5e4de99b00c98c2ff0b6935ea596d1f0.jpg

This is the first time I've included 2 puppies as part of my family.

The light colored coat is a 6 month old schnauzer / Yorkshire terrier mix that we rescued from the KC area shelter. The other is a 2 month old schnauzer / poodle that originates from south central Missouri. As the picture shows, they are best friends.

Their first trip to the Fort will be in December and I'm starting to think about the logistics of a multi K-9 living arrangement. For instance, what do most folks do we they head out to the parks? As we are seasoned vets of WDW, the days of commando all day visits are past. We typically do the morning 4-5 hours and then back to Fort for some rest and chow.

Do you keep them in their individual crates for safety and comfort? Or, do you leave them together in a dog play pen setup to keep each other occupied? I know there are a lot of variables that will dictate everyone's different situation (i.e. temperament, age, breed, training, ) Either way they will be safely inside the RV. So I'm just looking for folks opinions / experiences.

For several years we hauled two yorkies every where. Once they were used to the MH we could leave them out, in the coach, for 6-8 hours w/o any problem.

If you're no comforable doing that, I suggest leaving them on Lou's bus... :clint:

Assuming your cute sweet cuddly pups don't chew...

We left our dogs in the Travel Trailer unrestrained with curtains closed for around 4-6 hours. Someone, or all of us, would come home from the parks to walk, feed, & make sure they had water. We always left a fan or A/C running not only for the dogs comfort but to create white noise so the dogs would react less to the outdoor traffic.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go find something cuddly to love on.....

Was recently at the Fort with our one dog. A ~55# Doberman. We crated her while were at the Parks. But like you, we came home at lunch and she was walked and spent time with us for at least an hour in between park visits.

If we were just socializing at the Fort, she was allowed to stay out of her crate. However, if we were away from the Fort she was crated. We felt it was a safer environment for her AND us that way. I.e. for afternoon thunderstorms and possible fireworks and other unexpected noises. Plus it limited the chance of her getting into trouble in the RV and possibly getting into our beer...;)

One thing that is a must before our next trip. We are going to have a sign made up, with our cell phone numbers and contact info. Letting people know that she is in there and if a problem with the RV to contact us.

We let Kassie (mini Schnauzer) stay loose in the moho. Always have AC or some kind of background noise on. We also have our cell phone numbers posted in the front window.

We only leave her for 4-6 hours at a time and come back to walk her and usually go golf cart riding before we leave her again.

She is also accustomed to being alone during the day, so I guess that makes a difference.

I have no help for you but just wanted to say what cute pups you have.

I'm no help either but OMG they are cute!

Many thanks. They have us pretty much wrapped around their finer.

For several years we hauled two yorkies every where. Once they were used to the MH we could leave them out, in the coach, for 6-8 hours w/o any problem.

If you're no comforable doing that, I suggest leaving them on Lou's bus... :clint:

The "Lou" idea is brilliant. I'm going to pursue. :)

When we take our 2 Shitzu's camping we leave them loose in the motorhome with toys. They are use to being home during the day by themselves so it's not a problem.

Assuming your cute sweet cuddly pups don't chew...

We left our dogs in the Travel Trailer unrestrained with curtains closed for around 4-6 hours. Someone, or all of us, would come home from the parks to walk, feed, & make sure they had water. We always left a fan or A/C running not only for the dogs comfort but to create white noise so the dogs would react less to the outdoor traffic.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go find something cuddly to love on.....

Was recently at the Fort with our one dog. A ~55# Doberman. We crated her while were at the Parks. But like you, we came home at lunch and she was walked and spent time with us for at least an hour in between park visits.

If we were just socializing at the Fort, she was allowed to stay out of her crate. However, if we were away from the Fort she was crated. We felt it was a safer environment for her AND us that way. I.e. for afternoon thunderstorms and possible fireworks and other unexpected noises. Plus it limited the chance of her getting into trouble in the RV and possibly getting into our beer...;)

One thing that is a must before our next trip. We are going to have a sign made up, with our cell phone numbers and contact info. Letting people know that she is in there and if a problem with the RV to contact us.

We let Kassie (mini Schnauzer) stay loose in the moho. Always have AC or some kind of background noise on. We also have our cell phone numbers posted in the front window.

We only leave her for 4-6 hours at a time and come back to walk her and usually go golf cart riding before we leave her again.

She is also accustomed to being alone during the day, so I guess that makes a difference.

