I'm a salsa fiend. I love the stuff at various Mexican joints, but my favorite by far is what they serve at J. Alexander's. It is really fresh tasting and has different ingredients like radishes and cucumber in it. J's won't give you the recipe, but I found a leaked copy on line. I decided to make it tonight, and it is spot on, IMHO.

I encourage all salsa lovers to give it a try.

JAY ALEXANDER'S SALSA

(copycat recipe)

1/8 cup oregano

1/4 cup cilantro

1/2 purple onion

3 jalapenos

4 oz. radishes

6-7 garlic cloves

1 whole green pepper

3/4 cucumber

1 tbsp. parsley flakes

1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper

1/4 cup vinegar

1/2 cup olive oil

38 oz. hunts diced tomatoes=1 lg.& 1 sm.

1/4 tsp. chili powder

1 lime squeezed, I actually found this optional.

There is a BRAND NEW SECTION I have added (by request) for recipes. They don't have to be Disney ones. Go find the Disney recipe section and it is listed right below. Start your own thread for sections of what you would like. Have a blast!

I love salsa my self and in Texas it is very common. But that is a strange recipe by local standards. That said I want to try it.

Ditto. I'm sure it's good but it reminds me of the Pace Picante ads that were running on Fort Worth/Dallas TV. They talked about all those fancy salsas from New York City.

Do you know if it would freeze or can? Maybe not with the cucumber...

Ditto. I'm sure it's good but it reminds me of the Pace Picante ads that were running on Fort Worth/Dallas TV. They talked about all those fancy salsas from New York City.

Do you know if it would freeze or can? Maybe not with the cucumber...

NEW YORK CITY!

This thread made us decide that there just might be an interest in cooking and recipies, so "Poof" the AuburnLeaders created a new board.

This gets to be the threadthat starts it all off! :jumpforjoy

Whoa....I created a sub-forum....cool

Anybody made this yet?

L-S,

This stuff is not typical Mexican restaurant salsa. Its not even hot, but it is dang good. I love true Mexican salsa too, but this stuff has a lot of flavors they come through and play well together.

I don't know about freezing it. 48oz of it only lasted 3 days around my house so far. My kids tear it up.

• 6 months later...