We are staying at the In and Out RV park in Lake City, FL tonight. I would definitely NOT recommend this place to anyone. Tried to make a reservation a few days ago, the guy just said, "Okay", and hung up. Never asked my name or anything. When we got here we were not at all impressed with the way it looks. Lots of full timers up front and very junky looking. When Bill went in, the guy whose first language is not English, told him they charge an extra 10 per kid. He told us we are getting a great deal. Free water, electricity, and cable. He said they charge $183 a night over in St. Augustine. Bill told him we have three kids (which isn't true of course) and that we weren't going to pay an extra 30 bucks. After some haggling, we ended up paying 47. Then he told us the cable is out. The sites here in back are nicer, but the shower house is disgusting. We definitely won't stay here again.

Kristina, we used to stay at the In and Out all the time. We stopped for some of the very reasons you mentioned. It used to be a clean and convenient place to stop. I can't say that at all anymore. The last time we stayed there, there was a murder at the hotel that used to be next door. We just didn't feel it was a safe place, not even for overnight.

We stop in Lake City at the In and Out EVERY trip we make to Disney. It makes it easier on us and the kids to stop for the night.

It is not the nicest we have stayed in but the price is right and we can always get a site and the ones way in the back are much nicer than the ones in the front. We also enjoy getting something from the Sub Way that is next door to their store. We have never had a problem with anything at their park. The employees have always been very nice and friendly and helpful.

You are right about trying to make a reservation. But they always ask me my name and they have a site for us no matter what time we arrive. We can tolerate it not being the fanciest park for one night. And we almost always stop there on our way home too. :mh1:

We stayed there last January. And we did pay $47 but that included full hook ups and Cable I think. We have stayed in places not even that nice that charged much more. So for one night we can handle not using the showers, etc. We can use the one in the RV.

Sorry you had such a bad experience there. They have changed hands a few times but we always had the same service.

• 8 months later...

This might not help you now but in the future try Lee's country Campground in White Springs, FL # 386-397-4132.  Not expensive at all and a few miles off of I-75 north of Lake City.  I stayed there and found it very clean and quiet.  I felt very secure and would stay there again as it is the perfect spot for my first nights stop coming from South Fla on I-75.  I find $47 dollars very pricey for what you got.  I was on the road 2 months this  summer 2013 and have not spent more that $41 for some very nice places and that included 3 KOA's.  Please write a review and post it on rvreviews.com so we can all benefit from your experience.  I suggest that you can use that site to plan out your stays before you make a reservation.  Letrs face it.  Not all campgrounds are created equal.  Most don't even come close to being as good as FW but some are down right scarey.  You need all the help you can get to prevent yourself from arriving at a Travel Trailer Cemetary.