Put it all together and voila!

mickeylamp014.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started out with ugly old brown milk jug: Painted the top black, bottom red: Once that dried, taped off then painted the yellow band: Cut the plastic globes, glued & taped til dry: Cut a patt

This has been quite a project. We are almost done with the painting. Just need to sand buttons and touch up. :) Yay! My husband is almost done with the globes and my daughter has been mastering her sk

I saw a few on craigs list around here a few days ago...keep checking there and you will likely find one!

Started out with ugly old brown milk jug:

mickeylamp002.jpg

Painted the top black, bottom red:

mickeylamp006.jpg

Once that dried, taped off then painted the yellow band:

mickeylamp011.jpg

Oooh, I love that. I have an old milk jug, would you mind if I borrowed your idea.

doodlebug

mickeylamp012.jpg

Cut the plastic globes, glued & taped til dry:

mickeylamp008.jpg

Cut a pattern out of heavy paper, to paint "buttons"

mickeylamp013.jpg

Put it all together and voila!

mickeylamp014.jpg

I love your base!  That is the best one that I have ever seen!  Do you fill it with sand, or did you cement the pole in place in the can?

Thanks everyone! The pole actually stops at the top of the jug, we bolted a pvc end cap to the lid which the lamp post sits in. This way when traveling, we take the whole lid, post & globes off, leaving just the milk can, so it's two separate pieces and I can protect my globes  ;)

The can weighs about 10 pounds so it's heavy enough to stand on it's own. The cord comes out of the pvc pipe and drapes down the back as we didn't want to cut any holes in the jug. But hubby found a black and red 50 foot cord, so it matches good and can sit anywhere we want.

I love your base!  That is the best one that I have ever seen!  Do you fill it with sand, or did you cement the pole in place in the can?

Thanks everyone! The pole actually stops at the top of the jug, we bolted a pvc end cap to the lid which the lamp post sits in. This way when traveling, we take the whole lid, post & globes off, leaving just the milk can, so it's two separate pieces and I can protect my globes  :rofl2:

The can weighs about 10 pounds so it's heavy enough to stand on it's own. The cord comes out of the pvc pipe and drapes down the back as we didn't want to cut any holes in the jug. But hubby found a black and red 50 foot cord, so it matches good and can sit anywhere we want.

You've got to protect your globes!!  :rofl2:

Once again, it looks awesome!!