First FW trip with fuzzy boys...

We are getting ready to book our first FW trip for June and we will be bringing the fuzzy children with us. 2 poms, one is our little old man dog and his 2-3 yr old rescue buddy. We are running with a tight budget so we have ruled out the extra expense of a premium site but would be willing to do a preferred. Other than the location is the premium pet loop worth the bump? Our non fuzzy boy is coming too and the 1600-1900 loops look good for being closer to a pool, although I'm not sure which pool it is. Thoughts? Suggestions? Helpful hints? I will also accept positive affirmations and random cyber hugs. We are rolling in a 30 ft TT with a half slide and an awning if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

You are correct, no golf cart. Bikes or buses for us this time at least.

Probably a no on the dog park as well. The little old man has a bum leg so he tends to be a little defensive and our rescue boy is still pretty timid. Leash walks will be the norm and we have a play pen so they can have some unleashed outside time.

Amy

OK- you interchanged the words premium and preferred in your original post, but I think you are asking if the increased cost between a preferred and full hook up site would be worth it for you.

In your case, I would say no.

The preferred pet loop (300) is convenient for the dog park, but not the pool.

Since the dog park isn't a big interest for you, I would say save the money and stay on a full hook up.

You will be closer to the pool.

That's the main pool by the way- The Meadow Pool with the slide.

TCD

I've only stayed in the 1600 loop. Once I find something I like, I stick with it. The premium/preferred loops definitely hav some great attributes, just not enough to lure me out of comfortable surroundings.. I don't think u can go wrong once u arrive at the fort. Although, I'm not sure I would care for 617. :)