loop information, current activities schedules at the Fort, weekly WDW times guides for all 4 parks, restaurant information and menus, and MUCH, MUCH MORE!

These are being updated and added to all the time.

Check out the site map of all pages currently available HERE.

The loop designations are as follows:

PARTIAL - Water, Electric, Cable, designated for tents, popups, van campers, large sand pad , no Pets

FULL HOOKUP PET - Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, designated for all levels of campers, sand pad will remain, Pets are allowed with a $5 per night extra fee

PREFERRED - Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, designated for all levels of campers, sand pad, no Pets

PREFERRED PET - Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, designated for all levels of campers, sand pad will remain, Pets are allowed with a $5 per night extra fee

PREMIUM - Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, all levels of campers are allowed, remodeled for the bigger rigs, the Sand Pad will be elimated and the level driveway will be wider and longer. No way to put a stake in the ground. Updated picnic tables and grills.

PREMIUM PET - Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, all levels of campers are allowed, remodeled for the bigger rigs, the Sand Pad will be elimated and the level driveway will be wider and longer. No way to put a stake in the ground. Updated picnic tables and grills. Pets are allowed with a $5 per night extra fee.

Loop 100 - Preferred

Loop 200 - Preferred

Loop 300 - Preferred Pet

Loop 400 - Premium Pet

Loop 500 - Premium Pet

Loop 600 - Premium Pet

Loop 700 - Premium Pet

Loop 800 - Premium Pet

Loop 900 - Premium Pet

Loop 1000 - Premium

Loop 1100 - Premium

Loop 1200 - Premium

Loop 1300 - Premium

Loop 1400 - Premium

Loop 1500 - Partial

Loop 1600 - Full Hookup Pet

Loop 1700 - Full Hookup Pet

Loop 1800 - Full Hookup Pet

Loop 1900 - Full Hookup Pet

Loop 2000 - Partial

Tents are allowed on any level of site, partial, preferred, premium but the Preferred sites tend to have a smaller sand area and a larger driveway to accomodate RVs and campers. The Premium sites have NO SAND AREA AT ALL.

Supposedly, only popups, tiny campers, and tents are allowed on partial loops, but I have seen all sizes of rigs on the partial loops. A large rig would not be happy on a partial for very long due to driveway size and no sewer.

==================================================

Smoking Allowed at the Fort?

Official Response From the Walt Disney World Executive Offices:

"While smoking is not permitted inside cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness

Resort & Campground, smoking is allowed on cabin porches, at campsites,

and in the designated outdoor smoking locations throughout the

resort."

Bus Routes Inside Fort Wilderness

There are three internal bus routes inside Fort Wilderness:

YELLOW - This bus starts at the Outpost with the Marquis reading Settlement Yellow and then goes down the main road, turns right at the 4-way stop, then makes stops at 1600-1900, 1500, 1400, 400/500, 300, then Settlement.  When it arrives at Settlement, the marquis will read Wildnerness Lodge.  The bus then goes to Wilderness Lodge and returns. When it arrives back at Settlement, the Marquis will read Outpost Yellow, then it stops at 300/400/500, 1400, 1500, 1600-1900 then returns to Outpost

ORANGE - This bus starts at the Outpost with the Marquis reading Settlement Orange/Meadows Trading Post and then goes down the main road, turns left at Peacock Pass, then runs past the cabins, then returns to the main road and stops at 1300, 1200, 1100, 1000, 900, 800, 700, 600, then continues to the Settlement. When it arrives at Settlement, the marquis will read Outpost Orange/Meadows Trading Post and then stops at 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and then turns right at the 4-way stop and runs pas the cabins and returns to Outpost.

PURPLE - This bus starts at the Outpost with the Marquis reading Settlement Purple and then goes down the main road, turns left at Peacock Pass, then runs past the cabins, then stops at 2000 and the Group Camping Area then goes down a back road to Settlement. When it arrives at Settlement the Marquis reads Outpost Purple.  It then returns to Outpost in the opposite direction going down the back road, stopping at the Group Camping Area, then stops at 2000, and then runs past the cabins and back to Outpost.

Below is the property wide resort smoking policy. Notice the penalty if the policy is ignored.

