FW Real Men of Genius (copyright: TCD 2010)

Thought I would channel the spirit of TCD who is currently somewhere "out there".......

Anyway, here is my nomination from MLK weekend last month:

0116111556.jpg

This is the dog walk that runs behind the 800 loop.  These people decided that the dog walk was part of their site.....

The group here had 3 sites I think and used the middle one as a party area w/tables, coolers, etc. Then they set up all these tents on the dog walk.

Its hard to see from these pics, but they were WAY back from the sites. They put lights on the ground to mark a lighted path thru the bushes behind the campsite so they could find the tents at night!.

They also took up a big part of the dog walk. When they were out playing the lawn games there were several of us that had to duck under the branches of the trees to the left to get by.....

Heres a closer look:

0116111556a.jpg

Nothing like giving a dog something else to lift a leg on. 

It never ceases to amaze me how widely rules get interpreted at the fort.  I have been fussed at for having  1/2 a tire off the drive.  These guys cover over 100 sq feet and I bet no one said a word to them. 

We had our tent and RV on our site. We put the tent on the grassy brushy area under a couple trees, well within our site area as it was a corner so not encroaching on anyone else. We were told to move it to the sandy area behind the camper. We did and I don't mind abiding by the rules as long as they enforce it for one and all. OH my....where did I hear this just recently.......some /??/--board. :rofl2:

This sounds remarkably similar to people that were on the 300 loop in November.  Here's the canal dog walk...

5211731473_e4b629712a_z.jpg

Similar setup - 3 sites, all the tables and cooking stuff in the middle.  There were no less than a dozen coolers stacked up and this setup out in the grass was there for more than a few days.

I walked Brady out there every day, and believe me, it was tempting to have him christen their cornhole game...

whistle.gif

This sounds remarkably similar to people that were on the 300 loop in November.  Here's the canal dog walk...

5211731473_e4b629712a_z.jpg

Similar setup - 3 sites, all the tables and cooking stuff in the middle.  There were no less than a dozen coolers stacked up and this setup out in the grass was there for more than a few days.

I walked Brady out there every day, and believe me, it was tempting to have him christen their cornhole game...

whistle.gif

Yup, mediocre minds think alike apparently.....    :D

The 800 group was also there all 3 days of the long weekend and nothing was said.  Although it was a crazy weekend at the Fort and Disney had its hands full.

oh wait, thats right, Disney didn't do a thing about these guys, the Group sites behind the 900 loop that were out of control, and worst of all the idiots that took over half of the 2000 loop that weekend and made life miserable for the other half of the loop (and everyone else within earshot).

As others have noted above, you either have rules or you don't. 

:D I dont usually like too many rules but like this seems like a hazard, fire, dog, kid, peace & quiet just some kind of hazard - I would have called their butt in - Yes - you may call me POPO Whipperwhirl  :)

Go get 'em Whip.anim_09.gif :popo:

We had our tent and RV on our site. We put the tent on the grassy brushy area under a couple trees, well within our site area as it was a corner so not encroaching on anyone else. We were told to move it to the sandy area behind the camper. We did and I don't mind abiding by the rules as long as they enforce it for one and all. OH my....where did I hear this just recently.......some /??/--board. :parrot:

Yeah, these guys weren't even close.  If you look you can see there is a line of trees and large bushes that seperate the 800 loop sites from the Dog Walk.  They were well behind that.  They made a deliberate decision to create an entirely new campsite..... :o

The dog walk is also used by a ton of people not just dogwalkers. It is a huge timesaver to use it to get to the Marina/Trails End/ etc if you are on the 800, 900 or 2000 loop.

Thats why I was surprised they were allowed to stay for the 3 day weekend.    ;)