My Mickey & Minnie Lamp

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started out with ugly old brown milk jug: Painted the top black, bottom red: Once that dried, taped off then painted the yellow band: Cut the plastic globes, glued & taped til dry: Cut a patt

This has been quite a project. We are almost done with the painting. Just need to sand buttons and touch up. :) Yay! My husband is almost done with the globes and my daughter has been mastering her sk

I saw a few on craigs list around here a few days ago...keep checking there and you will likely find one!

Those lamps are awesome. I would love to make one but I dont think we would have room to pack it. :-[

There are many ways to make a Mickey Lamp. I have a tiny camper and a short bed truck. My breaks down into 4 pieces. I don't have a milk jug as a base. My base is..... a toilet flange that I stake down into the ground, with two pieces of PVC and a connector in the middle, then the light fixture, and then the globe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Changing-Light-Bulb-Remote/dp/B003MB6UEO

This is the color changing light with remote. It was only 8 dollars a light blub with remote and 16 color changes! It was 90 dollars. We bought 3 for when it runs out but it is LED so should last long. :)

I just finished sanding down the milk jug so we are heading to Home Depot for paint. :banana:

Oh wow Jenremly, I just noticed where you are from!!!!! We are NEIGHBORS!!!!!! Another Huntsville/Madison Girlfiend!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Ya'll need to look up the Defeated Creek Grand Gathering in Carthage, TN and join us!!! (Mid September) Lots of Fiends gonna be there

Oh wow Jenremly, I just noticed where you are from!!!!! We are NEIGHBORS!!!!!! Another Huntsville/Madison Girlfiend!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Ya'll need to look up the Defeated Creek Grand Gathering in Carthage, TN and join us!!! (Mid September) Lots of Fiends gonna be there

sounds like another gathering is in order soon Carol!! ;)

We just found an old milk jug for this project! It took alittle bit of searching but totally worth it! Super excited! :)

Found the milk jug at an Antique mall. They had a few and range from 22-65 dollars.

Congrats! I'm working on a Minnie right now, to match my Mickey. DH found an identical jug to the Mickey. Good luck, would love to see pics when you're done.

And Welcome :wave1:

LOVE THE lamps! Where did you find the globes for the ears? I had read that Home Depot carried them but when I looked online, I didn't see them :-( Hubby was going to make one for our trip last month and we had to scrap the project. Now I'm looking for a milk jug too :-)

THANK YOU!

Check here: http://www.carol-ann...Mickey Lamp.htm

The new Home Depot part numbers are included in my instructions.

Gary

This has been quite a project. We are almost done with the painting. Just need to sand buttons and touch up. :) Yay! My husband is almost done with the globes and my daughter has been mastering her skills in remote controlling the color changing light bulb we places in our living room to see what it looked like.

For the names I got the Waltgraph font printed names and covered with masking tape then xacto knifed the letters out. Then spray painted the names on but there was quite a few over sprays so I used a few paint brushes with spray paint and touched up around the names. You can see on the buttons we have some over spray that needs some touch up but have to wait till tomorrow. For the buttons I did the same as the names.

7579344670_43277fc936.jpg

IMGP8726

7579346008_9b29d7f18d.jpg

IMGP8727