Smoking at all Disney Resorts is restricted to designated outdoor smoking areas.  Smoking is prohibited in Guest rooms (including the patio or balcony), restaurants, ballrooms, and all other indoor and outdoor common areas.  A $250 - $500 room recovery fee, plus tax, (based on the resort and room type) will be charged for smoking in Guest rooms, on balconies or on patios.  This fee covers a deep cleaning to include air filter replacement, carpet extraction, and the cleaning or replacing of drapes, comforters, blankets and pillows.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground:  Smoking is permitted at campsites, on cabin porches and in the designated outdoor smoking locations.  Smoking is not permitted inside cabins.

THE GOLF CART POST (redux)

I've realized this is sorely in need of updating, and I'll try and do that as soon as possible.  If anyone has any additional info to add, please chime in!  :D

B]OFFICIAL FORT WILDERNESS CART [/b

NOTE: These rules were given out as of 12/16/09 and the handout is dated 5/29/09.

Rules01.jpg

Rules01.jpg

An excerpt from the same handout pertaining to the TYPES OF CARTS ALLOWED...

Private Cart Operation

Private carts approved for use in FW

- Must be golf style carts with maximum speed not to exceed 20 MPH

- Must have seating capacity for all passengers on board cart.

- Passengers are not permitted to stand while the cart is in motion

- Must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after dusk

- Please obey all posted traffic signs, rules, regulations, safety precautions and operational usage grid printed on the back.

NOT PERMITTED - Off road, ATV, Utility or Construction-type carts.

Golf cart privileges at FW may be revoked from those not abiding by the above rules.

All drivers must follow the cart safety precautions.

Large, noisy, or utility type vehicles are not allowed. Must be a golf cart style cart only.

UPDATE: As of 1/08 leashed pets are now allowed on golf carts except in the following areas:

Marina

Settlement area

Pools

Comfort Stations

...and other areas posted "no pets"

----------------

OFF-SITE RENTALS

10/07/09 UPDATE:

BAD NEWS folks.  Word has come today from Shawn at Golf Cart Enterprises that Disney will no longer be allowing them to deliver carts to the overflow lot.  They are trying to work something out with Disney but it isn't looking good.  GCE does have trailers available for rent to go pick up your cart yourself and I will post more info here on that once I have it.  As of December'09 Kenny/Tee Time IS still able to deliver carts.  I don't know if any other off-site rental companies have been effected.

UPDATE:

Because of the new construction to the overflow lot/entrance to the Fort, there have been concerns about renting from off-site companies and how this may effect their ability to deliver carts. I'll post any updates as they're received, but so far this is the first report we have 7/29/10...

we are here at Disney now, hope this reply works because I'm using my Kindle (too cheap to pay for internet)

Kenny met us by the overflow parking lot for our gate card. He used that to get through the gate and unloaded the cart in the overflow lot. HTH

UPDATE 08/23/10

The following information was reported by someone just back from the Fort...

Tee Time does not have an issue delivering to the fort as you know. However 10 day rental is $293.28 including delivery & pick-up. Just a slight difference in price but at least it's as of today.

Golf Cart Ent. no longer delivers to the fort. I was told today I would need to pick up the cart & rent their trailer to tow it back for $50 if I want one of their carts.

----------------

These 3 companies have been used/recommended by people posting on this board:

- Tee Time Golf Cart Rental

- Golf Cart Enterprises

- Golf and Electric Vehicles

Tee Time Golf Cart Rental (Kenny)

(no website)

email:[email protected]

Costs for 4 person carts (as reported early 2009)

approx. $224-$240/7 days  (as reported)

$293.28/10 days (as reported 8/23/10 - call for current pricing)

$470.80/month-31 days  (as reported 6/19/09 - call for current pricing)

Prices include delivery (6am - 9pm), taxes, plastic rolldown rain shield, head & tail lights, and a windshield.

30% cancellation fee within 2 weeks of scheduled delivery.

4 person carts only.

CALL FOR CURRENT TERMS/PRICING

Golf Cart Enterprises (Mike)

www.golfcartenterprises.com

Costs - updated 5/13/09

Rates (incl. special 20% discount when you mention you found them on DISboards):

4 Person cart = $244.95/7 days

6 Person cart = $330.15/7 days

4 Person cart = $415.35/month-31 days  (as reported here 6/19/09 - call for current pricing)

Includes tax, delivery and pickup-up. No extra charge for weekend delivery.