I see the merit of both solutions. Thanks for sharing what has worked for each of you. The white noise and cell phone sign are great ideas. Thanks again for all the help.

Adorable and congratulations!!

We crate our 3 lunatics in the TT. Otherwise there would be all sorts of shenanigans - not the least of which would be Brady bouncing from the couch to the chairs so he could bark at everything he sees through the window. Also, one of our girls is occasionally a "Queen B" to the others, so we don't risk leaving them alone unsupervised.

We don't do commando anymore either and usually leave them for only about 4-6 hours at a time. Everyone gets a good romp in before we head out - the girls go run themselves silly at the dog park, and I take Brady for a walk (he's not a good dog park dog). Then it's stuffed kongs in their crates with the TV on and a/c or fan (for climate control and extra noise) and off we go.

For our guys, if they can't hear anything going on outside, they aren't likely to bark. Most of the time when we come back they're all snoozing... and the camper reeks of peanut butter. :rofl2:

We have one of those pet stickers on the door of our TT with my cell number on it.

It actually came in handy a few years back when we still had our hybrid. The smoke alarm started chirping while we were out (battery) and one of our neighbors heard it and called us. (campers are awesome!) We were at Epcot and he said everything looked fine and that he'd keep an eye out, and not to rush back. We told him if anything seemed "off" to just rip the tent end open and pull the dogs' crates out - we didn't care about the rest.

All was well. :)

Here's our setup in the TT for the pups when we first installed it...

4906296388_83b349c84a_b.jpg

This is a side slide bunkhouse - or it was. We ripped out the bunks and installed the crates. Bonus... because this was for bunks, there's a hookeup for the tv right there so they get their own. Double bonus... DH built a bar on top for the humans.

...and yes we actually shopped for this unit for the dogs... 8)

We also setup a pen for them in back of the TT so they can hang out outside with us when we're there. This picture wasn't taken at the Fort, but the mat we put down really comes in handy there since we're usually on the 300 loop and the pen is on the coquina...

7145786747_65c3f70a31_b.jpg

And this is the special camping chair we pack for Bz... because DH said "she needs it"...

4161457130_c3d11133fe_o.jpg

CL...the puppies are CUTE! Back until 2004 we had two dogs that were brother/sister, and they shared a crate. They were ALWAYS together. Sadly he had to be put down in '04. We still have Daisy (the sister), who at 12 or 13 years old (not sure, as she was a rescue) is not interested in the crate anymore. Nor does she need it. But our 3 year old Malti Poo definitely is crated. And I wouldn't put Daisy in with Foofy...as that would just be beneath her. :rofl3: Daisy turns her nose at anything Foofy does.

And Mo, how old is Bz?

awesome pups cl! all of mine are related and where one is all the others are too... people are amazed at the way they have to be near each other. i love it! cute pups and feel free to post more pics.

we let ours have run of the camper while we are out. i have the tv on and a device i plug in (no bark) when we go out--if we are in an area that we think they are going to bark at people. the no bark thing isn't on them--just a sound that goes off when they bark. it helps.

CL...the puppies are CUTE! Back until 2004 we had two dogs that were brother/sister, and they shared a crate. They were ALWAYS together. Sadly he had to be put down in '04. We still have Daisy (the sister), who at 12 or 13 years old (not sure, as she was a rescue) is not interested in the crate anymore. Nor does she need it. But our 3 year old Malti Poo definitely is crated. And I wouldn't put Daisy in with Foofy...as that would just be beneath her. :rofl3: Daisy turns her nose at anything Foofy does.

And Mo, how old is Bz?

The heeled felt the same way about the Dane as daisy does foofy

And Mo, how old is Bz?

Thank you sir.

Sorry to hear about Daisy's bro.

I think daisy has earned the right to choose her own logistics. :)

awesome pups cl! all of mine are related and where one is all the others are too... people are amazed at the way they have to be near each other. i love it! cute pups and feel free to post more pics.

we let ours have run of the camper while we are out. i have the tv on and a device i plug in (no bark) when we go out--if we are in an area that we think they are going to bark at people. the no bark thing isn't on them--just a sound that goes off when they bark. it helps.

4M2- I hope we get to that point of independence. Do they have a favorite channel? I assume its Disney. :)

That photo was from 2009 - she will be celebrating her 6th birthday at the Fort on 11/10. :)

She celebrated her 3rd birthday at the Fort that same year...

4161456448_34ff64b2fd_z.jpg?zz=1

Bz is very photogenic and I'm digging that birthday button. That pup is awesome!