Below I'm quoting, exactly, from 2 WDW internal website posts.

It's kinda scary that you know about the 799 figure.

I've checked other non Disney web sites and am getting both numbers as well. So take your pick.

Quote #1 - 409 Wilderness Cabins, 784 Campsites

Quote #2 - 409 rooms (rustic wilderness cabins), 799 camping sites.

I'm wondering if the 784 number is the original number of campsites and the 799 is the revised number. Either way, there are a ton of campsites.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We now have an entire page dedicated to all things Golf Cart Rentals - on site and off - that is being maintained regularly with current info. CHECK IT OUT HERE We also have many more pages of informa

Internet access at the Fort became free last spring as part of the WiFi project at WDW. Unfortunately widespread WiFi still isn't available at the campsites at the Fort. More info here... http://www.f

In addition to the Meadow Snack Bar and Trail's End, consider taking a bus ride over to Wilderness Lodge.  It's quick and easy- especially if you're on the Yellow bus route, as the Yellow bus will bec

Due to very recent events, I wouldn't give that flier too much credence.

Disney just released their position and clarification on Segways and it differs from the printed rules.

There is also a thread about Fiends being pulled over for riding their bikes one the road. That too differs from the rules.

Will they revise that flier?

Considering that you have to ask for the flyer, that should explain it all.  I only got one when I was pulled overbb the popo.  This one I scanned in I basically had to beg for.

• 4 weeks later...

Below I'm quoting, exactly, from 2 WDW internal website posts.

It's kinda scary that you know about the 799 figure.

I've checked other non Disney web sites and am getting both numbers as well. So take your pick.

Quote #1 - 409 Wilderness Cabins, 784 Campsites

Quote #2 - 409 rooms (rustic wilderness cabins), 799 camping sites.

I'm wondering if the 784 number is the original number of campsites and the 799 is the revised number. Either way, there are a ton of campsites.

Didn't they add 15 sites to the 600 loop when they extended it a year or two back? That'd account for the discrepancy.

• 1 month later...

They have you sit in line, give you your assignment and only put you in overflow if your site is not ready to my knowledge. Please ocrrect me someone if I am wrong. There is a gate there now in overflow and there is only a certain way you can get in and out. Personally, I think it is a PITA.

Actually, once you go through the guard shack, you can still drive to the Overflow area without entering the checkin lanes. So go through the guard shack, tell them you are checking in, and then instead of going to the checkin lanes, turn right at the first opportunity and make your way toward the overflow area of the parking lot.

Then you can walk into the checkin building if you so desire.

Thanks for the info ya’ll, I really appreciate it. We usually arrive at the Fort in the 9 am hour, call for our cart and loop until one

of our choice sites is ready. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am coming to the experts with this question. Actually I have the answer to it somewhere but right now only the Good Lord knows where it is. I need the mailing address for the Campground to give the new little one's caseworker so she can get permission for him to travel with us to Disney in December. Also need it for our mail person so our first class mail can be forwarded to us. Thanks for your help once again.

Love, Judy and the sweet Angels

• 11 months later...

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

and this is why I love Carol!!!!! :yourock:

4510 N Fort Wilderness Trl Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8415

(407) 824-2900

Just to add to this, be sure to put your site # with your name to make the delivery contact easier. And make sure the desk has your cell on record vs your home number (if different)

We had a packaged overnighted, they held at the front desk until we picked up, but called us immeadiately upon its arrival. In fact the call made it before the email from UPS's delivery confimation/tracking site.

• 2 months later...

Quick question as I didn't see it listed. We are getting back into plans for a 25th Anniversary trip to Disney in 2014. We camped in June of 2009 and this will be our 1st trip back since then. I have not followed the boards all that offten since. I am now starting to price and look at date options that we could go. When i looked at the reservations for the Fort, i looked at the pictures of the different type of sites available. The pictures they show on the reservation website seem to show that all the sites are now paved. Is that the case? We have a 25' travel trailer (hybrid) and only need electric/water and sewer would be nice. don't need the grill as all cooking and eating will be inside or at loctaions in the parks.

We have a 25' travel trailer (hybrid) and only need electric/water and sewer would be nice. don't need the grill as all cooking and eating will be inside or at loctaions in the parks.

They normally will not let you in the tent/pop-up sites,(1500 & 2000 loops) you will need to reserve full hook-up, preferred or premium. All have water, elec, sewer & cable

Welcome! Partial sites have allowed hybrids, BUT no sewer hook ups there. As far as grills, etc, they are there in all sites everywhere. The least expensive sites are preferred, then full hook up then premium. It might be good to have one of the travel agents book for you. It doesn't cost anything and any discounts out there, they will find for you. Makes it easy.

Silly questions but I noticed when I was looking at the videos of the loop sites (awesome job on that by the way) that there are no fire pits in the sites. Are campfires allowed at the sites? If fires are allowed, are fire pits there or do you have to bring your own? Also, are you allowed to use your own gas grill or do you have to use the provided charcoal grills? Thanks

No fire pits are provided and no open camp fires are allowed at the camp sites.

There are some covered fire pits that are allowed...

http://www.fortfiend...-wilderness-r57

However you need to check when you get there to see if there is a burn ban in place. If there is, covered fire pits will not be allowed either.

You can definitely use your own gas grill.

• 2 months later...

A question for something that I have not found on here, We will be staying at the fort for TG '14 in a 35' MH for 11 nights. We have a few friends that live in the WDW area. If they come to visit us for the day and maybe stay over a night or 2 (with us in our MH) is there a fee for them (other then the fee to get into a park)? I do see that site are for up to 10 people so I would think not, but wanted to ask. Thanks for any Info!