Per post from Mike in May'09

Call us if you would like to reserve a cart. We don't charge your card until 48 hours before delivery and if you need to cancel we just ask that you give us at least 72 hours notice. Delivery and pick-up times are 9am to 4pm, 7-days a week. Most of our carts have long tops that cover the backseat passengers also. Thanks, Mike 407 656-0995.

Golf and Electric Vehicles (Steve)

18754 E. Colonial Dr.

Orlando, FL 32820

cell 407-947-2013

fax 407-568-8175

email: [email protected]

www.golfandelectricvehiclesblog.com

Costs for 4 person carts (as reported Sep. 2010, call for current pricing)

"Last winter we paid $480 for a 4 passenger cart from 15 Jan until 12 Feb.

We have used him several times. He gives great service and his rates are similar to the others. He does not deliver on Sat or Sun. Otherwise, he will bring the cart directly to your site."

According to a post from 9/13/10 they DO have 6 person carts.

----------------

OTHER GENERAL GOLF CART FAQs & NOTES:

? since the security changes to the overflow parking lot, you should contact the rental company to find out what they need to do in order to deliver your cart.

? off-site rental carts are considered "personal" carts and must have the same equipment as the rental carts, incl. windshield, front and rear lights

? you do not need to notify FW that you will be bringing your own golf cart or renting one off-site

? there is golf cart parking which can be used by any golf cart (personal, Disney and off-site rentals):

-  trading posts

-  Trails End/Hoop Dee Do

-  near campfire/movie (closest area too Meadows pool)

-  marina

-  outpost bus stop

? there are a limited number of recharging stations (plugs) in the golf cart parking areas at the Outpost and Settlement/Marina

? all cabins/campsites have their own accessible plug to recharge your cart

? you cannot drive golf carts on any roads outside of FW or on the road/path to WL

? 4 seater carts are large enough to hold 4 adults comfortably, but it is possible to squeeze in extras - particularly smaller kids - depending on size. Capacity limits are not posted/enforced.  6 seater carts are available through Golf Cart Enterprises (see above)

We need a photo fix i believe. ;)

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

Where can I park a golf cart??

There is golf cart parking:

On the driveway at your site

Near the marina

Near Trails End and the Hoop de Doo

Near the Meadows Recreation Area and Campfire/Movie

Near the Outpost Bus Stop

Near the Settlement Bus Stop

There are plug-ins for charging the golf cart at the parking near Trails End and near the marina.

There are plug-ins for charging the golf cart at the parking near Settlement bus stop

There are NO plug-ins at the parking near Outpost

Unknown if there are plug-ins at the parking near the the Meadows Recreation Area/Campfire/Movie

Directions to WDW/Ft. Wilderness from I-75

I-75 S

Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)

Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)

Travel on 429S to Exit 8 (Disney World/Hartzog Rd) (approximately 14 miles)

This road will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.

Turn right if going to All-Stars or Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left if going anywhere else, then follow the Disney signs to your destination.

Tolls on the main Turnpike will be $2.50 for a standard vehicle. (More if pulling a trailer).

Tolls on 429S to Disney World will be just $1.00 as the Disney World Exit doesn't appear to charge a toll.

(I based the mileage on the exit numbers as they coincide with mile markers).

• 2 weeks later...

Tents can be rented, like this one pictured, for $30 a night from Disney.  You must call to reserve them and Disney will set them up and take them down for you.  This is in addition to your site rental per night. 

190409_1916769317592_1192749535_32304589_3425195_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know that the Fort:

. has a 10/10/10 rating from Trailer Life magazine.  This rating is the highest provided by the magazine.

. has four miles of canals.

. Wilderness name came from the fort on Tom Sawyers Island located at Disneyland.

. tree trunk trashcans are recycled props obtained from the retired Indian Village attraction that was open in Frontierland at Disneyland from 1955 to 1971.

. on average, has 80-85 horses on the grounds.

. has 409 cabins & 784 campsites.

Due to very recent events, I wouldn't give that flier too much credence.

Disney just released their position and clarification on Segways and it differs from the printed rules.

There is also a thread about Fiends being pulled over for riding their bikes one the road. That too differs from the rules.

Will they revise that flier?